Utah Lawmaker says, stop harrasing defensive carry. - Page 2

Utah Lawmaker says, stop harrasing defensive carry.

This is a discussion on Utah Lawmaker says, stop harrasing defensive carry. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SamF The difference comes in whether the business is open to the general public or not. Stores like Shopco and Sam's Club ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Utah Lawmaker says, stop harrasing defensive carry.

Quote Originally Posted by SamF View Post
    The difference comes in whether the business is open to the general public or not. Stores like Shopco and Sam's Club have restricted membership and could impose rules for membership but most stores have open access and cede most property rights when they invite the general public in as customers. A store owner cannot claim an expectation of privacy in the middle of his open store. Nor should he be allowed to deny someone else their right to defense when he has extended an open invitation to all.
    Are you implying that stores that are open to the public cannot set rules those entering must follow? Must a store owner entertain your right to free speech as well? Maybe allow a patron to set up a speaker in the center of the store so that he can espouse the virtues of a competitor?
    Maybe allow everyone their right to wear flip flops cutoffs and dirty sweatshirts when dining at your high class restaurant?

Do your rights to impose your rights on me override my right not to be imposed upon?

Michael

Being from Tennessee I'm guessing you might enjoy a touch of the nectar produced in that part of the country.... if so you won't like Utah. I run into Utah residents at my favourite liquor store (just 24 miles from the boarder) all the time and they are buying multiple bottles at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links