Fl. Campus carry set to be heard in November

This is a discussion on Fl. Campus carry set to be heard in November within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Allow Guns In Cars On College Campuses? - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville I'm all for it but the arguement that "I just want ...

Thread: Fl. Campus carry set to be heard in November

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA

Fl. Campus carry set to be heard in November

Allow Guns In Cars On College Campuses? - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

I'm all for it but the arguement that "I just want to feel safe" dosn't sit too well with me for some reason. Anti's use that same arguement as well.

The comments at the end of the report are pretty pro campus carry though...........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

"In a Virginia Tech setting, to have students to be able to go and shoot the shooter is a dumb idea," Delaney said. "You just don't want a bunch of people shooting. There's a protocol in how you take down an active shooter that a trained police officer has to do."

"The university first informed students via e-mail at 9:26 a.m., more than two hours after the first shooting"

"Police took nearly six minutes to enter the barricaded building"

"killed 32 people and wounded 25 others"

Not only would I want not want to wait for a "trained officer" to arrive to follow the "propper protocol" and would not want to have to run to the trunk of my car. We should be able to defend ourselves anywhere at any time!
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Links