Gun Issues and the Current Administration.....

This is a discussion on Gun Issues and the Current Administration..... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Current administration vurtually silent on the issue of gun control........ Gun issue represents tough politics for Obama - Yahoo! News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Gun Issues and the Current Administration.....

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array Old School's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Posts
    3,211

    Cool Gun Issues and the Current Administration.....

    Current administration vurtually silent on the issue of gun control........

    Gun issue represents tough politics for Obama - Yahoo! News
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,142
    I doubt he'll take much of a stand until after the election. If he wins, then he'll not have to answer to the people for future elections.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  4. #3
    New Member Array PeterTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2
    Here is what NRA thinks will happen...

    Click here for 2016

  5. #4
    Senior Member Array Herknav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waypoint 0
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Current administration vurtually silent on the issue of gun control........

    Gun issue represents tough politics for Obama - Yahoo! News
    Hardly. They've been subtle, but they've been testing their limits.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Posts
    1,843
    Thats what Fast and Furious was all about - now they are a little reluctant to move forward.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array tokerblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,344
    "President Barack Obama, on the other hand, is virtually silent on the issue."
    - Really? Appointing two very anti-Second Amendment Supreme Court Justices announces his position very clearly.
    Bullet1234 and Brass63 like this.

  8. #7
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,392
    In my mind Fast and Furious was a failed attempt by our own Government to validate all of the lies it has told in the past. To me, it was a way to actually get guns to Mexico so that they could turn around and blame it on us. Luckily for us it blew up in their faces.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array Hiram25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wyoming, DE
    Posts
    11,014
    I just hope the Country wakes up for the next election, or it may be the last one we get.
    Bullet1234 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,082
    Yeah...he won't be saying much about it until after the election, when he will hopefully be running his mouth about it from outside the White House.

  11. #10
    mel
    mel is offline
    Member Array mel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    254
    I agree, but I don't know if I fully trust the voters of this country. I know where the majority of gun owners stand, it is the rest of the lemmings out there that I am worried about.

    If Obama wins again, the country is finished.
    Bullet1234 likes this.

  12. #11
    Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls Tx.
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    I know where the majority of gun owners stand, it is the rest of the lemmings out there that I am worried about.

    If Obama wins again, the country is finished.
    Waiting until after the election to do something is a definate possibility, but lets talk about lemmings. In O6 and 07, before Obama was elected, every gun owner in the US was scared _less, and all that could be heard was that "if Obama gets elected" he's going to take away your guns (by this BAN... and that BAN), and you wont be able to find ammo anywhere. So, before he was elected, all of the lemmings got scared, went out and bought up all the ammo (therefore driving up the prices, making it a prize posession only to which the stores are just now beginning to be able to fully restock their shelves, yet prices are still rediculous! So, to those lemmings that went out and bought up thousands of rounds in the last 4 years, you can thank yourself for the high prices of ammo and guns.
    What has happened in the last 4 years to restrict guns and ammo..... uhhh nothing, therefore you get the kinds of articles like that were posted by the OP'er, because, so far that is all that can be said. Nothing has happened to take away my guns. In fact, I can, not only still own a handgun, but I can carry my handgun in national parks now.

    I also heard from the "lemmings" 4 years ago that if Obama was elected then this country was finished. As a matter of fact, that is what each party has been saying about the other for almost a century.

    I have also heard (not to mention other things) that he is the antichrist...

    Vote how you want to, just dont follow your other bird ( I mean rodent) friend off of the cliff.
    Last edited by AZJD1968; November 27th, 2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Animal addition
    mr.stuart and Hopyard like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

  13. #12
    Member Array OngngFreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    85
    Is it really fair to call those of us "lemmings"?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    VIP Member
    Array ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Waiting until after the election to do something is a definate possibility, but lets talk about lemmings. In O6 and 07, before Obama was elected, every gun owner in the US was scared _less, and all that could be heard was that "if Obama gets elected" he's going to take away your guns (by this BAN... and that BAN), and you wont be able to find ammo anywhere. So, before he was elected, all of the lemmings got scared, went out and bought up all the ammo (therefore driving up the prices, making it a prize posession only to which the stores are just now beginning to be able to fully restock their shelves, yet prices are still rediculous! So, to those lemmings that went out and bought up thousands of rounds in the last 4 years, you can thank yourself for the high prices of ammo and guns.
    What has happened in the last 4 years to restrict guns and ammo..... uhhh nothing, therefore you get the kinds of articles like that were posted by the OP'er, because, so far that is all that can be said. Nothing has happened to take away my guns. In fact, I can, not only still own a handgun, but I can carry my handgun in national parks now.

    I also heard from the "lemmings" 4 years ago that if Obama was elected then this country was finished. As a matter of fact, that is what each party has been saying about the other for almost a century.

    I have also heard (not to mention other things) that he is the antichrist...

    Vote how you want to, just dont follow your other bird friend off of the cliff.
    Really, seriously? You are a gun owner and you support an anti-gun presential incumbent in the upcoming election? Wow.

    Both recent Supreme Court cases involving 2A were brought by the previous administration. Both cases were heard before Obama's recent SC appointees had the opportunity to become a significant factor in the outcome. That however, will not be the situation with future 2A cases that go before the court with its current justices.

    Had the economy not tanked I believe the Obama administration would have made a significant push for more restrictions on gun owners.

    Don't be surprised when/if Obama gets a second term and those gun restrictions start piling on.

    You have a different opinion, no problem, its why we all get to vote. No need for name calling and labeling those who disagree with your position as lemmings.

  15. #14
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,392
    For those of us who think lemmings are birds:

    Noun

    lemming (plural lemmings)

    Any of the small Arctic and Subarctic rodents of the tribe Lemmini. Three genera of vole are also commonly called lemmings.
    Anubis likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

  16. #15
    Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls Tx.
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Really, seriously? You are a gun owner and you support an anti-gun presential incumbent in the upcoming election? Wow.

    Both recent Supreme Court cases involving 2A were brought by the previous administration. Both cases were heard before Obama's recent SC appointees had the opportunity to become a significant factor in the outcome. That however, will not be the situation with future 2A cases that go before the court with its current justices.

    Had the economy not tanked I believe the Obama administration would have made a significant push for more restrictions on gun owners.

    Don't be surprised when/if Obama gets a second term and those gun restrictions start piling on.

    You have a different opinion, no problem, its why we all get to vote. No need for name calling and labeling those who disagree with your position as lemmings.
    Please read post #10 and note that according to it, everyone who doesn't agree with the majority of gun owners are lemmings..Also note that it was posted before mine, therefore it was not me who said that everyone who doesn't agree with me was a lemming.

    This is who I called lemmings...("So, to those lemmings that went out and bought up thousands of rounds in the last 4 years, you can thank yourself for the high prices of ammo and guns.") I said this because they heard and believed something that didnt happen.

    And, The economy's tanking didn't originate with this administration, and like I said.. "Waiting until after the election to do something is a definate possibility"

    I am basing my posts on the reality that nothing has happened under this administration to take away my guns or my right to own them. And I refuse to buy into the BS that I hear from the media, NRA, ammo companies, and gun companies who have a vested interest in scaring me into following an agenda. I will not tow a party line.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

a current administrative issue in a newspaper

,
current administrative issue in a newspaper
,
current discussions on 2nd amendment
,
current firearm issues
,

current gun issues

,
current gun issues in the u.s.
,
current gun problems
,
current isues on guns
,
current second amendment issues
,
recent opinions on gun issues
,
what are the current gun issues
,
what are the current gun issues in america
Click on a term to search for related topics.