Way(s) to influence pro-gun legislation / more places legal to carry

This is a discussion on Way(s) to influence pro-gun legislation / more places legal to carry within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a somewhat incomplete thought I want to throw to the DC winds to see what we can whip up. A slogan/sign that makes ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NC Bullseye

Thread: Way(s) to influence pro-gun legislation / more places legal to carry

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

I have a somewhat incomplete thought I want to throw to the DC winds to see what we can whip up. A slogan/sign that makes it obvious to the masses that guns can and should be trusted in more places, by highlighting the danger of current law. This is what I have so far. It's wordy but I can't figure any better way to put it.
    ---------------------
    (Picture of holstered handgun)

KEEP IT SAFE / KEEP IT HOLSTERED

-THE MOST COMMON CAUSE OF ACCIDENTAL FIREARMS DISCHARGE IS UNNECESSARY GUN HANDLING-

-LAWS THAT REQUIRE CITIZENS TO LEAVE THEIR GUNS OUTSIDE ARE A DANGER TO PUBLIC SAFETY-
    ---------------------
    (Picture of violin in holster)

DON'T FIDDLE WITH YOUR GUN / HOLSTERED GUNS ARE SAFE GUNS
    ---------------------

Any graphic gurus out there that can make it pretty?

Any wordsmiths out there that can polish it up?

What ways could this be used in public other than putting it on a billboard or a big bumper sticker?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Hmmmm... intriguing. It seems like a common element to both messages (safety of CCWers, safer in holsters) is some sort of contrast between a licensed CCWer carrying in a modern holster and a criminal carrying in the waist band (as I think I've heard research to the effect that waist band/Mexican carry is reported as common among interviewed street criminals). And then you have two different messages/audiences: first, to the CCWer, "which one do you want to be more like?" and then, to the general none-CCW public, something like "which one of these do you think is going to obey your no-gun sign?"

But how to represent the criminal would be tough to avoid stereotyping. Maybe use actual mug shots or something like that?

I think "the masses: will misinterpret this as a safety message to all those "looney guys carrying guns."

Look at some of the messages Oleg Volk conveys with his stark photographs... let that stimulate your creative juices.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Playing devils advocate, if guns are that dangerous should they even be allowed off ones personal property?

Even the best of intentions can be used in this case by those who wish to increase controls on firearms.

Why not instead, show something like a restaurant that is not posted full of people and ask "Who here is armed?" and then highlight the family group, and business people and the construction worker below it put a posted sign on the same restaurant and ask the same question only this time highlight the thug and a person of questionable intentions standing at the cash register. The answer is the only people that obey the signs are the law abiding ones. Robbers don't care.
    Sticks and Pistology like this.

Check out Maverickx50's "business card" in this thread: "No Guns Allowed"

How about a little kid that goes into a restaurant, notices the gunbuster sign... walks in the door, turns to the camera and says, in a quiet voice....

"I see dead people"
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links