Democratic Lawmakers Urge Obama to Veto Gun Measure

This is a discussion on Democratic Lawmakers Urge Obama to Veto Gun Measure within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Yankeejib We've truly reached the point in US journalism where no one's accounts can be trusted. Journalists are simply unable to investigate, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Democratic Lawmakers Urge Obama to Veto Gun Measure

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    We've truly reached the point in US journalism where no one's accounts can be trusted. Journalists are simply unable to investigate, report, reveal, or serve the public without being compromised by their own or their employers' agendas. There's very little "news" that I don't immediately discredit anymore.
    Does anyone follow European news sources? Their "account" of current events, politics, and government in the US is 10X more accurate and salient than any dumb dung the major networks or news services in the US have the ability to offer.
    I beg your pardon?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    It appears to me that many people don't really feel that the news media has a very high " MORAL STANDARD " to which they ascribe. Slant the event to favor thier view point or their employers view point in many cases.
    The news media's main job is to over sensationalize things to draw in more viewers, which draws in more sponsors, which makes them more money. It's not about the news, itís about the dollar.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Can someone please point me to a time, was it "the good old days", when news reporting was any less editorialized than it is today.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Can someone please point me to a time, was it "the good old days", when news reporting was any less editorialized than it is today.

sure just look up the birth date for a guy named Gutenberg
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links