TN guns in bars bill sponsor charged with having gun while driving drunk - Page 2

TN guns in bars bill sponsor charged with having gun while driving drunk

This is a discussion on TN guns in bars bill sponsor charged with having gun while driving drunk within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No excuse for the DUI, but the cioncealed firearm would not be an issue in FL unless "in hand."...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: TN guns in bars bill sponsor charged with having gun while driving drunk

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No excuse for the DUI, but the cioncealed firearm would not be an issue in FL unless "in hand."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yes, the anti's are having, and will continue to have, a field day with this incident. We have the right to carry in a place that serves alcohol but can not consume so it remains to be seen how that part will play out. Under the influence with a gun in your possession has always been a big "no-no" so it will be interesting to see if in the car next to him is "possession". I'm betting it will be ruled that way. At a minimum he will lose his priviledge to carry and probably will wind up resigning his seat. He is a friend of the 2d Amendment but he hurt us all with this stunt. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I don't drink when I carry, in fact I've made the decision to pretty much not drink at all. We worry so much about split second differences (carrying chambered, fast draw, etc, etc, etc) but yet some do drink while carrying. In Minnesota the legal limit is .04 while carrying, and I'm thankful I can carry into bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

A lawmaker w/o common sense; we need to boot him out of office.
    No excuses for what he did.
    You can't help stupid!
    And yes, I'm from Tennessee.

When will the media, including the ones in TN ever get it right. TN does not license bars, only restaurants that serve alcohol.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Not justifying the DUI, but the handgun part would have been legal in FL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I don't drink when I carry, in fact I've made the decision to pretty much not drink at all. We worry so much about split second differences (carrying chambered, fast draw, etc, etc, etc) but yet some do drink while carrying. In Minnesota the legal limit is .04 while carrying, and I'm thankful I can carry into bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

In TN the limit is .00.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Curry is one of my neighbors and I conversed with him when we were trying to get the the last guns in bars bill passed. It is a shame that he has gone through such personal problems.
    Proud NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Curry is one of my neighbors and I conversed with him when we were trying to get the the last guns in bars bill passed. It is a shame that he has gone through such personal problems.
    You're right. Sometimes in the heat of castigating a politician, most of whom aren't held in high regard at the present time, we forget that the politician is a fellow human also. I hope Mr Curry gets his problems straightened out.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I guess I've dealt with so many drunks over the years, I just don't have much sympathy for them. Most of them have some sob story about why life is hard.

Well, my life has not always been easy either, and I made choices that kept me sober. How we handle stress defines who we are. Just because you fall into the bottle does not mean that you have to stay in it. I also know many people who have pulled themselves up, and have been sober for a long time.

You are also responsible for any actions you take while being in a bad place. Whether that means you are drunk, high, or depressed it does not matter. Whatever you do, you do, and you have to live with those repercussions. That's what my Parents taught me growing up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links