Liberal Courts Still Gunning Against Second Amendment Rights - Page 2

Liberal Courts Still Gunning Against Second Amendment Rights

This is a discussion on Liberal Courts Still Gunning Against Second Amendment Rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Gene83 The arguments already being made somewhere although I can't recall where. If reciprocity passes that means that people who would not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liberal Courts Still Gunning Against Second Amendment Rights

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    The arguments already being made somewhere although I can't recall where. If reciprocity passes that means that people who would not meet the qualifications for a carry permit in our fine state could go to a state with lesser restrictions and obtain a permit. We would be forced to honor that permit. Say "No" to a national reciprocity program.

I don't remember where I saw that message...maybe on one of those liberal MSNBC programs that I watch as an antidote for Fox News.
    Not at all. There is nothing to prevent a state from not honoring a non-resident permit for its own residents. The reciprocity bills only say that a state must honor the permit a visitor to that state has from his own state.

As for the other embedded issues, plenty of states already honor permits for their own residents which are issued by other states. PA being a famous example given all the confusion in the minds of the Philadelphia police on the matter.

The reciprocity bills would put an end to some of the goofy court rulings as it would be clear that Congress has taken a position on citizen's right to carry and how that can be accomplished.

As it is, neither Congress nor the SC has spoken on the matter outside of the LEOSA legislation; and that is a tad different because if pertains to a specific population and not to all honest citizens with clean records.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

It was quoted from the Forbes article, but i believe you are correct on the case upon future review.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links