Right to carry on federal land

This is a discussion on Right to carry on federal land within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA-ILA :: Introduction of bill to provide consistent gun rules for federal lands A bill has been introduced into the Senate to make the right ...

Thread: Right to carry on federal land

Right to carry on federal land

NRA-ILA :: Introduction of bill to provide consistent gun rules for federal lands

A bill has been introduced into the Senate to make the right to carry on federal lands universal. We can now carry on National Parks Service, National Wildlife Refuge Service, but not on US Army, Corp of
    Engineers land. I like to fish and camp on COE land and lakes, but often opt out to other state or federal facilities because of this restriction.

We have one D and one R sponsoring this bill with some D&R co sponsors in the Senate. Write, fax, call, email your Senators to support this--I already have.

We still eat an elephant, one bite at a time. It seems that this is the way we gain more rights that are constitutionally ours to start with.

2. Remove Ads

As long as Obama is in office, unless we can get a 2/3 super majority in both houses to override the veto, you might as well wait for the next President. Which, if the indicators hold true, should be happening sooner rather than later. We just have to see who wins the Republican nomination to see what happens at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    As long as Obama is in office, unless we can get a 2/3 super majority in both houses to override the veto, you might as well wait for the next President. Which, if the indicators hold true, should be happening sooner rather than later. We just have to see who wins the Republican nomination to see what happens at this time.
    They've slipped the last couple into bills he really wanted, and he's signed them. Bet that chaps him good. Oddly enough, Obama has signed the National Parks carry and the Amtrack transportation bills. And I am aware of how much he hates CC. Guess he wanted the rest more.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    They've slipped the last couple into bills he really wanted, and he's signed them. Bet that chaps him good. Oddly enough, Obama has signed the National Parks carry and the Amtrack transportation bills. And I am aware of how much he hates CC. Guess he wanted the rest more.
    Hey chief, what's the Amtrack transportation bill?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Hey chief, what's the Amtrack transportation bill?
    Never mind, I found it on Google!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Never mind, I found it on Google!
    You're google fu must be strong, because I just made up the name. Did not feel like looking very hard myself.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links