Rick Perry and Guns

This is a discussion on Rick Perry and Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Perry is the governor of my state and I've heard more about him in the news in the last 3 or 4 days than I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Rick Perry and Guns

Rick Perry and Guns

Perry is the governor of my state and I've heard more about him in the news in the last 3 or 4 days than I have the whole time he's been governor of TX. I did think it was interesting how some of the national news outlets have mentioned that he carries a gun. One news site said he carries a Ruger LCP with a laser sight and that recently he shot a coyote when he was out taking his dog for a walk. When a news reporter recently asked him if he was armed, his answer was "That is why it is called concealed."
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Perry is the governor of my state and I've heard more about him in the news in the last 3 or 4 days than I have the whole time he's been governor of TX. I did think it was interesting how some of the national news outlets have mentioned that he carries a gun. One news site said he carries a Ruger LCP with a laser sight and that recently he shot a coyote when he was out taking his dog for a walk. When a news reporter recently asked him if he was armed, his answer was "That is why it is called concealed."
    Imagine the money America could save...? A President that can protect Himself, His Familly, and Rin Tin Tin.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

He's in a job that is higher risk than most. I admire him for being willing to protect himself and his family. Wonder if he governs that way? That would be a refreshing change.
    swiftyjuan and CountryGal like this.
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

I've heard he carries a "laser fired pistol" if you ask me replacing the trigger with a laser sounds like over engineering it. I seem to remember reading the story about the Gov and the 4 legged encounter on here a few months ago. Of course he's going to have to surrender that right to carry to campaign across the nation. I'm not sure on his policies, but I try not to get too worried about the prospective field until we're within a year of the election.

Glock Certified Armorer

his answer was spot on, concealed means concealed, asking someone if he is carrying a gun is like asking him if he is wearing his boxers
    CountryGal likes this.

IMO Perry is a great candidate for President. He has his stuff, but overall I like his views on guns, abortion, military, etc...

We shall see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    IMO Perry is a great candidate for President. He has his stuff, but overall I like his views on guns, abortion, military, etc...

We shall see what happens.
    I am a Ron Paul guy, but Rick Perry is not to far behind. I figure either way, I'll be happy with the guy from Texas getting the nod.
    kaboomkaboom, Ianator and oneshot like this.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Good hes an American isn't he?

But why does his special disposition by working for Texas State Government mean he is special and can be allowed to carry with out question however a regular old joe gets shunned upon?

What ever......
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I would vote for Perry if for nothing else than to see him boot the Present POTUS and all his self appointed CZARS out of the administration along with his wife and her money guzzling entourage
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If all they could put up against the current POTUS in the next election was a three legged dog with one eye and the mange named "Lucky", the dog would get my vote (and I'm talking about Lucky).
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    But why does his special disposition by working for Texas State Government mean he is special and can be allowed to carry with out question however a regular old joe gets shunned upon?
    Gov Perry? I'd say he has a Texas concealed carry permit, or some similar authorization from the Texas Highway Patrol.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

When you are the Gov., it is you who does the authorizing, not the other way around.
    When on the campaign trail as a candidate for a Federal office, ie.. POTUS, he is also under Federal jurisdiction, and will not have an issue to carry where and when he pleases, except for when around the sitting POTUS, his dwelling or his family.
    If he is elected by his party as the sole candidate, he will at that time be assigned Secret Service protection.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Good hes an American isn't he?

What ever......
    I suppose that you are unaware that TX is a shall issue state. What that means is that governor perry like ANY qualified (clean background) average citizen in TX can apply get a permit to carry a concealed weapon and as long as they clear the background check and have completed the training course the state of TX will issue a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

I don't have a clue as to what your agenda is but if you are going to attack the man TRY TO GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I don't know where he stands on every issue, but Perry is staunchly pro-gun. I wouldn't have a problem with him replacing that totally incompetent, morally bankrupt, fiscally inept, half wit currently occupying the White House.
    msgt/ret, bigmacque and TN_Mike like this.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I suppose that you are unaware that TX is a shall issue state. What that means is that governor perry like ANY qualified (clean background) average citizen in TX can apply get a permit to carry a concealed weapon and as long as they clear the background check and have completed the training course the state of TX will issue a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

I don't have a clue as to what your agenda is but if you are going to attack the man TRY TO GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT
    LOL @ you.

Read my post. 1st I am aware it is shall issue. 2nd Let me paraphrase because people do not read twice and then post on the internet. They just read half of it and then make a fool out of them selves.

I said Why is it that the (Ill add this) Media thinks oh its okay for the Gov to own a concealed weapon, but when its a regular little ole' citizen the "Media" makes a big shabang out of it and thinks we are all terrorist or rednecks with guns?

There is that better. DO NOT EVER TELL ME TO GET MY FACTS STRAIGHT AGAIN - I dont like to be corrected with capitalized letters. Its disrespectful on our forum here boy.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links