New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity - Page 2

New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity

This is a discussion on New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet "Eric Schneiderman doesn't want your kind around the Big Apple, or the Empire State." No problem; I have no intent to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "Eric Schneiderman doesn't want your kind around the Big Apple, or the Empire State."

No problem; I have no intent to ever go there.
    The wife used to talk about going to NYC to visit and see a play...nope, never, zip, nada, nine, when pigs fly...she doesn't mention it now.
    Buckj likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I am under the impression that the only thing the bill would require is reciprocity between state. You would be required to follow the laws of the state you were in, not the state that issued your permit. Just like when driving a car, you are required to follow the laws and rules of the state your operating the vehicle in, not the state that issued your license.
    Archer,

I noticed that too. Does he not understand, or is this deliberate misinformation?

I choose door # 2.
    atctimmy likes this.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

You know automatically DC , New York, Chicago, New Jersery, and California in particular want " control " because they feel they are the only one's who "know best " for the populace, and want to be the one's to control and dictate what they will allow and won't.

That's about the only reason (idiots like these) that I would support the Fedl recriprocity bill.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Well New York...I will never ever ever visit you & I am ok with that....

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I am under the impression that the only thing the bill would require is reciprocity between state. You would be required to follow the laws of the state you were in, not the state that issued your permit. Just like when driving a car, you are required to follow the laws and rules of the state your operating the vehicle in, not the state that issued your license.
    I think what the NY AG means by "their home state's less safe laws, " is those laws pertaining to getting the license. My state must be one of those very unsafe states - all it takes is a background check and $10, no classes, no fingerprints, no mug shots, not first-born children. Oh, the blood in the streets here. No, wait, the only blood in the streets (yes, unfortunately there's been some) was caused by, wait for it, criminals without CCW permits. Go figger.

Or maybe he just doesn't understand that reciprocity means you follow the laws in the state you're visiting. He's just an NY AG, what does he know about following laws?
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I am 59 yrs. old and was born and raised in NY state.

Though many Gun restriction laws have been in effect there since before I was born, there has been a "sea change" since the 1960s.

ALL INDIVIDUAL FREEDOMS have come under attack by NYs own elected and appointed representatives.

The taxes are incredibly high ( necessary to support the welfare state ) and everything is becoming state regulated in ways the NAZIS never dreamed of.

Thank God I moved to PA about 6 yrs. ago

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

If national CCW Passes, I'm going to be in the Big Apple...never.

I still don't like going.

Eric Schneiderman, Could'nt poor pee out of a boot with the instructions on the heel ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Archer,

I noticed that too. Does he not understand, or is this deliberate misinformation?

I choose door # 2.
    Specifically, it would force nearly every state in the Union -- including those, like New York, with reasonable restrictions on firearm ownership and transport, that are essential to public safety -- to abandon its own gun laws by allowing out-of-state visitors to carry concealed firearms based on their home state's less safe laws, rather than those of the state they are entering.
    Right there is where the spin started....

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    How many times does this crap need to be discussed.

It (the 2A) is not enumerated by Constitution for the Federal Govt to control or for that matter any State. It is a law that was agreed on by our founders as being absolute and was never supposed to have regulations such as licensing and other draconian controls placed on it. Argue with me if you want to but I bring substance.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Look at how well reciprocity works in the realm of drivers licenses. I have to wonder how many Montanans and Vermonters hurt NY residents with their cars versus the other way around, be it on an absolute or appropriate percentage basis.

Far more people running loose with lethal automotive weapons than with guns, but no one seems to think that license reciprocity is a problem with regard to driving privileges.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Look at how well reciprocity works in the realm of drivers licenses. I have to wonder how many Montanans and Vermonters hurt NY residents with their cars versus the other way around, be it on an absolute or appropriate percentage basis.

Far more people running loose with lethal automotive weapons than with guns, but no one seems to think that license reciprocity is a problem with regard to driving privileges.
    Drivers licenses are dealt with on a state law level.

Nothing constitutional or in federal law...

I regularly go to NYC, DC, and Atlantic City, NJ to hang out. I don't carry, and I don't really consider it a big deal. I like the idea of living in a red state where people are allowed to carry guns, but I'm not afraid of going anywhere in the country. My priorities must be messed up.

Maybe the NY AG should concentrate on what is happening in NY...and reel-in the mayor of NYC. You deal with your problems, we'll deal with ours. I'd love to see someone snap some cuffs on Bloomberg for the garbage he's pulled with his "sting operations".

Being from CT (originally)...I loathe NYC, NY, NJ, and MA for their idiotic gun laws (CT ain't all that either)--but you would think where our republic started they would embrace our freedom...instead, they trample on our rights and feel the need to tell the rest of us how we should live and to ask permission to exercise a right.

In Virginia, there is no such problem.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Drivers licenses are dealt with on a state law level.

Nothing constitutional or in federal law...
    "Dealt with on a state level" is how it needs to be. My sarcasm overwhemed my ability to convey my thoughts clearly.
    jem102 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links