Ron Paul Awarded Key Group’s Coveted 2nd Amendment Award

This is a discussion on Ron Paul Awarded Key Group’s Coveted 2nd Amendment Award within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am a huge Fan of GOA(Gun Owners of America) and heres the story....Can be found here: Ron Paul Awarded Key Group LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ron Paul Awarded Key Group’s Coveted 2nd Amendment Award

Ron Paul Awarded Key Group’s Coveted 2nd Amendment Award

I am a huge Fan of GOA(Gun Owners of America) and heres the story....Can be found here: Ron Paul Awarded Key Group

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign announced today that one of the nation’s premier Second Amendment rights affirming organizations has awarded Dr. Paul their highest honor.

Gun Owners of America (GOA) national Executive Director Larry Pratt conferred the “Defender of the Second Amendment Award” upon the Texas congressman and presidential candidate at a campaign event that also featured the candidate’s son, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY). The award presentation took place in Iowa on Wednesday, August 10th at 7:00 p.m. at the Marriott Hotel in Downtown Des Moines.

“Many politicians claim to be pro-Second Amendment and pro-gun ownership, but more often than not their voting record says otherwise. In Ron Paul’s decades in government, he has been an unwavering champion of the Second Amendment by introducing legislation protecting gun owners’ rights – and their privacy,” said Larry Pratt, Executive Director of GOA.

“A lot of ‘gun-friendly’ members of Congress have bad Second Amendment votes. Ron Paul does not,” said Mr. Pratt.

Established in 1975, GOA is a highly effective Second Amendment organization that performs Constitutionally-observant gun ownership advocacy and public education on behalf of its 350,000 members.

On August 8th, the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign announced the national “Gun Owners for Ron Paul” coalition to energize voters who value their Second Amendment rights. As a first basic step, those wanting to join the “Gun Owners for Ron Paul” coalition should visit Ron Paul Gun Owners - Political Organization - Springfield, Virginia | Facebook.

Way to go!!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I love RP. I hope it is him and Perry that go head to head. I dont care about tea party candidates, republicans, democrats, etc... RP is not tainted like everyone else, He tells it how it is and is not afraid of washington or people for that matter.

I hope he is not taken as a joke this time. People just do not listen to what he is saying and what he sais' he means it with all his heart.
    Jpeetz likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I like Ron. Unfortunately in this country, the Presidential election is a popularity contest voted on by a large base of uninformed uneducated voters. That is why we have the current waste of oxygen in office. That is also why the other two wastes of oxygen he ran against were his challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I like Ron. Unfortunately in this country, the Presidential election is a popularity contest voted on by a large base of uninformed uneducated voters. That is why we have the current waste of oxygen in office. That is also why the other two wastes of oxygen he ran against were his challengers.
    I agree, but hoping that with alot of members in the GOA and NRA and 2nd Admendment Foundation, that we can give Perry a run for him money...

Its odd that Alex Jones said Perry was going to announce and would be the one who goes against Obama (3 months before perry even announced)...I think Alex may be right. but I will fight for RP until election day:)

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    I love RP. I hope it is him and Perry that go head to head. I dont care about tea party candidates, republicans, democrats, etc... RP is not tainted like everyone else, He tells it how it is and is not afraid of washington or people for that matter.

I hope he is not taken as a joke this time. People just do not listen to what he is saying and what he sais' he means it with all his heart.
    I honestly dont think he is...Even without all the Media Coverage, he is polling second:) ahead of Romney and Bachmann, only a little behind Perry...And honestly the reason Perry is polling higher is because he is drawng Palins crowd right now:)

I really don't care if Mickey Mouse wins the GOP primary, whoever ruins against Mugabe gets my vote and I am not I repeat NOT wasting a third party vote to end up Ross Peroting Mugabe back into office for another term.
    Tzadik and Geezer like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    I hope he is not taken as a joke this time.
    I agree, but don't get your hopes up. I'm not a Jon Stewart fan, but he sure makes a good point here.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...xrs=share_copy

I really don't care if Mickey Mouse wins the GOP primary, whoever ruins against Mugabe gets my vote and I am not I repeat NOT wasting a third party vote to end up Ross Peroting Mugabe back into office for another term.
    Thats your choice:) personally I think voting for Perry, would be just as Bad as voting for Obama:) but thats just me... I may vote for Palin over Obama, and for sure Ron Paul over Obama. But if it is Perry vs Obama, I probably just wont vote..Or I will still vote Ron Paul:)

Quote Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
    Thats your choice:) personally I think voting for Perry, would be just as Bad as voting for Obama:) but thats just me... I may vote for Palin over Obama, and for sure Ron Paul over Obama. But if it is Perry vs Obama, I probably just wont vote..Or I will still vote Ron Paul:)
    Rick Perry = firearm owner
    Barack Obama = Firearm HATER

Obama thanks you for the vote, or lack thereof
    tkruf likes this.

