More "Hope and Change" ...

This is a discussion on More "Hope and Change" ... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Obama Pushing Shooters Off Public Lands - Washington Whispers (usnews.com) . Or is it now "Hopeless Change"?...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By TN_Mike
  • 10 Post By OD*
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By joker1
  • 3 Post By gasmitty

Thread: More "Hope and Change" ...

More "Hope and Change" ...

LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

2. Remove Ads

I just read this article this morning. I think we are starting to see just a glimpse of what a second Obama term would mean to all of us who love shooting. We would see this and many more restrictions put on us and our guns before what I think is a likely attempt to at least set up the frame work of a national registration system and eventual confiscation.

I'm not really excited by anyone on the GOP side who's running right now but honestly think any of them would be far and away better choices that the current inhabitant of the White House.
    tkruf and bigdog44 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

OD*
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    OK I am in before the lock. No doubt too many of our professional politicians are only interested in the next election and none of them are concerned with managing the business of the Nation.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    OK I am in before the lock. No doubt too many of our professional politicians are only interested in the next election and none of them are concerned with managing the business of the Nation.
    Amen.

I say throw them all out and start over.
    Sticks likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Amen.

I say throw them all out and start over.
    A president and 2 representatives for each state.
    shooterX likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Not surprised
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

VIP Member
    Should anyone be surprised. Another stupid idea. I have been on many public lands across the U.S., including BLM lands. Never once have I been shot at, shot near, or been scared by someone with a firearm. I have however, been endangered by mountain bikers far too many times to count.

This was a topic of conversation at work today; We're in AZ which has a LOT of BLM land and a lot of shooters.

The biggest gripe out here about shooting on public lands is SLOBS who don't give a thought to cleaning up after themselves. I'm not talking about brass, I mean idiots who drag TVs and appliances into the desert to shoot and leave the blown-apart shards behind. You want to shoot bottles? Fine, just pick up the broken glass. My friends and I have shot spoiled produce which of course we leave behind for the 'critters', but we won't even leave cardboard boxes or paper targets behind.

Two springs ago I helped a club of off-roaders clean up one popular shooting area off the Beeline Highway in Mesa. We had press coverage and support from Waste Management and the Sheriff's Office. Maybe 250 people volunteered for 4-8 hours to clean up a few different sites. I forget the tonnage of junk we cleaned up, but it was a LOT. Probably two tractor trailer loads. Well, one year later - the same area was almost as loaded up with trash and shot-up junk as it was before we cleaned it up.

And you wonder why some people are against shooting on public lands? If you've shot on public land and failed to clean up after yourself, you're part of the problem.
    Last edited by gasmitty; November 17th, 2011 at 09:48 AM.
    Dadsnugun, Gene83 and joker1 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I had hope and change thrust upon me as a young Dad in the early 80's,When it was time for a change,I was hoping it wasn't a loaded diaper
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    This was a topic of conversation at work today; We're in AZ which has a LOT of BLM land and a lot of shooters.

The biggest gripe out here about shooting on public lands is SLOBS who don't give a thought to cleaning up after themselves. I'm not talking about brass, I mean idiots who drag TVs and appliances into the deseert to shoot and leave the blown-apart shards behind. You want to shoot bottles? Fine, just pick up the broken glass. My friends and I have shot spoiled produce which of course we leave behind for the 'critters', but we won't even leave cardboard boxes or paper targets behind.

Two springs ago I helped a club of off-roaders clean up one popular shooting area off the Beeline Highway in Mesa. We had press coverage and support from Waste Management and the Sheriff's Office. Maybe 250 people volunteered for 4-8 hours to clean up a few different sites. I forget the tonnage of junk we cleaned up, but it was a LOT. Probably two tractor trailer loads. Well, one year later - the same area was almost as loaded up with trash and shot-up junk as it was before we cleaned it up.

And you wonder why some people are against shooting on public lands? If you've shot on public land and failed to clean up after yourself, you're part of the problem.
    You're absolutely right GA...there are too many SLOBS in the ranks of the recreation/occasional shooter and those are the people who will get OUR LANDS closed off to OUR USE. Even at our local public range, which is on BLM land, and I try to hit 1-2 times a week, there's always a new load of junk scattered across the range at every visit. I'm not just talking cardboard and paper targets either...50 gal drums, electronics, home appliances, as you say. Anyplace with a decent bank for a backstop for an impromptu shooting range is littered with bullet-ridden discarded junk and broken glass. Pack out what you pack in, and try to grab at least some of the junk left by our more self absorbed associates. I, for one, am tired of seeing the lands that I can use to practice my hobby disappear to a bunch of whiny, self absorbed, chamois-panted, anorexic, greenie wienees who are only interested in the PUBLIC in PUBLIC LANDS as far is it applies to their activity.

Oh...and BTW...for anyone who's interested...the BLM is not interested in the "public" aspect of Public Lands at all.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Links