Tennessee gun crime rate is among highest

This is a discussion on Tennessee gun crime rate is among highest within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tennessee gun crime rate is among highest | The Tennessean | tennessean.com While gun control advocates see this story as more evidence that we need ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guantes

Thread: Tennessee gun crime rate is among highest

Tennessee gun crime rate is among highest

Tennessee gun crime rate is among highest | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

While gun control advocates see this story as more evidence that we need tougher gun control laws, I see it as just another example of why you should carry for self defense. If criminals obeyed laws, they wouldn't be criminals.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I didn't think it was called homicide when a good guy pops a bad guy who's committing a crime. Throw a bunch of numbers in a bucket, shake them up, and see how they shake out. Says anything you want it so say. Works all the time for the anti's.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I didn't think it was called homicide when a good guy pops a bad guy who's committing a crime. Throw a bunch of numbers in a bucket, shake them up, and see how they shake out. Says anything you want it so say. Works all the time for the anti's.
    I'm not an expert, but you don't have to spend a lot of time in this state to run into some people with serious untreated mental issues. A lot of this is brought on by drug abuse, both prescription and products of home chemistry. Also, if you take the city of Memphis out of the equation, gun crime drops substantially.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I'm not an expert, but you don't have to spend a lot of time in this state to run into some people with serious untreated mental issues. A lot of this is brought on by drug abuse, both prescription and products of home chemistry. Also, if you take the city of Memphis out of the equation, gun crime drops substantially.
    Well, since I don't have the data to debate you on the untreated mental illness issues of the people of Tennessee, guess I'll just have to take your word for it. However, if you pull a gun on someone in my neck of the woods you're gonna get smoked and the bean counters can ring it up how ever best suits their agenda. Peace.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

It's apt to get worse before it improves, we need to be ready in the event trouble seeks us out.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71
    I didn't think it was called homicide when a good guy pops a bad guy who's committing a crime.
    Homicide is the killing of one human being by another human being. The type of homicide might be murder, manslaughter, justifiable or excusable. The circumstances of the homicide determine if it is criminal or not.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

They mentioned Shelby county in the article. That's Memphis. My guess is a very high proportion is out of Memphis, it's bad.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    At the very bottom of the Tennessean article:

*Illinois and Florida data were incomplete and could not be analyzed
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Well, since I don't have the data to debate you on the untreated mental illness issues of the people of Tennessee, guess I'll just have to take your word for it. However, if you pull a gun on someone in my neck of the woods you're gonna get smoked and the bean counters can ring it up how ever best suits their agenda. Peace.
    I'm not saying that Tennessee is the only state with untreated mental illness problems or that the majority of people in the state are mentally ill. But if addiction is considered an illness, then the fact that Tennessee ranks near the top in both prescription drug abuse and meth lab seizures would lead me to believe that there are quite a few people with self induced mental problems. Pillheads committing armed robberies in pharmacies are almost a daily occurrence in my area of the state. Add domestic arguments settled with guns and gang bangers shooting each other and you probably have the bulk of the gun incidents.

It's very seldom that you hear of a gun incident involving a permit holder let alone an incident where the permit holder committed a criminal offense. That's just been my observation. But some people seem to think that the solution for complex problems is a tougher stance on gun ownership like the one that seems to be working so well in Washington, D.C.

Links