"Legally Carrying a Weapon is a Crime" - Page 4

"Legally Carrying a Weapon is a Crime"

This is a discussion on "Legally Carrying a Weapon is a Crime" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by geohans Is Conn. a 'shall issue' state for concealed carry? By law, CT is a "may" issue state....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: "Legally Carrying a Weapon is a Crime"

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geohans View Post
    Is Conn. a 'shall issue' state for concealed carry?
    By law, CT is a "may" issue state.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    By law, CT is a "may" issue state.
    And in practice, it is shall issue.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    And in practice, it is shall issue.
    I read that, but since I don't have first hand evidence I didn't feel I could legitimately post that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by rgbiker View Post
    So, why is there a problem with OC/CC a handgun in public in Connecticut, when Arizona gives it's citizens the same right to bear arms in public, which we do without any police or political interference.
    Yep, never seen or heard of anyone ever being questioned or harassed for OC in our great state.

Did I miss something? The article I read was by someone who does NOT like guns "personally" but respects the Constitution and Law of The Land and is opposed to those anti gun fanatics who would override the law to enforce their personal anti gun agenda. Despite being anti gun he is on our side.
    That is all I will ever ask that my rights under the Constitution be protected and upheld. That is what the author is saying. He does not like guns but supports our right under the Constitution to carry them. Good for him.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

You want guidance?

Don't open carry and be discrete.
    Great suggestion. I know people of color both native and black whose parents gave their children similar "guidance" they would bath them in bleach so that they could "pass" and would encourage their lighter skinned children to deny any relationship with their darker siblings if need be to pass as white. Me I never tried to pass. I feel no need to sneak around so that others will feel comfortable about my being there. Other peoples irrational fears and stupidity are not my responsibility.

IMO we are in the mess because folks submitted to the irrational fears of others and tried to be discrete. Before that the sight of a gun was common place and did not inspire mass panic. Once open carry becomes common place the irrational fear will stop.
    Lotus222 likes this.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

It used to be pretty common (open carry) when I was young. No one really thought about it much unless someone was walking in with a "new" gun purchase on their hip. The 1968 law did a lot of damage.

To me, it's absurd to really worry about anyone open carrying. If someone had pulled a gun in a bad way (threaten , rob, etc) 10 others would have pulled theirs and shot them. Then they would have went back to drinking their coffee before they were so rudely interupted, and wait for the local Sheriff to show up and get a report.

If this sounds strange, it's because you grew up in a different place and time than I did.

It's YOUR generation, not mine, that has the BIG issue.... because they think everyone else should care what their opinion is, as they wouldn't want little Johnny to be upset about anything. They need to outlaw all hammers too, so little Johnny doesn't accidentally hit his thumb with it and sue the hammer manufacturer and the hardware store that sold it.

Geeez, my parents generation would have told you quit whining, put some ice on it, take an aspirin and get back out there and finish getting that shed built before bedtime. But then, they went thru things like the stock market crash, the real depression, WWII, the Korean War and a host of other things.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Great suggestion. I know people of color both native and black whose parents gave their children similar "guidance" they would bath them in bleach so that they could "pass" and would encourage their lighter skinned children to deny any relationship with their darker siblings if need be to pass as white. Me I never tried to pass. I feel no need to sneak around so that others will feel comfortable about my being there. Other peoples irrational fears and stupidity are not my responsibility.

IMO we are in the mess because folks submitted to the irrational fears of others and tried to be discrete. Before that the sight of a gun was common place and did not inspire mass panic. Once open carry becomes common place the irrational fear will stop.
    You are living in a dream world.

You come to Connecticut and be the test case. Let me know when you want to come and get arrested for Breach of Peace, Creating a Public Disturbance & Threatening, and face the criminal charges. I suggest doing it in New Haven, Hartford or Waterbury.

(I like those locations because they have a lot of Kosher places for me to get lunch after court. New Haven is preferred due to location, parking and the fact I've gotten good dispositions for people in New Haven on firearm related issues...but the others are fine due to access to pizza & delis...)

