Viginia may change its laws

This is a discussion on Viginia may change its laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; VA has it's own background check and apparently limits purchases to one a month... That may change... Good for VA! Story here...

Thread: Viginia may change its laws

Viginia may change its laws

VA has it's own background check and apparently limits purchases to one a month... That may change... Good for VA!

Story here
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

Just for clarification: If you have a CHP in VA, the one purchase per month goes away. There is no limit once you have CHP in hand. And, we are a CHP shall issue state.
    Carpe Diem

VIP Member

Exclamation Fire Mission poll:

Fire Mission poll:

Should Virginia drop its criminal background check for firearm purchases, and rely on the federal system? | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Yes
    38% (373 votes)

No
    59% (577 votes)

Not sure
    3% (25 votes)

Total votes: 975

This initiative is really 1) about the waste of taxes by duplicating requirements and 2) about the slow down in getting approvals -- whether intentionally (as an effort to reduce sales) or as the results of funding cut to / funding short-falls for the positions to get the job done in a reasonable time.

Additional personal point:

There is a process for having the ATF issue you a special ID number to identify you from whoever the convicted felon is with a similar name. However, the VSP's Web site does not have a field for this information.

As my name is the same (other than our MI) as the birth-name of Muhammed Dawood (one of the first people charged and subsequently convicted under the United States' Military Commissions Act of 2006), no-fly list and unnecessary delays are very real -- even when the real terrorist was locked-up.
    Last edited by DaveH; November 21st, 2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: added additional point
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links