Apparently Bloomberg is against the 1st and 2nd amendment

This is a discussion on Apparently Bloomberg is against the 1st and 2nd amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; PDN Pulse » Blog Archive » Photogs Arrested in Raid on Occupy Protest at Zuccotti Park It was to protect the photographers? That’s why media ...

Thread: Apparently Bloomberg is against the 1st and 2nd amendment

Angry Apparently Bloomberg is against the 1st and 2nd amendment

PDN Pulse » Blog Archive » Photogs Arrested in Raid on Occupy Protest at Zuccotti Park

It was to protect the photographers? That’s why media helicopters had also been blocked from the vicinity, after all it’s rather easy to toss a bottle or other object high enough to hit a chopper……

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    No surprise here...Bloomberg has always been anti Second Amendment. After all, he IS a puppet of George Sorros
    Once you crap all over one Amendment, I guess the others come easy.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BLOOMBERG = no right to personal protection.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

To paraphrase Captain Barbarossa: the constitution is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules

Bloomberg is only against 'illegal weapons'- you know, yours. He is also only against 'illegal' press- any which he hasn't approved. It is all for your protection remember
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

Once the first amendment starts getting assigned some "common sense" restraints,then maybe people will understand why our forefathers had placed one caveat in there "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" The Government while backing many other riots and Government Coups,when it starts seeing the same discontent within it's own boundaries suddenly takes a hard line approach.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm no fan of Bloomberg. But I'm not a fan of non news stories and sensational journalism either. Seems that they were doing something else, since the raid was pre dawn. My guess is they were trespassing like the rest of the group that cut the fence. Just as the 2A does not trump property rights, neither does the 1A. While I agree with some of the OWS complaints, I'm not terribly sympathetic of their actions or solutions; or lack there of.

From the article linked above....

"The photographers arrested yesterday included Associated Press photographer Seth Wenig and Paul Lomax of DNAInfo.com, a local news site for Manhattan. Both were arrested shortly after noon near Duarte Square, "
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

JD
    Administrator
    So....ummm.....where's the 2nd Amendment angle of this thread?

Links