New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity

This is a discussion on New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Eric Schneiderman doesn't want your kind around the Big Apple, or the Empire State. And he's not too diplomatic about it, either. Eric Schneiderman Warns ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New York AG 'warns' against national CCW reciprocity

Eric Schneiderman doesn't want your kind around the Big Apple, or the Empire State. And he's not too diplomatic about it, either.

Eric Schneiderman Warns Reid, McConnell Not To Pass Concealed Weapons Bill

I'm writing an Examiner column about this. I'll post a link when it's published.

(You ain't gonna believe what ne'er-do-wells y'all are.)
    DaveH likes this.

Arrogance on display. I'm not certain I like the idea of a Federal reciprocity law, I kind of like the idea that States can deal with it and should. However, this guy pushes all my, "I don't like you", buttons.

VIP Member
    Blah, blah, blah.... We've heard it all before.

Without commenting on National Reciprocity, I found this comment of his interesting.

Stated simply, it would make the people of my State -- where we have long-held standards intended to keep firearms out of the hands of those who should not have them -- less safe.
    Sure, so how is that working out for ya?
    shooterX, tkruf, joecs1 and 3 others like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

It is amazing reading through some of the user comments on there. Lots of people saying things like "We don't want people carrying concealed weapons around in New York, that would increase violence" blah blah blah. It is amazing how ignorant people are.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

VIP Member
    NY in particular is one really good reason why Federally mandated reciprocity is needed.

I have to laugh at the fact that NY wants to fall back on the silly and fallacious argument that he thinks, "it would increase the threat of gun violence against New Yorkers, compromise the safety of our law enforcement officers and their ability to crack down on illegal firearms"

Obviously illegal firearms possession and illegal firearms would still be illegal. Nothing would change. Licensed carriers have never been shown to be a significant source of crime--- as TX statistics on crime rates among license holders v the general public clearly demonstrate.

Will have to write some letters too if I can muster the energy.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Even IF HR 822 passes the Senate, which is likely at this point, Obama will veto it. He is already pressuring Senators to "Consent" to the UN Small Arms Treaty even though 57 Senators have written to him (and Hillary) opposing the Treaty.

Chris

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Did anyone really expect anything different from this "puppet" of Bloomberg and Soros???

"This legislation would strip New York and other states of the authority to determine who may carry a concealed, loaded weapon within their borders. In so doing, it would increase the threat of gun violence against New Yorkers".
    I'm convinced New Yorkers want their criminals protected. Why else would they not want responsible, law abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons.
    jem102 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I'm convinced New Yorkers want their criminals protected. Why else would they not want responsible, law abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons.
    I'm convinced that most idiots that talk this way about people who have CHL believe that getting a hand gun license is sort of like getting a fishing license and anyone can get one for a small fee. Then most people fail to take into account that criminals don't bother with getting handgun permits. I mean, duh? It isn't rocket science.
    JoJoGunn and Hopyard like this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Easy to say when you are protected by an army of armed police officers and private security.
    Doghandler and mr.stuart like this.

It's all about control,they make everybody think that they know what is best,and that more guns equal more shootings which may be true,instead of just submitting to an armed robbery and handing over your money and valuables,or submitting to a rape the BG's get shot,which means more gun violence.
    I have no desire to ever visit Nazi states like DC and NYC,my wife owns land somewhere in NYS,I have no desire to even visit the place due to their restrictive laws against citizens
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Specifically, it would force nearly every state in the Union -- including those, like New York, with reasonable restrictions on firearm ownership and transport, that are essential to public safety -- to abandon its own gun laws by allowing out-of-state visitors to carry concealed firearms based on their home state's less safe laws, rather than those of the state they are entering.

I may be mistaken, but I am under the impression that the only thing the bill would require is reciprocity between state. You would be required to follow the laws of the state you were in, not the state that issued your permit. Just like when driving a car, you are required to follow the laws and rules of the state your operating the vehicle in, not the state that issued your license.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Eric Schneiderman doesn't want your kind around the Big Apple, or the Empire State."

No problem; I have no intent to ever go there.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I am under the impression that the only thing the bill would require is reciprocity between state. You would be required to follow the laws of the state you were in, not the state that issued your permit. Just like when driving a car, you are required to follow the laws and rules of the state your operating the vehicle in, not the state that issued your license.
    Agree.
    "Evil prospers when good men and women do nothing" - British citizen

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    ... I am under the impression that the only thing the bill would require is reciprocity between state. You would be required to follow the laws of the state you were in, not the state that issued your permit....
    Since when have the Antis ever let facts get in the way emoting or logic get in the way of bleating?
    Katana likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

mel
    Typical left-wing dingbats. The people of NewYork have allowed there representatives to take away their rights. Guess if I was a citizen of the state of NY I would leave.
    jem102 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links