GOA asks you to email your Congressman

This is a discussion on GOA asks you to email your Congressman within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; GOA is asking us to email a pre-written letter to our Congressmen to defund anti-gun projects... Gun Owners of America The Second Amendment is Coming ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sig 210
  • 2 Post By BubbaDX
  • 1 Post By Stubborn

Thread: GOA asks you to email your Congressman

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar

GOA is asking us to email a pre-written letter to our Congressmen to defund anti-gun projects...

Gun Owners of America

The Second Amendment
    is Coming Under Fire!

Vote could occur as early as Wednesday

Earlier this month, we alerted you to the fact that Congress will have an opportunity to defund some of the anti-gun programs that the Obama Administration has foisted upon the American people.

Well, we are sorry to report that the congressional leadership is not yet listening to you. The House will soon be taking up H.J.Res. 79, which bundles all 12 appropriation bills to fund the federal government for the next month and a half.

According to GOA’s sources on Capitol Hill, this bill contains:

NO DEFUNDING of ObamaCare;
    NO DEFUNDING of Operation Fast & Furious which was used to demonize American gun owners, while helping send arms to Mexican drug cartels;
    NO DEFUNDING of requirements that will register American gun owners in the Southwest -- regulations that were instituted by the Obama Administration as a way of deflecting attention from their involvement in Fast & Furious;
    NO DEFUNDING of the shotgun and rifle import bans; and,
    NO DEFUNDING of the Administration’s ability to engage in negotiations on an anti-gun small arms treaty.

ACTION: We need to redouble our efforts. Please use the pre-written letter to contact your congressman, and urge your friends and family to do the same. Time is of the essence!

Tell your Representative to stake out a position early and publicly that they will oppose any continuing resolution which does not defund ObamaCare, Fast & Furious, the illegal long gun multiple sales regs, the illegal shotgun and rifle bans, and the UN negotiations to produce a treaty which will register American gun owners.

Click here to send a pre-written letter

take-action

Please do not reply directly to this message, as your reply will bounce back as undeliverable.
    Please foward this e-mail to friends and family
    Last edited by Stubborn; September 21st, 2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: add link
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What does ObamaCare have to do with guns?
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    It will cost you so much, you wont be able to afford a new gun?
    CountryGal and msgt/ret like this.

As for guns, they're probably referring to the part of Obamacare that required businesses to track ANY transaction over $600.00 and to send a form to the I.R.S. I THINK, however, that this requirement MAY have been eliminated already. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. As for Obamacare, there are at least TWENTY hidden taxes that they have failed to tell anyone about! From an article I've read: There are already at least 20 hidden taxes in the Obama Health care plan coming down upon us the next few years. So, along with rationed care for seniors and forced health insurance, we now find there is a Real Estate Tax snuck into the Health care plan. You may ask, what in God’s green earth does health care have to do with Real Estate taxes??? Absolutely nothing, that is precisely why one got snuck in there. Use the link to read the rest of the article. You'll be surprised!

20 Hidden Taxes In Obamacare | FIRETOWN!

I need to start off by saying, I have not read the 1900 pages of the "Obamacare" bill, so I fall into the same catagory as the vast majority of our Representatives and Senators who passed it without reading it.
    I "understand" there is wording in the bill regarding drastically increased premiums, and even possibilities of exclusions in coverage for those who engage or participate in "dangerous" activities and/or behaviors". There has been much speculation that firearm owners, dealers, shooters and collectors could/would be included as participants in these "dangerous activities" and thereby be refused coverage, or covered at a premium so high it would be cost prohibitive.

I do not know this to be fact.

In regard to the letter to your Congressman, I guess it all boils down to one question, where do you place YOUR TRUST for the preservation of your gun rights? With the GOA, NRA and JPFO, or with the current Administration, Congress and Senate?
    I know who I believe to be looking out for my intrests, thats why I sent the email.

Do you leave funding in place for 11 anti-gun projects just so 1 project that MAY or MAY NOT not be anti-gun, keeps it's funding ?
    tcon67 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To any of you interested, below is the reply from my Congressman to the email I sent:
    I really like this guy, he is in his first term.
    I did remove my name and address.

DENNIS A. ROSS
    12th District, Florida

Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
    Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce-
    CHAIRMAN
    Subcommittee on TARP and Financial Services

Committee on the Judiciary
    Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement
    Subcommittee on Courts, Commercial and Adminstrative Law

Committee on Education and Workforce
    Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
    Subcommittee on health, employment, labor and pensions

WASHINGTON, DC
    404 Cannon House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515
    PHONE: (202) 225-1252
    FAX: (202) 225-0585

LAKELAND
    170 Fitzgerald Road. Suite 1
    Lakeland, fl 33813
    Phone: (863) 644-8215
    Fax: (863) 648-0748

Congressman Dennis Ross

September 27, 2011

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding continuing resolutions (CRs) for budget funding. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and ideas on this important issue.

During this time of record deficits, the government must make tough budget decisions. For this reason, I have voted against almost all of the CRs because I believe they did not cut enough from our bloated bureaucracy. Additionally, I voted against raising the federal debt limit. I believe the only way we will truly live within our means is to stop borrowing and start paying off debt.

We must have a balanced budget amendment, with a GDP percentage cap to prevent tax increases and ensure Congress does not spend beyond our nation's means. I am also a co-sponsor of the Fair Tax and the Flat tax. It is time to abolish the IRS, end corporate welfare and repatriate business dollars driven offshore. In addition, I voted against the creation of the Congressional budget Super Committee. Rather than the Super Committee, I support Senator Coburn's plan to cut $9 trillion over the next ten years. Senator Coburn's plan will not balance the budget on the backs of our Veterans or risk the lives and readiness of our military by reducing its ability to defend our nation. Waste can be reduced by doing away with the Federal Departments of Education, Labor, and Energy. These agencies have not fulfilled their missions or achieved meaningful results.

As we continue to evaluate the federal government's financial situation, I will certainly keep your concerns in mind. Again, thank you for sharing your views and please do not hesitate to contact me again should you have any further comments or questions.

Sincerely,

Dennis A. Ross
    Member of Congress

DR/TD
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I need to start off by saying, I have not read the 1900 pages of the "Obamacare" bill, so I fall into the same catagory as the vast majority of our Representatives and Senators who passed it without reading it.
    I "understand" there is wording in the bill regarding drastically increased premiums, and even possibilities of exclusions in coverage for those who engage or participate in "dangerous" activities and/or behaviors". There has been much speculation that firearm owners, dealers, shooters and collectors could/would be included as participants in these "dangerous activities" and thereby be refused coverage, or covered at a premium so high it would be cost prohibitive.

I do not know this to be fact.

In regard to the letter to your Congressman, I guess it all boils down to one question, where do you place YOUR TRUST for the preservation of your gun rights? With the GOA, NRA and JPFO, or with the current Administration, Congress and Senate?
    I know who I believe to be looking out for my intrests, thats why I sent the email.

Do you leave funding in place for 11 anti-gun projects just so 1 project that MAY or MAY NOT not be anti-gun, keeps it's funding ?
    I believe Obamacare does have this buried in it.

Sponsored Links