Bill passes allowing govt' to imprison American citizens without the right of Habeus - Page 4

Bill passes allowing govt' to imprison American citizens without the right of Habeus

This is a discussion on Bill passes allowing govt' to imprison American citizens without the right of Habeus within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And this is where the thread drifts out of the realm of the purpose of this board......

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Bill passes allowing govt' to imprison American citizens without the right of Habeus

And this is where the thread drifts out of the realm of the purpose of this board...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

B94
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I would literally vote for Barack Obama before I would vote for Ron Paul.
    Why?
    PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT - Live Free or Die

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Well while some guys are wringing their hands over all this and incredibly imagining that there are drones in the sky looking for them because they own a couple of guns, I'm praying there are a couple of drones in the sky looking to unilaterally punch the citizenship tickets of Adam Gadahn and Omar Hammadi.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    ... I would greatly favor a constitutional amendment to require every bill to have 1 subject. Amendments that were not amending the main subject of the bill would be out of line. This would help the government run more efficiently and allow the voters to better evaluate their reps & sens. ...
    Attachment 54749

source = http://www.senate.gov/legislative/li...menu_112_1.htm

this^^^^
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    This happens way too much these days.
    And that SC Milligan ruling apparently had no influence whatsoever on too many Senators from both sides of the aisle. Yikes. It had no effect on Roosevelt and it had no effect on little Bush.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    this^^^^
    Yes, it would prevent a lot of mischief and horrifically bad laws from passing. 1 Subject. 1 piece of legislation. Germain amendments.

What a fantastic idea that will never happen.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

...I agree with you that there is posturing going on. I would greatly favor a constitutional amendment to require every bill to have 1 subject. Amendments that were not amending the main subject of the bill would be out of line. This would help the government run more efficiently and allow the voters to better evaluate their reps & sens. ...
    That has been the biggest *** since I learned how Govt works in Jr. High. To this day the fact that they can add on anything completely unrelated or change wording at the last minute, call for a vote at the 11th hour when nobody is present irritates me to no end.

I would also like to see a "Make a new law, repeal an old law" requirement at both the Federal and State level.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I would also like to see a "Make a new law, repeal an old law" requirement at both the Federal and State level.
    Bingo!!!
    In 2010 the leadership of the OK legislature crowed about the 200 new laws they passed during that session. Never mind that 75 percent of OK laws go unenforced.
    Hopyard likes this.

It's still a law here that if you drive an automobile, you must honk your horn when entering town so those on horses will know you are coming.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    It's still a law here that if you drive an automobile, you must honk your horn when entering town so those on horses will know you are coming.
    Dumb Laws, Stupid Laws: We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not that you can tell with the fugly forum skin, but that is a hyperlink.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    That has been the biggest *** since I learned how Govt works in Jr. High. To this day the fact that they can add on anything completely unrelated or change wording at the last minute, call for a vote at the 11th hour when nobody is present irritates me to no end.
    James Polk would agree with you. He vetoed the first pork bill (Maysville-Lexington road) and his words were prophetic as they have come true.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    James Polk would agree with you. He vetoed the first pork bill (Maysville-Lexington road) and his words were prophetic as they have come true.
    I think we could have an interesting discussion about Mr. Polk. If threatening war with Britain (so soon after we almost got creamed in the War of 1812) and doing one with Mexico (adventurism) and letting the slavery issue fester(actually taking a pro-slavery position and pushing through tariffs beneficial to the slave states) constitute greatness, then he was a great one.

As for pork--- it wasn't kosher then and it isn't kosher now.
    Andrew Jackson

Granted, flying is not a right, it's a privileged means of transportation. You can still drive, bus, train, or boat.
    How is flying a "privileged means of transportation". Airlines are private business's that charge a fee for a service,"transportation" as do bus,trains and ship company's, all of which come under some form of government regulation. Government denying you the right to a mode of public transportation is BS anyway you look at it. But gee we are safer .
    Hopyard and Sig 210 like this.

Obama wanted the indefinite detention of American citizens

It passed the Senate again last night. I'm upset that my Senator voted Yay for it. We are in some serious trouble here people. It's time to wake up to our criminal government.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Too bad they didn't specifically permit drone strikes on traitorous American citizens like Hammadi and Gadahn.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links