Rick Perry = firearm owner
    Barack Obama = Firearm HATER

Obama thanks you for the vote, or lack thereof
    Perry firearm owner? well that doesnt mean anything... Maybe he is like many others and thinks he can own one, but not you?

Sry but I dont trust Perry..and that is MY OPINION! you can have yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
    Perry firearm owner? well that doesnt mean anything... Maybe he is like many others and thinks he can own one, but not you?

Sry but I dont trust Perry..and that is MY OPINION! you can have yours...
    Educate yourself.... and dont give a vote to Mugabe regardless of the candiate

https://www.americansforrickperry.co...-2nd-amendment

Rick Perry Endorsed by Texas State Rifle Association » UrbanGrounds

Governor Perry strongly supports the second amendment. He has repeatedly supported legislation to ensure the protection of the second amendment and has stated that the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right of every law-abiding citizen of our country. Some of the legislation that Governor Perry has signed into law includes:

SB 766 - prohibits lawsuits against gun ranges, gun manufacturers, and distributors for anything carried out in lawful operation
    House Bill 225 - extends the renewal period for a concealed handgun license from four to five years without an increase in renewal fee.
    House Bill 322 - reduces all fees for a concealed handgun license for military members and veterans by 50 percent and lowers the age from 21 to 18 for members of the military or veterans to obtain a concealed handgun license.
    House Bill 685 - exempts military members and veterans from taking the range portion of the concealed handgun licensing process if they had been weapons certified in the military within the past five years prior to application for the license.
    House Bill 1483 - expands methods by which applicants for a concealed handgun license may pay the fees to include personal check, cash, and credit card. Currently only cashiers checks and money orders are accepted.
    House Bill 823 - clarifies the current definition of “traveling” as it relates to someone carrying a firearm. Current law is ambiguous and is interpreted differently by courts and law enforcement.
    House Bill 1038 - reduces the fee for renewal of a canceled handgun permit for senior citizen by 50 percent. The current renewal fee for a senior citizen is $70 for a four-year renewal period and this bill will reduce that fee to $35 for those 60 years of age or older.
    SB 378 - Establishes the "Castle Doctrine" in Texas which states that occupants can use deadly force instead of fleeing when their home is attacked
    SB 321 - allows concealed handgun carriers to leave their firearm in a locked glove box while working

While in office, Governor Perry has also signed reciprocity agreements with Georgia and Montana allowing concealed handgun carriers in those states to carry a weapon in Texas. This brought the total number of agreements to 14.

Governor Perry has also supported the Supreme Court Ruling that overturned the DC gun ban, and opposed a 2011 rule change to require that multiple sales of rifles be recorded in Texas.

Ok now find me sources that are not Biased please......one site is Perry supporters, the other is from his own state.....

How about one that isnt biased:)

“No other political figure has been more true to the Second Amendment than Rick Perry,” said NRA board member Ted Nugent. “His proven leadership is critical to steering America back on course to uphold the freedoms guaranteed under our Constitution.” -I guress Ted Nugent himself needs to educate himself., because his statement here is not true

I find it funny that you are arguing the fact if perry gets selected in primary and runs against obama you will vote for a third party. Obama thanks you for the vote and be careful what you wish for. Do what you will, if enough have your mindset America will get 4 more years of obama and I will laugh as people complain again.

And yet We need full congress for Perry to fix anything in 4 years...

Honestly though if obama is such a gun hater, he sure hasn't done a lot to hurt us.... matter of fact wisconsin now has carry, the only state left is Obamas home state.....obamacare hasn't been in yet..obama can't do a lot without having a fulll democratic congress

I will vote RP, and have a clear consiouse:)

That's why I will vote for who I feel is best, not the lesser of two evils....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I will pencil in Ron Paul before I take any of the rest, I feel that strongly about the direction he wants to take the country. The democrats absolutly despise him, the Republicans hate him, the libertarians just barely accept him, and the media is scared of him. He has the most conservitave agenda of all the candidates. So he is alrite in my book! He takes a lot of atacks because the establishment is afraid. Currently they are accusing him of bieng a political outsider??? Thats exactly what I want!!! They are trying to currently make him out to be a nutty, Kooky, racist, and dangerious on forign policy. His views on overseas terrist threaghts are what scare many Americans. Frankly, I believe his "controversial" solutions to terorists were taken directly from the 911 comision report. That report was put together at great expense to ensure things like 911 would never happen again. Unfortunatly I think that only Ron Paul and me have read this valuable report. And as for the Nutty, Kooky, Racist, I ask that you visit and read this unbiased article, http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-right/250638/ ,and decide for yourself. I am not trying to change any minds here just giving my point of view. I feel that voteing for the guy that isnt quit as bad as the other guy has gotten real old and put this Govt in a horrid stagnation and a terrible financial situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links