Wisconsin CCW law Update Info

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW law Update Info within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; City in limbo on gun ban - WaukeshaNOW Many communities in the area have determined whether or not to allow weapons in city-owned buildings, but ...

Thread: Wisconsin CCW law Update Info

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

Wisconsin CCW law Update Info

City in limbo on gun ban - WaukeshaNOW

Many communities in the area have determined whether or not to allow weapons in city-owned buildings, but the City of Waukesha has remained quiet on this front.

Concealed carry across the state goes into effect on Nov. 1, but cities can create laws that limit it.

Other cities, on the other hand, have been much more active. The City of Milwaukee voted 14-1 in mid-September to post signs that ban guns from City Hall and other municipal buildings.

Am I surprised? Nope: Most dangerous cities in Wisconsin continue to think elimination of guns is the only answer.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Minnesota was similar when it first took affect and signs were everywhere... since then things have changed and it's few and far between now when you see a legal 'no firearms' sign posted.

They can only post the buildings they own. It's not as big of a deal as you would think. My city will be posted, which adds 2 buildings to the number we can't go into armed. One is the repair shop, so no one would go there anyways, and the other is city hall. You can get all of the applications for whatever you need mailed to you, download them, and can then mail them in.

This is only an inconvenience if you want to attend one of the city hall meetings.

The other buildings are in one facility, and ban the carrying of guns under the CC law. Makes living in my town not much different at all.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    As an interesting side note ALL VA facilities hospitals nursing homes etc nation wide (as far as I know) are posted no carry). Always has seemed a bit strange that a place where you can only go if you were paid and trained to carry a weapon hates the idea of guns of any sort. Yes I realize there are many with battle fatigue etc and some of the folks I've met there scare me without guns but still. it has always felt strange to see the NO GUNS ALLOWED sign posted next to the WWII tank and the Vietnam era helicopter just down from the torpedo on a concrete stand and the 120mm canon.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Links