"Illegal immigrants have no right to arms"- Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit - Page 2

"Illegal immigrants have no right to arms"- Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit

This is a discussion on "Illegal immigrants have no right to arms"- Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good. I have to take my freaking birth certificate to renew my drivers license in a few months to prove I was born in the ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: "Illegal immigrants have no right to arms"- Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit

Good. I have to take my freaking birth certificate to renew my drivers license in a few months to prove I was born in the USA.....and I have had a Florida drivers license for over ten years. As usual, its the law abiding that end up paying the price for all the illegal activity that goes on in this country. ENOUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

If you are not a legitimate United States Citizen don't expect to come here and reap the rewards all have worked so hard to attain for all these years. You want the goodies, pay the price like the rest.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    We could of course hold our outrage against the illegal until we find out which idiot did it. I sort of suspect it was the target shooters based on what I read in the newsy. Forensics will hopefully settle it.
    I reported the incident correctly,what I pointed out as far as the Illegal Akien is the fact that he was not only in the US Illegally,he was trespassing on private land hunting without permission or a hunting license and Illegally posessing a firearm.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a problem trying to figure out what part of illegal people don't understand, if entering into the US is done without do process then it is illegal, period... When you break the rule of law this does not give anyone the right to take the law into their own hands . Once again you are subject to do process, not the right to arm yourself. Just my 2 cents..

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    IMO, the only "right" they have is to be picked up and deported back to the country they came from. I know and work with many legal aliens who applied for a immigration permit, waited years for it to be granted and have worked hard become contributing members of this country. To give the same to someone who sneaks in is a slap in the face to those who do it the right way.
    And if you've ever had to deal with the USCIS (formerly INS), they are horrible. As an American, I am embarrassed that so many people encounter the USCIS as the "face" of the US. They are a bureaucratic nightmare embellished with a poor attitude.

You can follow their written guidance and still be told you've filed the wrong forms and must start again - oh, and by the way thanks for your filing fees, which you will not get back even when you follow their incorrect direction.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I would simply say "No problemo."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    They have the same right to possess a firearm as any other felon--None! By the very definition of being an illegal imigrant, they have forfeited that right.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Good. I have to take my freaking birth certificate to renew my drivers license in a few months to prove I was born in the USA.....and I have had a Florida drivers license for over ten years. As usual, its the law abiding that end up paying the price for all the illegal activity that goes on in this country. ENOUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

If you are not a legitimate United States Citizen don't expect to come here and reap the rewards all have worked so hard to attain for all these years. You want the goodies, pay the price like the rest.
    If you take your birth certificate, SS card, and all the other required documents you will get a gold star on your new license and you wont have to show any of that stuff again.
    bigmacque likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The first time I traveled to Europe for a business trip a coworker friend told me to remember that I had NO rights while I was there. An illegal alien by definition, has committed a crime and their rights should be limited to fair an humane treatment while being processed and deported. It should also be made clear to them what will happen to them should they repeat the offense and return, which unfortunately many of them do after being deported. I do agree with Hopyard that due process is required to determine if they are illegal. I also have a hard time envisioning how a legitimate tourist won't generally have some form of processing upon entry. This also reminds me of when I was growing up, we routinely went to Canada for a couple of weeks every year. My mother once asked me a good question, which I was not able to answer. How would you prove that your an American Citizen? At the ripe age of 12, I didn't even have an ID and passports weren't required back then.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post

The fault for this falls not on the illegal, but on a past Congress with no regard for your or my rights as a citizen.

Not very long ago--- 1998 my extremely elderly mother did very nicely in all her daily activities with no ID whatsoever; once in awhile she was able to use the photo ID from her public library, now and again she needed to remember her social security number.

That personal freedom from "papers" existed in this country for well over 200 years, but the Congress of the early 20th century (and some nervous nellies in the airline world of the mid 1990s) took that freedom from us all.

Now we are rapidly moving to not only a papers please society but a society in which only certain papers are recognized.

Folks, for all of you who complain about lost freedom but support the various attacks on everyone's civil liberties, get your head together. You can't have it both ways. You can't have freedom and foolproof security.

