PRMA: Lowell City Council Gun Control To Be Proposed Statewide

PRMA: Lowell City Council Gun Control To Be Proposed Statewide

This is a discussion on PRMA: Lowell City Council Gun Control To Be Proposed Statewide within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let's shoot this down! Call YOUR Rep on Beacon Hill Today and tell them what you think. Lowell's gun bill faces strong opposition - Lowell ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By sdprof

Thread: PRMA: Lowell City Council Gun Control To Be Proposed Statewide

Exclamation PRMA: Lowell City Council Gun Control To Be Proposed Statewide

Let's shoot this down! Call YOUR Rep on Beacon Hill Today and tell them what you think.

Lowell's gun bill faces strong opposition - Lowell Sun Online

What a crock!

Anyone else find it ironic that one of the idiots proposing this crap last name is Murphy?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    "The safety of the people is what my concern is," Caulfield said.
    Yet again a law that has absolutely nothing to do with safety just another means to control the commoners.
    joker1 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    No real facts as to whether large-scale gun thefts like the one mentioned were allowed by poor security on the gun owner's part. This attempt at law-making sounds like a Chicken Little moment.

I liked the commen sense quote by one of the commenters for this story:

(Cliff) Krieger said gun owners already closely guard their weapons, so lawmakers should not pursue more "nanny-state" legislation. "A person with 20 guns would, by and large, be paying attention to the security of them because it represents a significant investment of money," Krieger said.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Well, seeing as the potion of Obamacare that was ruled unconstitutional was requiring people to buy something, or else, it's only a matter of someone hiring a lawyer and tearing the current law apart.

The precedent has already been set, and now needs to be applied to an existing infringement on other people.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Some of the comments posted there just make me sick. The rest are very Pro American and 2a. But 2 or 3 just made me cringe to think that we have such uneducated anti-American Americans. Its a shame how much oversupply of wool our country has surplussed in the last 150 years.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

So how about a law that everyone with over, say, $5000 in jewelry must register with the police, install a safe with alarm.....

Really, how many guns get stolen from homes versus jewelry and such? Put the effort where the actual crimestopping effect will be.
    varob and surfcc like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Sponsored Links