BLM tries to ban shooting on public lands

BLM tries to ban shooting on public lands

This is a discussion on BLM tries to ban shooting on public lands within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Groups Decry 'Unacceptable' Proposal To Ban Target Shooting On Western Parkland | Fox News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: BLM tries to ban shooting on public lands

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

If they would look a little closer, it's probably the people leaving Mexico who are leaving the trash and damaging property with their bullets. Need to close the border, not stop Americans from target shooting.
    MleeC likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My brother and his wife live in Phoenix. The articles, and pictures, they have sent my family back here in Wisconsin from the illegals crossing points is astounding.

Do I think the amount of garbage in the desert is excessive. Absolutely. Do I think American citizens left it there. Absolutely not.

I agree that closing the border would do more to end the trash problem than any other measure. Seeing as I'm looking at the cause of the issue, and a solution based on the cause of said issue. Let's not have facts get in the way of possible solutions though...

Administrator
    That sounds like it would be a great "shovel ready" jobs program. Cleaning up the trash in the desert.
    I'll do it for 10 MILLION - a mere drop in the bucket. I'll hire a bunch of hard working green thinking environmentalists to do all of the heavy lifting.
    jumpwing likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    That sounds like it would be a great "shovel ready" jobs program. Cleaning up the trash in the desert.
    I'll do it for 10 MILLION - a mere drop in the bucket. I'll hire a bunch of hard working green thinking environmentalists to do all of the heavy lifting.
    Or you could cruise the streets and hire all the panhandlers with their "Lost my job, need money to feed my family. God Bless" signs. That way your both helping the environment, and the unemployed/homeless.
    jumpwing likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    How about we catch the offenders, and make them clean their way all that wayback to Mexico?

Two birds with one stone.
    NY27 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I know just from the descriptions given in the article that I'm smack in the middle of one of the proposed areas for closure mentioned in the article. I also know from simple observation over the years that the BLM has absolutely zero interest in "managing" the land for the enjoyment and use of the citizenry. They're the kings guard, exploiting the kings land, for the kings benefit, and that's all. All these "occupy Wall Street" idiots across the nation are (once again) protesting the wrong thing. They should be "occupying" our land, because I'll guarantee we're the only ones who still think that land belongs to us.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    I know just from the descriptions given in the article that I'm smack in the middle of one of the proposed areas for closure mentioned in the article. I also know from simple observation over the years that the BLM has absolutely zero interest in "managing" the land for the enjoyment and use of the citizenry. They're the kings guard, exploiting the kings land, for the kings benefit, and that's all. All these "occupy Wall Street" idiots across the nation are (once again) protesting the wrong thing. They should be "occupying" our land, because I'll guarantee we're the only ones who still think that land belongs to us.
    It's the Hoity Toities in Boulder trying to close the Colorado BLM lands.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    It's the Hoity Toities in Boulder trying to close the Colorado BLM lands.
    Don't get me started on Boulder ...I'm so glad I'm not through there every week anymore...but basically it's any governmental agency (BLM, NPS etc) who has authority over our lands. They all believe themselves superior and rightful owners of our nations wildlands. They see their job as to lease out as much land for gas/oil drilling as possible, and then make it impossible for the lessee's to utilize the rights they've lawfully purchased. They (Dept of the Interior) consider ordinary US citizens little more than parasites on their (US Govt) property and are in the process of dealing with us the same way they dealt with the Indians a century or more ago....push us off the land into tiny, highly regulated, recreational patches...tell us that they're "saving" the countryside so our children can enjoy it the way that it was meant to be...only thing is, our children won't be able to enjoy it, as it will be off-limits to them...and their children as well. We're all The Machine's Indians now.
    Last edited by Dadsnugun; October 16th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I have to agree with you, except I wouldnt hire the environmentalists, I would hire the illegals so I could keep more of the money.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

A lot of the environmentalists would volunteer their time. So the cost would not be all that different. Quality of work on the other hand, you may be better off sticking with the illegals.

The environmentalists are a wierd bunch, and only work hard at times. They yell a lot though, and like to chain themselves to various items too. Good for the amusement factor. I went to school with an ultra-liberal tree hugger that chained herself to some trees in California. Good looking, but totally crazy person. I remember seeing her on the news for some stupid protest 10 years ago.

I will say living in phoenix that I have seen my fair share of shell beaches on BLM land. They are an eyesore and make me extremely mad. This will be yet another case where a few bad eggs kill it for the rest of us. I don't go desert shooting anymore because I hate feeling the need to come home with a truck bed full of trash. Its not that hard to lay out a tarp and catch almost all your brass. On a side note I have made some handy money in the past cleaning up shell beaches by scrapping brass at the end of the day couple hours and 80-100 bucks.

The amount of State land controlled by Federal agencys is staggering, In Arizona, and Colorado, vast amounts of the land mass is taken out of the local tax roles and controlled and held by the "federal" agency's, many times for the benifit of people living far away. Just look at any map of this great nation, the pale green "empty" is state and Federal ownership, and a liability to the citizens, because it will not be allowed to develop, and produce. It just rankles to have probosed regulations that further restrict the only benifit these lands have, Access for all.
    Dadsnugun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    The amount of State land controlled by Federal agencys is staggering, In Arizona, and Colorado, vast amounts of the land mass is taken out of the local tax roles and controlled and held by the "federal" agency's, many times for the benifit of people living far away. Just look at any map of this great nation, the pale green "empty" is state and Federal ownership, and a liability to the citizens, because it will not be allowed to develop, and produce. It just rankles to have probosed regulations that further restrict the only benifit these lands have, Access for all.
    Nevada has something like 85% of land under federal control. Way too much.
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96 View Post
    Nevada has something like 85% of land under federal control. Way too much.
    Wow, Area 51 that big?
    oakchas likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links