New Bloomberg investigation

This is a discussion on New Bloomberg investigation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Point, Click, Fire: An Undercover Investigation of Online Gun Sales http://www.nyc.gov/html/cjc/download...tclickfire.pdf If this is indicative of larger trends, sales of guns to people who probably ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New Bloomberg investigation

Point, Click, Fire: An Undercover Investigation of Online Gun Sales

http://www.nyc.gov/html/cjc/download...tclickfire.pdf

If this is indicative of larger trends, sales of guns to people who probably can't pass a background check is disconcerting.
    bigmacque likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Was it Mark Twain who said there are three kinds of lies?

"Lies, damn lies, and statistics."

It's always difficult for me to get into any 'research' that leads with bloated numbers that would be hard to measure, observe and refute. Once I see that I immediately start to question the content. I just don't trust folks that lead with statistics that could easily be skewed.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Agreed, the selection criteria of sellers would have been a relevant factor; however, I have seen listings on some of these sites and I don't see a way to skew the data, unless you can see people who have never sold a gun and assume they don't know the law.

I agree with that Scott, it's difficult for me to see a way to skew it as well, my opinion is just a general feeling anytime I see folks leading with copious amounts of data. I feel like saying, 'yeah, right'; and then for me, the rest of the information is pretty much sliding down hill.

It's my problem, really, just one of those little pet peeve things.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by scott625 View Post
    Point, Click, Fire: An Undercover Investigation of Online Gun Sales

http://www.nyc.gov/html/cjc/download...tclickfire.pdf

If this is indicative of larger trends, sales of guns to people who probably can't pass a background check is disconcerting.
    I am so sick of yankee liberals.
    jackson85746 likes this.

If there is a kernel of truth to this it's no doubt somewhere beneath a mountain of distortion and omission. I'd take any Bloomberg investigation of this type with a large dose of skepticism.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Show me the guns.

Jim
    wmhawth and bigmacque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    Show me the guns.

Jim
    Show me the warrant!

Bloomberg has an agenda and it is to seek higher office. He hasn't done anything to merit election to any office, in fact he shouldn't be Mayor of NYC today.
    He bribed his way into a third term against the will of the people of NYC. Gun control is his only way of putting himself in the national spotlight.

Bloomberg is a rich toolebag who surrounds himself with an army of armed individuals for protection, then does everything in his power to disarm his "subjects"
    Bullet1234 and msgt/ret like this.

Ya know, it probably happened. Just the way they said it did...

Apparently Bloomberg's city-state does not have the same requirements as others, at least as regards handguns. His suggestions to fix the system (in the PDF) will only make it more onerous on those of us who choose to obey the law...

There are criminals in every single enterprise in this country.. I can buy car parts anywhere... I can buy designer bags anywhere... I can buy prescription drugs anywhere (scrip or not)... And, I can probably buy guns anywhere, permit or not. Fully automatic weapons are illegal in my state, I could probably buy one with enough $$$. And I would be breaking state and federal law.

I am not a criminal, I choose not to purchase things in that manner. Some people are indeed ignorant of the law... but that is their problem... and there may have been some on that tape... "I'll write you a bill of sale or whatever, I don't know how that all works."

All that said... I agree with azchevy, Bloomberg wants control in the manner of most liberals (political definition)... If I don't want to buy guns, no body else should be able to.

Prosecute the criminals. Period. Enhance penalties for use of weapons in crime, and don't allow plea deals. Period.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I am so sick of yankee liberals.
    I find it interesting that it's "yankee liberals" that make you sick.

Southern liberals don't make you sick? Mid-Western liberals? Or is it both yankees and liberals that make you sick?

Do you see all yankees as liberals?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Lol at Sig ......

I do tend to think that Southern Liberals are different than Yankee or Mid-Western liberals, but by and large the general line of thinking that tends to come out of New York, Massachusetts, et. al. does make me sick, as well. So I'm kind of with az on this one.
    jackson85746 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I find it interesting that it's "yankee liberals" that make you sick.

Southern liberals don't make you sick? Mid-Western liberals? Or is it both yankees and liberals that make you sick?

Do you see all yankees as liberals?
    I Myself DON'T like it when they (Yankees) move down south & try to push thier anti crap on us (True Southeners) ; )
    H/D
    bigmacque and msgt/ret like this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I live below the Mason-Dixon line, but the nice lil' Southern Gal in Georgia rudely thought I was some shouting "New Yarwker" when I asked her a question in the drug store she was employed. I had to tell her that I was from West Virginia, not New York. She had no idea that West Virginia was even a state, but still wasn't impressed. I had to rudely inform her of their "loss" in the American Civil War and we now have our own state free from Virginia. The look on her face was priceless.

A "Liberal" is a Liberal no matter what part of the country they hail from. They would have the same agenda in New England as the Southwest,or Pacific North West or the South and vice versa.

If Boomberg is a gun-hating Liberal, then he would be the same in any state. New York doesn't have the monopoly on Liberalism.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; December 15th, 2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Sig35seven likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links