Gun Control Issue on Kentucky college at KY Supreme Court

This is a discussion on Gun Control Issue on Kentucky college at KY Supreme Court within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here are some links for a test case in Kentucky: Former UK student appeals dismissal of lawsuit over gun on campus | Education | Kentucky.com ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DefConGun

Thread: Gun Control Issue on Kentucky college at KY Supreme Court

2. Remove Ads

Hope he wins his case!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have been attending some classes at the local college to not let my G.I bill go to waste and i wish they would chage the carry laws for that. atleast let us keep them in our povs. such a pain to drive all the way home first.

Quote Originally Posted by gunther71 View Post
    I have been attending some classes at the local college to not let my G.I bill go to waste and i wish they would chage the carry laws for that. atleast let us keep them in our povs. such a pain to drive all the way home first.
    Look at the statue, http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00/020.PDF

Specifically, subsection 8... Your POV is not the school's property. You have the right (regardless if in an elementary school parking lot, police station parking lot, or any other location to have a firearm in your glove box or other compartment in your vehicle). This lawsuit vs. UK specifically addresses this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    State high court says gun in car is legal at University of Kentucky

Read more here: State high court says gun in car is legal at University of Kentucky | Politics and Government | Kentucky.com

Glad (thrilled!) he won!!
    beararms likes this.

Great to hear! I don't live in KY but good for him and the residents of KY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Glad to see there are still some sensible judges around.

Well, some are, some not quite so much.
    "It certainly is a radical departure from the long practice in this Commonwealth of allowing universities and other institutions of post-secondary education to decide for themselves how to best safeguard their students."
    Yes, the universities have done a great job safeguarding their students. What about when the students are in transit to and from the campus?

Any entity (college, employer, whatever) where one spends a large part of their day, which prohibits one keeping a firearm in their personal vehicle, is essentially saying, "We don't give a hoot about your safety, here, or anywhere else you may have to travel in your daily routine."
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Glad to see there are still some sensible judges around.

Well, some are, some not quite so much.

Yes, the universities have done a great job safeguarding their students. What about when the students are in transit to and from the campus?

Any entity (college, employer, whatever) where one spends a large part of their day, which prohibits one keeping a firearm in their personal vehicle, is essentially saying, "We don't give a hoot about your safety, here, or anywhere else you may have to travel in your daily routine."
    Great point, I agree but then again this is UK. This is the same place that tries to tell you that a Kentucky issued handicap parking tag that's good for the entire state is not valid on their campus. UK is the epitome of arrogance. I believe that they should have a right to handle matters and affairs that happen on their property the same as any land owner. The thing is, however, they're not an individual but an institution that receives state money but after they get it, they try to act as if they're a sovereign nation. UK acts as if its policies have the gravity to supersede and trump state & federal laws. UK is run by big-city wannabe libs that despise the actual community in which they reside.

Ok, I searched and found this topic, sorry for reviving the dead. I am a student at Northern Ky. University, and this ruling indicates that I can store my weapon in my automobile while in class?

Links