Friday is a big day in Ohio, is everyone else ready?

This is a discussion on Friday is a big day in Ohio, is everyone else ready? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I quit drinking back in 1985, so the alcohol hasn't been an issue with me, but I do like to eat in restaurants that also ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Friday is a big day in Ohio, is everyone else ready?

I quit drinking back in 1985, so the alcohol hasn't been an issue with me, but I do like to eat in restaurants that also happen to serve alcohol. I've always had to disarm and lock my gun up in my truck. Am looking forward to being able to NOT have to do that any longer! I'll have to go out to lunch Friday to celebrate!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Sweet now I can carry in the car and drink beer at the same time in Ohio hahaha
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Sweet now I can carry in the car and drink beer at the same time in Ohio hahaha
    Ohio doesn't recognize Georgia permits, doesn't allow drinking in a vehicle, and frowns heavily upon carrying or handling firearms while consuming alcohol. Beyond that, yep, you should be good to go. Don't forget, Ohio is still a "must inform" state, so be sure to tell the officer you are carrying as soon as he walks up to your car.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    That bill has been stalled for quite a while. I would suggest writing to your state representatives and senator and tell them to get off their backside and pass this bill.
    Waiting till we get a little closer to the short session. Mostly though, I'm preaching to the choir with my reps. Hopefully it's the same on HB 111. Weapons on school grounds locked in a car was in HB 650 till they amended it out. GRRR. That's the main reason my wife hardly ever carries.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    I'm very, very happy about this. I've been holding my breath, since the bill passed.

Truthfully, this significantly cuts my risks. I no longer party any more - staying out late, in higher-risk areas - that's all in the past, my younger days . Going out to eat, be it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or anything in-between) is about the only "vice" we have left . This single act will significantly impact my overall risk profile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links