There is no Reciprocity

This is a discussion on There is no Reciprocity within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I" think the past 20-30 years sums up what happens when the Fed gets involved with, well, anything. Especially anything allowing the citizenry the power ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: There is no Reciprocity

I" think the past 20-30 years sums up what happens when the Fed gets involved with, well, anything. Especially anything allowing the citizenry the power and leverage provided by private firearms ownership and the "Right" to carry them in public settings.

Oh my! Are you implying the Fed's have not been involved in gun control since 1934? This proposal is nothing more than forcing states to partially follow the Constitution and that is an improvement.

Because it "will" take a law, passed by the Fed, to overcome the "hysteria" of going armed in all states by right of one states license for the reasons I stated in my previous post.

I am having difficulty understanding what you're trying to say. It sounds like you are calling people who wish to carry as they travel around the country, hysterical. Is that really what you are trying to say?

IMO, once they (Fed's) start down that legislative road

You're nearly 80 years late with that whine. All we're looking at is an improvement over the unconstitutional situation we are presently in.

They bend what they want when they want by any means possible if it suits the situational irrationality of the current administration.

Really? And reducing unconstitutional laws from the states and Feds is going to make it worse in your mind?
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That red font is hurting my eyes.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    That red font is hurting my eyes.
    The red font is just to present the quote that I am responding to. Maybe I'll look for a different color, though no doubt someone would whine about that too.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybejim View Post
    How do you figure the Fed's are affecting your precious State restriction of the Right to keep and bear arms (or lack thereof) by making your state recognize another state's CCW?

I presently have Kalifornia, Oregon, Utah, and Idaho carry permits and am going to add Arizona. The need for that is absolutely insane. If We have to do that for a Carry Permit why don't we have to do that for a Driver's License? Are you afraid the Fed's are going to infringe on your state because the Full credit and faith clause of the Constitution requires your state to recognize all other states? We shouldn't need any law from the Fed's but we do.

The Anti-gun nuts absolutely love the gun owners fighting mandatory recognition of all states carry permits. Opposing this reciprocity is supporting the Brady Bunch.
    I think I covered this in the post you quoted. I only have a Utah permit... it's all I need. And opposing national reciprocity is looking out for my states best interest. I do understand why you want to drag the rest of us down with you... Cali will mess with your head, misery loves company. Again, no thank you.
    jem102 likes this.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Opposing this reciprocity is supporting the Brady Bunch.
    No, it's more like keeping the matter out of the hands of the likes of Pelosi and Rangel. I'd much rather see what Alan Gura can do than see how those two will corrupt any carry bill that passes their way.

I have an Arizona CCW permit, good in about 30 other states and Arizona gladly accepts ALL out of state CCW permits.

California could do the same with just the stroke of a pen, but the Sacramento Weenies REFUSE to even grant their own SUBJECTS in a dozen counties the opportunity to apply for a CC permit, or to open carry state wide a loaded handgun. Several east coast states treat their SUBJECTS the same.

Would I want anti gun politicians like Boxer, Feinstein and Schumer messing with my right to carry a firearm? Hell no!
    jem102 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    I think I covered this in the post you quoted. I only have a Utah permit... it's all I need. And opposing national reciprocity is looking out for my states best interest. I do understand why you want to drag the rest of us down with you... Cali will mess with your head, misery loves company. Again, no thank you.
    Very perceptive/interesting comment.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]COLOR="#000000"][/COLOR]
    I" think the past 20-30 years sums up what happens when the Fed gets involved with, well, anything. Especially anything allowing the citizenry the power and leverage provided by private firearms ownership and the "Right" to carry them in public settings.

Oh my! Are you implying the Fed's have not been involved in gun control since 1934? This proposal is nothing more than forcing states to partially follow the Constitution and that is an improvement.

Absolutely correct and I don't want them "in" any deeper. Keep it current, that's where we are, can't go back.

Because it "will" take a law, passed by the Fed, to overcome the "hysteria" of going armed in all states by right of one states license for the reasons I stated in my previous post.

I am having difficulty understanding what you're trying to say. It sounds like you are calling people who wish to carry as they travel around the country, hysterical. Is that really what you are trying to say?

It ought to be obvious I'm talking about a licensee carrying in a state that does not offer it's subjects that privilege and the "subjects" reaction. Go to Jersey City and "accidentally" expose your weapon in a department store and let me know how it goes. All the sudden your a shallow thinker?

IMO, once they (Fed's) start down that legislative road

You're nearly 80 years late with that whine. All we're looking at is an improvement over the unconstitutional situation we are presently in.

And the Fed being involved is going to make this work with no other infringement?!? About as well as Prohibition did. Again keep it current.

They bend what they want when they want by any means possible if it suits the situational irrationality of the current administration.

Really? And reducing unconstitutional laws from the states and Feds is going to make it worse in your mind?
    By using the Fed's as the lever...without question...YES! By the time they are finished and the bill is passed there will be riders/provisions to the extent it will take a lawyer two days to read it, be powerless and raise the debt celling. All positives to them all negatives to me!
    Last edited by jem102; September 7th, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rgbiker View Post
    I have an Arizona CCW permit, good in about 30 other states and Arizona gladly accepts ALL out of state CCW permits.

California could do the same with just the stroke of a pen, but the Sacramento Weenies REFUSE to even grant their own SUBJECTS in a dozen counties the opportunity to apply for a CC permit, or to open carry state wide a loaded handgun. Several east coast states treat their SUBJECTS the same.

Would I want anti gun politicians like Boxer, Feinstein and Schumer messing with my right to carry a firearm? Hell no!
    You wouldn't get that from the proposed legislation. No more so than you got that from LEOSA. No more so than you get that from any of a bazillion Federal laws which bind us, and make us "one nation indivisible."
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    [COLOR="#000000"][/COLOR]By using the Fed's as the lever...without question...YES! By the time they are finished and the bill is passed there will be riders/provisions to the extent it will take a lawyer two days to read it, be powerless and raise the debt celling. All positives to them all negatives to me![/SIZE]
    Please get some new eyeglasses.
    Andrew Jackson

JD
    Administrator
    The red font is just to present the quote that I am responding to. Maybe I'll look for a different color, though no doubt someone would whine about that too.
    You could always try the quote / multi-quote features that the forum provides.

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    You could always try the quote / multi-quote features that the forum provides.

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.
    Take a look at this thread, Forum Usage: Tips and Tricks ,it will help, I need to update some of the icons since the software upgrade(s), but you'll get a general idea of how to make your posts more easy to read. As they are now it looks like you're talking to yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Please get some new eyeglasses.
    Your right, I bumped the size while I was working on the post and forgot to take it back down before submitting.

Fixed.
    Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tclance View Post
    Live here in GA. Almost every state around me honers my CCW permit except SC!! Really sucks as Im only several miles away from
    the Savannah River into SC. They reciprocate with fishing licences (if you put boat in on GA side). Dose anyone know if there is a reason why they dont with CCW?
    Our state law requires a training requirement for reciprocity. And our lawmakers are to chicken to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Our state law requires a training requirement for reciprocity. And our lawmakers are to chicken to fix it.
    SC also does not honor your permit if it is not from your homestate

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links