New Bloomberg investigation - Page 2

New Bloomberg investigation

This is a discussion on New Bloomberg investigation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven I find it interesting that it's "yankee liberals" that make you sick. Southern liberals don't make you sick? Mid-Western liberals? Or ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New Bloomberg investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I find it interesting that it's "yankee liberals" that make you sick.

Southern liberals don't make you sick? Mid-Western liberals? Or is it both yankees and liberals that make you sick?

Do you see all yankees as liberals?
    yankees in general are ruining the country..... voting their states into messes of bureaucracy then moving to rural areas to get away from the mess they created and after a while trying to destroy those areas too. Like a living breathing cancer.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't believe Bloomberg if he said the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I think the main point is to enforce the laws on the books before creating new ones. The people that sold guns to those who "probably could not pass a background check" should be held accountable. For those who ccw, you should also be concerned that people who probably can't pass background checks and know it are probably not law abiding citizens in other regards.

I still want someone to explain to me how city "Private investigators" are allowed to break federal/state law, and do these purchases.

As far as the study, I could make one that says that 100% of private sellers obey the law, with selective choices of what ads I responded to, and how large the sample size was.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Moderator
    First, of all, the firearms laws in New York are not the same as the laws in most states, so anyone in NY that thinks they are needs to get educated on how it works in the rest of the United States.

You cannot buy a gun on-line without first going through an FFL. Period.

The FFL is responsible for doing the 4473 Form and then doing the NICS check...which is the phone call to the FBI that does the background check.

Here is how it works for most of the citizens of the U.S.

You see a gun on the Internet, you bid on it or buy it...it doesn't matter where it comes from. You have it shipped to an FFL close to you. It could be a gun shop that you frequent, a friend with an FFL or someone you contacted that said they would do it for you.

The FFL receives it, and when you come to pick it up, it is no different than buying one from a gun shop. You fill out the 4473 and the FFL calls NICS. If you are good to go then you walk off with your gun. If you cant pass the background, your NICS is denied or the 4473 hung you up, you don't get the gun.

It ain't rocket surgery here.

The idiots in New York that go crusading about in the name of making New York a safer place to live don't even have a basic understanding of how the law works. They also assume that the laws are the same everywhere, when in fact they are not. Most of the statistics that they use are fabricated and serve only to advance an agenda. The ruling elite in New York do not want people to be armed at all, because they are sorry excuses for human beings that believe only the Mobsters that they serve and their henchmen should be armed.That way they can continue to extort, rape,plunder and pillage as they please with out fear of retribution.

Bloomberg had a serious issue with people being able to buy guns from each other. Fact of the matter is...it is perfectly legal in most states for two residents of that state to be able to buy a gun from each other. There is no back ground check required for private party purchases, nor can a private person even use NICS if they wanted to, because it is exclusively for FFL's to use and you must have a codeword to use the system.

Its much ado about nothing.

For the gentle souls that say " oh my goodness, he bought a gun with out a background check!" get over it. Its legal in most places and if is isn't, then don't do it. There again, that ain't rocket science either.

As for me, I really get tired of crusading politicians that fabricate a problem where there is none so that they can be a hero when they propose a solution. The problem is, that solution chips away at our rights, our personal liberties and our ability to act without the government trying to control every aspect of our lives.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Bloomberg would have trouble accurately investigating the cause and effect of the brown stains in his underpants.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Good job HotGuns, my applause goes out to you.

But I have to ask you: is it rocket surgery or rocket science?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Moderator
    If the higher-ups at the ATF had a pair, Bloomberg and his investigators would have been arrested when they conspired to submit falsified form 4473's to licensees as part of their earlier "investigations".
    oneshot and peckman28 like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    But I have to ask you: is it rocket surgery or rocket science?
    Well...you have heart surgery and you have rocket science.

Its a combination of the two.

Rocket Surgery kills two birds with one stone.
    bigmacque and Rock and Glock like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    First, of all, the firearms laws in New York are not the same as the laws in most states, so anyone in NY that thinks they are needs to get educated on how it works in the rest of the United States.

You cannot buy a gun on-line without first going through an FFL. Period.
    If I list on craigslist, it's "on the internet"... I can agree to a FtoF to xfer the gun. (in IA they have to have a permit to purchase or a carry permit to buy a handgun, but not a long arm). If I list it on gunbroker, or other such listing sites. I can do the same.

The FFL is responsible for doing the 4473 Form and then doing the NICS check...which is the phone call to the FBI that does the background check.

Here is how it works for most of the citizens of the U.S.

