What 2nd Amendment?

This is a discussion on What 2nd Amendment? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 I think throwing out a grenade like that is reviving a 9mm vs .45ACP debate, or OC vs CC, or carrying ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What 2nd Amendment?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I think throwing out a grenade like that is reviving a 9mm vs .45ACP debate, or OC vs CC, or carrying chambered vs unchambered.

What's your point?

Have you used the search function?

What the 2A means varys greatly depending where you live: VT, AZ, AK vs VA, FL, PA vs NY, NJ, MA, MD, CA, IL....that's the reality.
    Since when does what the states think rule over the Constitution(law of the land)?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Your a few years too late,many States have enacted laws that prohibit gun confiscation during emergencies
    Again, when did state law over-ride the Constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Actually, there were no questions asked, he just jumped in and started with basically conspiracy talk.
    Is it a conspiracy that 2nd amendment rights are violated daily? Did or did not New Orleans have their guns unconstitutionally confiscated? Do or do not states restrict the right to keep and bear arms? How dare you call it conspiracy?

It is gutless wonders like yourself that have got us where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisataka View Post
    Staff Sgt. Refuses Gun Grab - Reality Report Special Interview - YouTube

At the time I was in an MP unit. Some of our senior NCOs and officers had a meeting and came to the same conclusion as these soldiers did. Our CO would refuse any order to disarm the general population. As it turned out we never went to NO so did not have to face that situation.

Our justification was simple:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Our first loyalty is the Constitution. Note the Marine in the interview did not say yes or no to the question
    He did state that he follows orders.

BTW, God bless you for your adherence to the Constitution.

FYI, the supreme court has not accepted a case on gun control since 1939. They are completely ignoring their duty to defend the 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by maat View Post
    FYI, the supreme court has not accepted a case on gun control since 1939. They are completely ignoring their duty to defend the 2nd Amendment.
    Oh but if Obama is elected for a 2nd term, he will certainly replace more of the Supreme Court Justices with anti-2A, just has he already has two of them. When he gets the Anti's in majority, look out.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

It is a joke to think you have a 2nd amendment right. Between carry laws and disaster confiscations, you only think you have this right(as long as they allow you to believe it).

Firearm confiscation Katrina - YouTube
    When I was much younger I to believed that the Constitution was Law. After all that is what they taught me in Grade School.

Then after growing up and seeing how it worked I realized that it was not Law. It was but a suggestion or at most a guideline. Look at it this way. A speed limit is a Law.
    The person that it is meant to control cannot change it on his own. He can't suddenly say that this law was meant to control speeds when there is heavy traffic. But today there is no traffic and this Law meant for me to be able to adjust my speed up accordingly.
    You could do do this if it was a guideline or suggestion but not if it is Law.

Now if the Constitution was meant to be Law then those who it applies to, the Government, would not be able to change it on their own. They would have to ask the permission of those who wrote it. The people. Those people seeing the need for change might have written into that Law a way for the Government to get this permission to change.
    They might have come up with a cool name like an Amendment process.

On the other hand if the Constitution is a mere suggestion or a guideline that difficult procedure would not be necessary.

To your question. Show me anywhere in the 2nd Amendment where it gives you any right at all? I sure don't see it.
    But then I barely made it through High school back in the day. Might not even have all my hooks in the water as they say around here.

Michael
    SIGguy229 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    What Guns?
    I know I lost all mine in a terrible boating accident……
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Oh but if Obama is elected for a 2nd term, he will certainly replace more of the Supreme Court Justices with anti-2A, just has he already has two of them. When he gets the Anti's in majority, look out.
    Its already been ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is a individual right. Legal precedence has already been set and it would take allot to overrule stared decisis.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Its already been ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is a individual right. Legal precedence has already been set and it would take allot to overrule stared decisis.
    Actually all it would take is someone in power and for the general populace to comply.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I agree with tkruf, "what guns?" If they want to get more forceful than that, well we can see what happens when it happens. It may become a good day to die, but it will be an bad day for at least one of them.

He did state that he follows orders.

BTW, God bless you for your adherence to the Constitution.
    When you deal with the media you are always on guard with what you say and how it can be taken out of context. It the military, only the greenest boot would say "Yes I will disobey an order" on camera, even if the question was "will you kill women and children if ordered." You do not know what the question will be when your answer is put on the air.
    The marine SSgt has been around I do believe- Smile nice and give a safe non-answer to the report's question.

I never had the chance to speak first hand to any who were involved in the confiscation so I will not presume to answer for them following such clearly illegal orders. The military people who I did speak to were strongly against it.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisataka View Post
    When you deal with the media you are always on guard with what you say and how it can be taken out of context. It the military, only the greenest boot would say "Yes I will disobey an order" on camera, even if the question was "will you kill women and children if ordered." You do not know what the question will be when your answer is put on the air.
    The marine SSgt has been around I do believe- Smile nice and give a safe non-answer to the report's question.

I never had the chance to speak first hand to any who were involved in the confiscation so I will not presume to answer for them following such clearly illegal orders. The military people who I did speak to were strongly against it.
    Yes, it is highly possible he was just covering himself on camera. Unfortunately, many of the national guardsmen interviewed did not like the confiscation, yet they carried it out.

I was just watching an old Glenn Beck video about the old women in the video, she was robbed at gun point two days later.

VIP Member
    Is it a conspiracy that 2nd amendment rights are violated daily? Did or did not New Orleans have their guns unconstitutionally confiscated? Do or do not states restrict the right to keep and bear arms? How dare you call it conspiracy?

Going, going, going...

Who has butter, I need some for my popcorn? Beer anyone?

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    And I was worried this would turn out to be an intelligent discussion.

Extra butter, extra salt please.

"The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links