DOJ Denies Guns to Medical Marijuana Patients, and the NRA is Silent

This is a discussion on DOJ Denies Guns to Medical Marijuana Patients, and the NRA is Silent within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico Marijuana is a depressant, same as alcohol, and can additionally be a hallucinogen. They don't allow guns in bars, or off-duty ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: DOJ Denies Guns to Medical Marijuana Patients, and the NRA is Silent

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Marijuana is a depressant, same as alcohol, and can additionally be a hallucinogen. They don't allow guns in bars, or off-duty LEO to carry if they're drinking. Why should it be any different for pot?
    They don't ban people who drink from owning or purchacing weapons.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Marijuana is a depressant, same as alcohol, and can additionally be a hallucinogen. They don't allow guns in bars, or off-duty LEO to carry if they're drinking. Why should it be any different for pot?
    Sure they do, depending on what "They" we're talking about.

Once the CC law goes into effect, I can legally go into any establishment that serves alcohol. I can't drink, but I can go into the bar. So there are no people outside of the owners of the places that serve alcohol telling me anything.

Although my morons of elected officials on the city council are trying to usurp property owners rights and mandating certain establishments "voluntarily" post no gun signs. A clear violation of the new CC law. Hopefully the lawyers tell them to remove their heads from their rears and they stop trying to do something stupid and illegal. Not that I care if bars are posted because I don't drink, but I prefer having the option of meeting my friends/co-workers in a bar while remaining armed in the future.

This seems like a touchy issue to me. I don't think pot should be ranked as high up as it is as far a controlled substances go. If i recall its up there with heroin. Seems a little excessive.

Regardless of what anyone feels it is still illegal. It is on the paperwork.

Personally I am torn on that whole medical marijuana thing anyhow. I am sure it has uses that I see no issue in taking advantage of. If its a legitimate issue. On the flip side I hate potheads. For some reason a number of people mistake me for one and its really annoying. Just don't smoke it around me and I could care less. Don't like the smell.

Treat it the same as alcohol and I think everything would be fine. Don't carry while high, etc should apply. For some reason a lot of people who smoke seem to think they are awesome drivers high. Just blazing on the way to t bell. That type of stuff would need to be addressed in my opinion.

I am half a sleep so I am not sure if any of this is really fluid, or if its just gumble up thoughts. How appropriate for this topic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links