You see a gun on the Internet, you bid on it or buy it...it doesn't matter where it comes from. You have it shipped to an FFL close to you.
    Unless you agree with the seller to a face to face meeting, legally within the same state, and both residents of that state.

... It could be a gun shop that you frequent, a friend with an FFL or someone you contacted that said they would do it for you.

The FFL receives it, and when you come to pick it up, it is no different than buying one from a gun shop. You fill out the 4473 and the FFL calls NICS. If you are good to go then you walk off with your gun. If you cant pass the background, your NICS is denied or the 4473 hung you up, you don't get the gun.

It ain't rocket surgery here.

The idiots in New York that go crusading about in the name of making New York a safer place to live don't even have a basic understanding of how the law works. They also assume that the laws are the same everywhere, when in fact they are not. Most of the statistics that they use are fabricated and serve only to advance an agenda. The ruling elite in New York do not want people to be armed at all, because they are sorry excuses for human beings that believe only the Mobsters that they serve and their henchmen should be armed.That way they can continue to extort, rape,plunder and pillage as they please with out fear of retribution.
    Politicians run rampant... controlling the populace through misinformation...

Bloomberg had a serious issue with people being able to buy guns from each other. Fact of the matter is...it is perfectly legal in most states for two residents of that state to be able to buy a gun from each other. There is no back ground check required for private party purchases, nor can a private person even use NICS if they wanted to, because it is exclusively for FFL's to use and you must have a codeword to use the system.

Its much ado about nothing.
    I agree with this 100%

For the gentle souls that say " oh my goodness, he bought a gun with out a background check!" get over it. Its legal in most places and if is isn't, then don't do it. There again, that ain't rocket science either.
    Some folks may not be knowledgeable about all the laws, they have heard it is legal to sell a gun in a face to face transaction and they need some money... they sell their gun to a guy that looked okay, seemed normal.

As for me, I really get tired of crusading politicians that fabricate a problem where there is none so that they can be a hero when they propose a solution. The problem is, that solution chips away at our rights, our personal liberties and our ability to act without the government trying to control every aspect of our lives.
    I agree with this as well, I'm tired of the pols whittling away at our rights... Most of the sales in this operation would have been illegal... probably... and that is the fault of those conducting the sales. Prosecuting them would do little to end the illegal trafficking of guns.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I would like to know if there was an agreement of sale, or if the sale actually took place without an FFL. If the sale took place without an FFL, then the buyer just became a felon as well as the person paying the buyer. Since Mr. Bloomberg thinks so highly of his police department maybe he could share a cell with the officers that had recently been arrested for selling weapons.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I seriously suspect there was no actual transfer. I suspect it was staged with the goal being to capture for the media the "no background check" on the sellers end. Most of the population doesn't understand how the process works and this would feed into their fears and His Mayoral Majesty's position.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Last edited by noway2; December 17th, 2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: fixed quotes

There are some unscrupulous people in this world that will sell a gun to somebody that can't pass a background check just to get the money,I honestly believe that those calls weren't doctored or setup,I just wonder how many people they called over how many days to find a handful of morally defect POS.After fast and furious,they arrested several people down here for making straw purchases.
    The only guns I have ever sold were to friends that I know can legally obtain firearms and most of them have carry permits
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I seriously suspect there was no actual transfer. I suspect it was staged with the goal being to capture for the media the “no background check” on the sellers end. Most of the population doesn't understand how the process works and this would feed into their fears and His Mayoral Majesty's position.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Of course there wasn't they were just trying to catch people on tape admitting that they would sell to somebody that didn't think they could pass a background check,In all reality there are some people that are trying to push an agenda that have been known to "cheat" ,like how are we suppose to know beyond a reasonable doubt that the conversation was actually a gun seller on one end and not a fabricated phone call by Bloomers and his pantaloom friends
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

From the report:

'In the words of an ATF spokesman, “If people are inclined to break the law, the internet provides them with more sources.”'

So the Internet is a tool that allows people to break the law and obtain man-killing weapons? Solution: ban the Internet in New York City. This will prevent criminals from being able to access the sites on which they could locate these killing machines.

Actually, some of their recommendations seem reasonable at first glance. But the problem is that they'll just abuse this and make it virtually impossible to get a gun from a private seller. For example, they're recommending that private sellers must legally do a background check via law enforcement or perhaps a local licensed dealer. Seems reasonable perhaps, until NYC decides to have the police do it. The police would likely instigate a 30 day "processing period" or some other BS that basically makes it not worthwhile to do a private sale.

In my opinion we just need better enforcement of the existing laws, and those websites that let sellers advertize their guns should make it clear what the laws are and what the penalties are. No additional laws or regulations seem to be in order here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links