A new anti-firearm organization?

This is a discussion on A new anti-firearm organization? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had no idea that Aljazeera was so anti-firearm. I guess it should come as no suprize since they are part of the news media ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A new anti-firearm organization?

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

I had no idea that Aljazeera was so anti-firearm. I guess it should come as no suprize since they are part of the news media but, I did not know that they are actively engaged in disarming all Americans. Here is the story that brought my attention to the issue aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    What surprises me is that you bothered to go to that site and increase the "visited" numbers.
    atctimmy and Buckj like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Back in the early 80s for fun on ship we would listen to Radio Moscow News. It was interesting to hear their slant on things like the Grenada Invasion. Looking at AlJaz's site makes me feel dirty.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What surprises me is that you bothered to go to that site and increase the "visited" numbers.
    It was fed to me via a google alert, (seriously) first time I have looked at Aljazeera; but, perhaps, the the old adage makes sense: keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Why wouldn't Al Jazeera not be anti-firearm towards Americans or her allies? No surprise there.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Originally published in the Puffington Host. Figures.

Administrator
    Who needs firearms when your closest friends are all homicide bombers?
    Guest1, JoJoGunn and wmhawth like this.

It's been reported off an on how all terrorist groups, and some dictatorships, think that Americans should have their guns taken away.

Sadly, some Americans forget that the Founding Fathers wanted to keep their guns to protect themselves from threats in their own homes (and abroad too), and are trying to ban them.

Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Al-Jazeera is a major news source for most of the world, a few extra hits means nothing to them.

Interestingly enough, one of the things the Iraqi people were adamant about upon when forming their new constitution was the right to have 1 AK-style weapon and 2 loaded magazines, per adult male in the household.

It would seem that people who had lived under brutal oppression, thought they ability to defend themselves and their newly found freedom was rather important.

EDIT: Do some looking around on Cliff Schechter, that author, he is rather loony. He thinks that pretty much every conservative is guilty of treason.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I don't have any particular problem with Al-Jazeera that I wouldn't have with the New York Times or Washington Post. It's a news organization. They published a disclaimer after the opinion piece...

The views expressed in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect Al Jazeera's editorial policy.

...and when I clicked on the author's name, I found all that I needed to know about him and his opinion.

Cliff Schecter
    Cliff Schecter is the President of Libertas, LLC, a progressive public relations firm.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I don't have any particular problem with Al-Jazeera that I wouldn't have with the New York Times or Washington Post. It's a news organization. They published a disclaimer after the opinion piece...

The views expressed in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect Al Jazeera's editorial policy.

...and when I clicked on the author's name, I found all that I needed to know about him and his opinion.

Cliff Schecter
    Cliff Schecter is the President of Libertas, LLC, a progressive public relations firm.
    After two minutes of research, I am fairly sure that the author is talking about the law that went into effect on the last day of September in Ohio (where he apparently lives). I like this quote from the article:

Finally, because carrying concealed weapons in grocery stores and parks just wasn't enough, the NRA decided to start pushing bills to allow concealed weapons in bars - which makes sense because nothing I can think of goes better together than six shots of Jack and a loaded Glock. Of course, "technically", only non-drinking customers are allowed to take their guns into bars.
    Which just shows his complete ignorance on the new law. It isn't a technicality if imbibe while carrying here, it is a felony. I wonder if this guy ever even read the new law? I think he was just trying to complain about the new law on a national level so that he could get some progressive rags to print it up for bigger publicity.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Who needs firearms when your closest friends are all homicide bombers?
    Finally! Someone who understands words! You obviously have no connection with the media!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    After two minutes of research, I am fairly sure that the author is talking about the law that went into effect on the last day of September in Ohio (where he apparently lives). I like this quote from the article:

Which just shows his complete ignorance on the new law. It isn't a technicality if imbibe while carrying here, it is a felony. I wonder if this guy ever even read the new law? I think he was just trying to complain about the new law on a national level so that he could get some progressive rags to print it up for bigger publicity.
    My thinking is that when you own a progressive public relations firm, any progressive publicity that you can get from any source is probably good for business. I had never heard of this clown until I saw this thread.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Without wading into any policy arguments, technically a signed "opinion" piece does not represent the official position of a news publication. You know how some newspapers have short, unsigned pieces on one page? Those are "editorials," i.e., opinions that the paper's editorial board has decided represent the paper's official opinion. "Op-eds" (articles appearing "opposite the editorials") are just the opinion of an individual writer/columnist/expert in something/etc. If this weren't the case, it would mean that the official opinion of, say, The Washington Post, were represented by both George Will and E.J. Dionne, which would be contradictory to say the least.

VIP Member
    Cliff Schecter
    This idiot makes Sarah Brady sound like a gun rights advocate!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links