Illinois Congressman takes on the "anti's"

This is a discussion on Illinois Congressman takes on the "anti's" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recieved this email from GOA this morning... Gun Owners of America Illinois Congressman Battles Anti-gun Group  The U.S House gaveled back into session yesterday ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By Stubborn
  • 1 Post By searcher 45
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By JDE101

Thread: Illinois Congressman takes on the "anti's"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar

Recieved this email from GOA this morning...

Gun Owners of America

Illinois Congressman Battles Anti-gun Group

The U.S House gaveled back into session yesterday after a weeklong recess, and one Representative spent part of the break sending a message to anti-gunners in his home state.

Rep. Joe Walsh, a Republican representing a suburban Chicago district, took Illinois to task for being the only state in the country to completely ban concealed carry for its citizens.

“We are an embarrassment,” Rep. Walsh said, speaking to a gathering of local Tea Party activists. “We are the last state standing when it comes to concealed carry. There's no issue when it comes to freedom that matters like this, like the Second Amendment.

“The most important amendment in that Bill of Rights is the Second Amendment. It protects every other amendment. It is the last line of defense between us and our government.”

Not surprisingly, Walsh was attacked for his efforts to protect gun rights by the Brady Campaign. Dennis Henigan, acting president of the disarmament group, called on Walsh to offer an “explanation” of his comments.

Rep. Walsh replied in a letter to Henigan, in which he reiterated his willingness to fight for the Second Amendment rights of all Americans:

I am happy to today respond to Mr. Henigan’s request for clarity when I emphasized that the Second Amendment is the most important amendment in the Constitution – because it protects every other amendment. I hope I was clear in that and wanted to send this letter to help ensure that message is clear.

Illinois is now the only state in the entire nation that doesn’t allow lawful Americans to carry a firearm. Violent crimes continue to decrease even as more states such as Wisconsin – that recently passed a concealed carry permit [law] – repeal archaic laws crafted to restrict gun rights.

We need not forget that freedom was gained and will always be maintained by a strict interpretation of our Constitution and this certainly includes the Second Amendment.

Gun rights advocates are on the front lines in defending our freedoms. I stand with them in this noble mission and will always be an outspoken advocate for Second Amendment rights and particularly, a repeal of Illinois laws preventing the right-to-carry.

Gun Owners of America applauds Rep. Walsh for taking on the anti-gunners both in Illinois and on the national stage—we need more people like that in Washington.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I thought his statements were self-evident!
    shooterX and JDE101 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The "Brady Camapign" is full of idiots. They don't understand the Constitutuion, they don't understand the FBI crime statistics, and apparently now they don't understand "English".
    IMO They all need to be exiled to the UK where there are no guns, only violent crime.
    joker1 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good for Rep. Walsh, the whole nation needs more like him.
    joker1 likes this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Finally, an IL politician with a pair.
    joker1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    The "Brady Camapign" is full of idiots. They don't understand the Constitutuion,
    Oh They understand it alright. They just do not like it and wish to abolish it and set up a European style of "Government"
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Finally, an IL politician with a pair.
    Who's time is office will be very short lived.

Anyone taking bets on how long it will be before he is ousted on some sort of scandal [fabricated of course]?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

My wife hails from the Land of Lincoln and we both hate the Draconian firearms laws enacted by the Chicago political machine. Most folks in Illinois, especially the southern part are very firearm friendly, I know, I have met them. They too feel the pressure from the "Brady Bunch" idiots.

It will take a Herculean effort to overturn years of Chicago rule of the entire state, and I hope this guy is successful. Each time we go to visit her parents in Springfield, we have to disarm at the IL/IN border on I-64 and plainly, it just sucks.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I would love to book a whitetail hunt in west central or southern Illinois, but I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to spend even a dime in a state so anti-gun.
    Until they become more 2A friendly, I haven't lost a thing there, and wouldn't go look for it if I had.
    Just the way I am, I will not support what I'm against.
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The people of Illinois need to elect a lot more politicians like him! The main problem is the political "machine" in Chicago is crooked, firmly entrenched, and will be extremely difficult to overcome. It is really a shame that 99% of the state is held hostage by the crooked politicians in Chicago. It has been that way since before Al Capone!
    Stubborn likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

GM
    He sounds like a smart guy, but I do not think it will help too much.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsored Links