new Post Office case

new Post Office case

This is a discussion on new Post Office case within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's one to watch. Behold, an actual pro-2A op-ed piece in the Denver Post! "Editorial: Postal gun ban should be tossed We're glad a federal ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: new Post Office case

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

new Post Office case

Here's one to watch. Behold, an actual pro-2A op-ed piece in the Denver Post!

"Editorial: Postal gun ban should be tossed
    We're glad a federal judge will allow a lawsuit by an Avon couple with concealed-carry permits."

Editorial: Postal gun ban should be tossed - The Denver Post
    DaveH and e4dan like this.

That would be nice!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

P.O. won't deliver to my house so I have to pick it up at the Post Office, a P.I.T.A... more so because I have to disarm.

I am hopefull, but not confident the courts will strike down this restriction.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Why would you need a gun in a post office? No one's gonna rob it; everyone knows they're broke.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I am more concerned about the issues associated with unnecessary handling to disarm to go in there. For the PO to be declared 'sensitive' someone must have been smokin sometin good.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

mel
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Why would you need a gun in a post office? No one's gonna rob it; everyone knows they're broke.
    This is so true, when is the last time that a Post Office was actually held up/robbed?

A loooong time ago, I think. The Postal Inspection Service has about a 99% conviction rate.
    John Dillenger robbed a country store that had a Post Office in it and drew a chalk line around the Postal area. He left a note for the Postal Inspectors stating that "We did NOT cross this line", because he was afraid that THEy would go after him.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    This is so true, when is the last time that a Post Office was actually held up/robbed?
    Wasn't there a shooting, maybe intended robbery, in a small postal office a few months ago? (Don't have time to look it up right now, it might have been a contract office, not actual Postal property.)
    Here it is, Henning TN, 18 Oct 2010. (OK, more than a few months.)

But, when was the last time a Post Office was robbed by a licensed CCW permit holder?
    Last edited by sdprof; November 30th, 2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: added link to news item
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Perhaps the firearms restriction in post offices is aimed (no pun intended) more toward their own employees since the term "going postal" originated a number of years ago when it was becoming common place for disgruntled postal employees to walk into their station with an Uzi and open fire on their fellow employees.

Back then, Post Office flags flying at half-mast meant they were hiring
    RoadKill likes this.

would be nice

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
    Perhaps the firearms restriction in post offices is aimed (no pun intended) more toward their own employees since the term "going postal" originated a number of years ago when it was becoming common place for disgruntled postal employees to walk into their station with an Uzi and open fire on their fellow employees.
    I always thought it was because of this reason myself. Apparently the laws against murder and being in possession of a weapon during a crime were not strong enough that they thought this would fix it.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Because of the postal workers.

All those 10 Most Wanted might show up to take their photos down!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post

Back then, Post Office flags flying at half-mast meant they were hiring
    No one can "go Postal" anymore. Guns are not allowed in the PO.

I think it would be a good thing..... it's a pain to disarm, etc. I won't park in the parking lot , but have to park on the street by the Post Office so I'm not on Fedl Property with a gun.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links