HR 822 Committee Discussion

This is a discussion on HR 822 Committee Discussion within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://judiciary.edgeboss.net/wmedia...me09132011.wvx If you want to watch the discussion, attached is the link...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Eagleks

Thread: HR 822 Committee Discussion

HR 822 Committee Discussion

http://judiciary.edgeboss.net/wmedia...me09132011.wvx

If you want to watch the discussion, attached is the link

2. Remove Ads

I hope it dies in committee. Don't want the Fed's involved. They are too well know for expanding, amending , modifying things in the future that the original bill was never intended to do. I think it's better with the states. If I was anti-gun, I would be all for this bill, and figuring out how it could be used to place numerous restrictions into it in the future. At least at the state level we are closer to the process and can have more influence on bills and the direction they take. I can see anti's just loving to get this into the Fedl level.
    jem102 and JDE101 like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I hope it dies in committee. Don't want the Fed's involved. They are too well know for expanding, amending , modifying things in the future that the original bill was never intended to do. I think it's better with the states. If I was anti-gun, I would be all for this bill, and figuring out how it could be used to place numerous restrictions into it in the future. At least at the state level we are closer to the process and can have more influence on bills and the direction they take. I can see anti's just loving to get this into the Fedl level.
    I agree 100%!
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Interesting discussion.

Mr Conyers is an absolute .... OK, I won't say anything more about his inane description of the bill or his digression into numbers of African American youths killed/injured by guns (not related to CCW permit holders).
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    Conyers seemed to be less than fully lucid. I wonder if he is having dementia issues.

The Philly PD Chief was throwing around a lot of opinion. When he tossed out "facts", he failed to fully disclose them. I thought the FL congresswoman called him out pretty well.

The two professors had clearly done their homework and had facts to support thier position.

Regardless of whether you like this bill or not, the process was interesting to watch.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Links