Viginia may change its laws

This is a discussion on Viginia may change its laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; VA has it's own background check and apparently limits purchases to one a month... That may change... Good for VA! Story here...

Thread: Viginia may change its laws

Viginia may change its laws

VA has it's own background check and apparently limits purchases to one a month... That may change... Good for VA!

Story here
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

Just for clarification: If you have a CHP in VA, the one purchase per month goes away. There is no limit once you have CHP in hand. And, we are a CHP shall issue state.
    Carpe Diem

VIP Member

Exclamation Fire Mission poll:

Fire Mission poll:

Should Virginia drop its criminal background check for firearm purchases, and rely on the federal system? | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Yes
    38% (373 votes)

No
    59% (577 votes)

Not sure
    3% (25 votes)

Total votes: 975

This initiative is really 1) about the waste of taxes by duplicating requirements and 2) about the slow down in getting approvals -- whether intentionally (as an effort to reduce sales) or as the results of funding cut to / funding short-falls for the positions to get the job done in a reasonable time.

Additional personal point:

There is a process for having the ATF issue you a special ID number to identify you from whoever the convicted felon is with a similar name. However, the VSP's Web site does not have a field for this information.

As my name is the same (other than our MI) as the birth-name of Muhammed Dawood (one of the first people charged and subsequently convicted under the United States' Military Commissions Act of 2006), no-fly list and unnecessary delays are very real -- even when the real terrorist was locked-up.
    Last edited by DaveH; November 21st, 2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: added additional point
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links