New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity - Page 3

New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity

This is a discussion on New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not all NY is bad. There are some beautiful places outside NYC. Please come I look forward to meeting you all. Well most of you, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity

Not all NY is bad. There are some beautiful places outside NYC. Please come I look forward to meeting you all. Well most of you, on second thought stay home dont like anybody!!!

I have no plans to ever go to a state that will no allow me to defend my self or family!!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    Not all NY is bad. There are some beautiful places outside NYC. Please come I look forward to meeting you all. Well most of you, on second thought stay home dont like anybody!!!
    Spoken like a true New Yorker! Thanks for the laugh.

I've been to the state a few times and the city on each trip. I for one recommend the trip to everyone. The city (and politics) give the whole state a bad name. The City is fun for a day and then I have to get out. Just sitting down and watching people on the streets is a hoot. Upstate is great and the people I have met over the years are salt of the earth. If you have never seen play on Broadway, then you should go.

Shoot I'm from Kansas, all we have is pump jack riding, cow tipping and golf ball diving for fun. Oh, and Hunting.

It really is a shame the city dominates the rest of the state like this, since if you go upstate the average person is rather disgusted with politicians like this AG. That state just needs to go bankrupt and start all over again. Also, rather than a national CCW permit scheme, we need to actually heed the Constitution. There should be no permits for a fundamental right to be exercised, which means the whole country should be Vermont-style carry. No permits, carry as you will.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    It really is a shame the city dominates the rest of the state like this, since if you go upstate the average person is rather disgusted with politicians like this AG. That state just needs to go bankrupt and start all over again. Also, rather than a national CCW permit scheme, we need to actually heed the Constitution. There should be no permits for a fundamental right to be exercised, which means the whole country should be Vermont-style carry. No permits, carry as you will.
    ...But where is the absurd municipal and state ripoff profits if there is no permitting?? How will the states pay for their bloated bureaucratic overhead?? Think of the children!

I am a Texan--I have close friends who live in upstate NY. I have visited several times and enjoy the area and the good folks living there. But I have not been back to NYC since 1960 when my father sent me to pick up a load that only could be found there. Good Lord willing, I will never have to go back as I am deeding it to the "Bloomburgies".

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    I am 59 yrs. old and was born and raised in NY state.

Though many Gun restriction laws have been in effect there since before I was born, there has been a "sea change" since the 1960s.

ALL INDIVIDUAL FREEDOMS have come under attack by NYs own elected and appointed representatives.

The taxes are incredibly high ( necessary to support the welfare state ) and everything is becoming state regulated in ways the NAZIS never dreamed of.

Thank God I moved to PA about 6 yrs. ago

your are absolutely right....problem here coming from "NOT THE CITY" we are pretty conservative and pro - gun BUT the city CONTROLS this state and the rest of the state suffers. We have decided we have made enough. NY likes to make laws...laws to protect us..thus the normal idiots that would normally lose to darwinism end up flourishing and grow to adulthood and then run the damn state!! There something to be said for that..as much as it sounds cruel.......it weeds out the herd and we need that. NY does not get that chance cuz we are all put into cacoons when we are born. NYs newest law regard car seats says kids have to be in car seats till 7 or 90 lbs.....likes like you get to graduate from elementary and your car seat the same camn year! LOL

I gotta get out of hear....even to PA.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

The AG should be more concerned with the police officers arrested for dealing guns then the law abiding citizen carrying.
    Hopyard likes this.

FARGIN' BASTIGES! I know that I will not be spending any of my money in NY.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

I live in Texas...i really dont care what New York says...
    jem102 likes this.

Stated simply, it would make the people of my State -- where we have long-held standards intended to keep firearms out of the hands of those who should not have them -- less safe
    He's publicly accusing the governments of every other state of knowingly giving firearms permits to convicted criminals. I find that interesting. I wonder if he claims to have any proof for this.

After reading the whole thing the 'issue' that left an impression on me was "this will undermine the judgements we have made on how we will govern it's citizens".

I thought 'we' governed 'our' goverment?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Just like I won't patronize an stablishment that won't allow concealed carry, I won't patronize New York and NYC. The politician will begin to feel the economic effects of the boycott from gun owners and they will quickly cave. The weight of paying the highest wages to public employees and the unions, will dictate the policy. You can keep Bloomberg, Cuomo and your change, I'll keep my guns and my money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links