Gotta Love Accurate Reporting..

This is a discussion on Gotta Love Accurate Reporting.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Carrying guns in bars to be legal come Friday | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com As aggravating as this article is, at least we will be able ...

Thread: Gotta Love Accurate Reporting..

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Carrying guns in bars to be legal come Friday | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

As aggravating as this article is, at least we will be able to reasonably CC in Ohio in two days.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Good for Ohio! Damn a felony charge for carrying past a sign, ouch.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    "An undischarged concealed weapon never hurt anybody in history. And using a gun is not allowed under this bill," Seitz said. "All we're saying is they can have a piece of equipment on their body."
    Does this mean that you can carry a firearm, but cannot use it to defend yourself?? His (Sen. Bill Seitz) statement leaves me wondering...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -

Does this mean that you can carry a firearm, but cannot use it to defend yourself?? His (Sen. Bill Seitz) statement leaves me wondering...
    That's probably the case in most states. Use of a firearm is included in another law. Concealed carry laws only deal with carrying, not using.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Good for Ohio! Damn a felony charge for carrying past a sign, ouch.
    Yeah, gangbangers and their associates have always shown a concern with that felony charge....

/sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Now let me keep a loaded long gun in my truck dangit!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

The news always seems to look for somebody with an opposite opinion such as,I don't think it's a good idea due to the fact that even though they aren't drinking,other people are and things happen in bars,maybe the drunks that wanta act out will be less likely to
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Reading the comments just made me laugh! Some of those people just need to look a little west to Indiana.

We have been able to carry in places that serve/sell alcohol for years, you can even consume (though I would advise against it), and we have no problems just like other States that alow you to do also!

Some people just have no clue! But I bet there is a lot of uninformed people here that don't realize you can carry in such places either.

Ohio, keep up the good work!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Sponsored Links