Congress and the courts went over the cliff during the early first 6 years of this century and they are still going over the cliff with their latest bit of lunacy about jailing US citizens without Habeus rights on mere allegations by The Executive. And, this is a Congress in which The House leaders pledged to require that each bill would state the basis of its constitutionality; until they started ignoring their own word.
    gunsnroses likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -

That seems to me to mean that the constitution was meant to be exclusive to the citizens of this country.

IMO, this tends to show how screwed-up the SCOTUS is when they say that any constitutional right applies to non-citizens.
    The founders were literate people. If they wanted to use the word CITIZEN in the Bill of Rights or anywhere else, they would have. In point of fact back then there were huge numbers of people on the continent who were part of the people of The United States but not citizens. People were arriving by the boatload daily from Europe in sailing vessels. There was mass migration
    into the US from adjoining English and Spanish and French territory. They got off the boat and went about their business.
    No one would have thought about preventing them from any of the rights in the Bill of Rights.

There is only one thing the Constitution makes contingent on citizenship; serving in the Congress and becoming President.

Even Federal Judges are not required by the Constitution to be US Citizens. "The Constitution sets forth no specific requirements." Frequently Asked Questions
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Now we are rapidly moving to not only a papers please society but a society in which only certain papers are recognized. Folks, for all of you who complain about lost freedom but support the various attacks on everyone's civil liberties, get your head together. You can't have it both ways. You can't have freedom and foolproof security.
    Unfortunately, you are correct. Part of me thinks that a large part of the answer is to make services unavailable to illegals. If they can't get welfare, can't get free health care, can't send their kids to school, can't get a drivers license, etc there would be little to no advantage to being here. Part of the problem is that businesses have learned that they can make money off of the illegals (I am thinking of the banks with all their foreign language signs) and until that is not the case, well .... To be honest, there are times when I wouldn't mind having the benefits of being an illegal alien!

The question is, would I rather live in a "show me your papers" environment or have my taxes go to sustaining a bunch of parasites?

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Unfortunately, you are correct. Part of me thinks that a large part of the answer is to make services unavailable to illegals. If they can't get welfare, can't get free health care, can't send their kids to school, can't get a drivers license, etc there would be little to no advantage to being here. Part of the problem is that businesses have learned that they can make money off of the illegals (I am thinking of the banks with all their foreign language signs) and until that is not the case, well .... To be honest, there are times when I wouldn't mind having the benefits of being an illegal alien!

The question is, would I rather live in a "show me your papers" environment or have my taxes go to sustaining a bunch of parasites?
    It does not even have to be a papered society. Not to the extent its being made into. Really, only legal residents should be able to get a drivers license or a state ID. It used to be that was all you needed to go with a checkbook. That's all that should still be needed. If you can't have a state ID, then there are many services that should be denied.

Even legal immigrants can get a state ID pursuant to their legal status here. It's been that way since I was a kid back in the 80s.

RKM
    Why in the world would an illegal immigrant have rights? They should be immediately deported, no questions asked. A legal immigrant, yes, should have constitutional rights.... all of them.

I have to say that as much as a liberal that I am, I fall pretty much off the conservative cliff concerning this issue.

I believe that you need to show "papers" before you can receive any entitlements such as welfare, Medicaid, etc or be able to enroll those children in public school.

Sure, they are a intricate part of some economies, and sure they are people in our country and should deserve a level of American decency and I agree with that 100%. But I also see it more as a exploitation of cheap and illegal labor and they are mudding the waters of those Americans that can really benefit from the services this nation provides via our tax dollars.

I don't believe that there is one person on this forum that would object in helping out a American family in need that really needs it......and I do believe that everyone here "would" object to just blatantly throwing money to whoever has their hand out....being legal OR illegal.

I fall in this camp.
    bigmacque likes this.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    IMO, the only "right" they have is to be picked up and deported back to the country they came from. I know and work with many legal aliens who applied for a immigration permit, waited years for it to be granted and have worked hard become contributing members of this country. To give the same to someone who sneaks in is a slap in the face to those who do it the right way.
    I agree with it

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    ... An illegal alien by definition, has committed a crime and their rights should be limited to fair an humane treatment while being processed and deported. It should also be made clear to them what will happen to them should they repeat the offense and return ...
    And I agree with this too.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links