Free legal work if you do it*...but it's you who's gonna face the time if things don't work out.

People in CT got to live with what they have to deal with, and if you think that's cowardly, well, step up and take one for the team.

I don't deal in what should be, I deal with what is, and I'll be dammed if I tell someone to risk their freedom for someone else's idea of what should be.

You wanna be a warrior for freedom - lead by example.

(* If you do it in the Danbury, New London, Windham or Tolland Judicial Districts, you are on your own. I don't do the hinterlands...shudder...)
    Hopyard likes this.

I don't deal in what should be, I deal with what is, and I'll be dammed if I tell someone to risk their freedom for someone else's idea of what should be.

You wanna be a warrior for freedom - lead by example.
    In my sig line : Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

And, if had not been for HELLER, who didn't think it was right ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    In my sig line : Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

And, if had not been for HELLER, who didn't think it was right ?
    Heller's case wasn't a criminal appeal, it was an action appealing an administrative ruling.

The consequences to Heller if he lost were not incarceration or a criminal record.

Quote Originally Posted by rgbiker View Post
    Connecticut Constitution: SEC. 15. Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

So, why is there a problem with OC/CC a handgun in public in Connecticut, when Arizona gives it's citizens the same right to bear arms in public, which we do without any police or political interference.

Arizona Constitution: Article 2, Section 26: "The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the State shall not be impaired...
    I agreed, from reading the responses concerning CT OC law. It seems that no one wants to educate the CT Citizens on the State's OC law. What would happen if the CT person that called the Police to report the legal OC citizen was charged for making a false Report and Disturbing the peace with the false report? CT citizens might then be awaken to the legal OC law and live with it or change the law later. It liken to all laws local, State or Federal, if you don't like it change the law or live with it. Why does the 2A, Open or conceal carry laws treated any differently? If Texas ever legalized OC and I witnessed a sheeple reporting the legal OC Texan, which was charged for Disturbing the Peace, etc for just legally displaying his/her weapon. I would actively pursue the LEO to also arrest the reporting citizen for disturbing the Peace. Example: If smoking in theaters were legal, a non-smoker felt it disturbed their movie experience do you really think the LEO could legally arrest the smoker? or like many times the LEO educates the offended party that isn't against current Laws for a person to smoke in the theater and thus end of story. The Media and a good lawyer would be all over this in Texas, I beleive. The CT Pro-Gun Representatives should be actively informing the general populace of the legal OC law in CT.
    tcon67 likes this.

I believe baren pretty much nails this one. If OC is a legal practice in CT. then the only ones to blame for the hassles and undue arrests are the Pro-gun/carry representatives who are unwilling to do anything but complain. Educate the people and apparently, the police officials, and yes a few LEADERS may have to be arrested and fight to get their voice heard. Thats the price of freedom,it's called SACRIFICE.
    LongRider likes this.

You are living in a dream world.
    No I live in a free state where folks don't wet their panties every time they see an open carry gun. I stand up in my state for our rights here. I have no wish to fight others peoples battles for them, especially not for those who won't stand up for themselves.
    tcon67 likes this.

How did we as a people get so brainwashed that we see a LEO with a gun and think nothing of it yet a civilian with a gun is automatically a criminal??? Its a sad testimony of our ability to think as an individual.
    LongRider and peckman28 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tcon67 View Post
    I believe baren pretty much nails this one. If OC is a legal practice in CT. then the only ones to blame for the hassles and undue arrests are the Pro-gun/carry representatives who are unwilling to do anything but complain. Educate the people and apparently, the police officials, and yes a few LEADERS may have to be arrested and fight to get their voice heard. Thats the price of freedom,it's called SACRIFICE.
    tcon67, I have my moments ... far and in between ... but my moments of clarity:) It is disgusting that are some that enforce the laws, believe themselves above the law.
    LongRider likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links