Friday is a big day in Ohio, is everyone else ready?

This is a discussion on Friday is a big day in Ohio, is everyone else ready? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For those of you who live/visit Ohio and haven't been paying attention, this summer the new law effecting car carry, and carry in restaurants that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Friday is a big day in Ohio, is everyone else ready?

For those of you who live/visit Ohio and haven't been paying attention, this summer the new law effecting car carry, and carry in restaurants that serve alcohol were passed. And Friday, the 30th, they go into effect.

So no longer will buckeyes have to disarm and lock their weapon in the car just because a place has a permit to sell alcohol for consumption.

So I am rather excited about that, as that has been the only time I ever really need to disarm, because if a store is posted, I just go to their competitors. But with restaurants and other people's wants and needs taken into consideration, that isn't always possible.

Just make sure if you are going to have a celebratory beer, you do it when you are not armed, or else you can get in some deep doo-doo.
    Last edited by buckeye .45; September 26th, 2011 at 09:10 PM.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I will be having breakfast at the Shovel Lounge Friday morning, something I haven't done since I became CH licensed. I haven't had a drink since the Clinton administration, so that will not be an issue.

VIP Member
    I am glad for ya'll. Hopefully South Carolina will eventually get a clue.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    lock their vehicle in the car ???

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    lock their vehicle in the car ???
    I'm so excited, I apparently can not type coherently, but yes, I like to lock my vehicle in my car, its a pretty neat trick. The original post has been edited to read as it should.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Uh oh....there will blood in the streets in Ohio. Shoot outs over parking disputes. Road rage gunfire on the Interstates. Children taking guns to school.

Ohio will experience the same gun violence that took place in Arizona and Wyoming when gun restrictions were relaxed................... oh wait.

Uh, never mind.
    baren likes this.

Finally a reason to wear my tie dyed titey dyteys
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    This will be nice when I'm traveling through OH. Congrats guys and girls.

This is great. I don't drink, but frequently end up in a bar or some other restaurant with family. Will be nice to go out to dinner and not have to lock my vehicle in my car... I usually put my gun in there too.

Cant wait to hear people around here complain about it. Wondering why anyone would ever need to, and how everyone will get drunk and shoot each other.

Bout time. I drink beer, either Root or Birch.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I'm pretty excited. I can't wait to go get lit up and start a gun fight or two. Yeehaw!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    I am ready and waiting. It will be intetesting to see which, if any, restaurants post as a result of the law. I know a few that already have.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Congrats! Here's hoping that NC gets a clue in the upcoming short session. We have a bill stalled in committee currently.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Congrats! Here's hoping that NC gets a clue in the upcoming short session. We have a bill stalled in committee currently.
    That bill has been stalled for quite a while. I would suggest writing to your state representatives and senator and tell them to get off their backside and pass this bill. While were at it, lets go for the right to at least have a weapon locked in your car while on school, or at least university property. For those of us who work at schools, this restriction both contributes nothing to the safety of the school area and only forces us to disarm for our commute to and from work. Of course, unless you letter contains a sufficiently large campaign donation, it will probably just get a circular filing.

Now that the House of Representatives has officially declared, "Mission Accomplished" (I received an email from my rep with that headline), perhaps they can focus on some stuff that the people actually elected them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'm pretty excited. I can't wait to go get lit up and start a gun fight or two. Yeehaw!
    Glad I'm meeting you tomorrow and not Friday.
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links