Ok Florida! Another attack on our Concealed Carry Rights! HB 1087

This is a discussion on Ok Florida! Another attack on our Concealed Carry Rights! HB 1087 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Democrat Representative Lori Berman has filed HB 1087 , which adds additional designated locations where guns are prohibited. Pursuant to the bill, guns will no ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ok Florida! Another attack on our Concealed Carry Rights! HB 1087

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

Exclamation Ok Florida! Another attack on our Concealed Carry Rights! HB 1087

Democrat Representative Lori Berman has filed HB 1087, which adds additional designated locations where guns are prohibited. Pursuant to the bill, guns will no longer be permitted in childcare facilities or governmental buildings.

Florida House Of Representatives - HB 1087 - Concealed Weapons or Firearms
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

2. Remove Ads

You just need to make certain it gets voted down.

Another fool trying to legislate the criminals. Some people just don't get it. They need to stop trying to live in an ideal world and join us in the real one. All they are doing is making it easier for those that don't care if they are breaking one law, or 1,000 laws, to get away with being dishonest. They are called criminals for a reason.
    tkruf likes this.

I hope for the sake of all Floridian's, this gets shot down and doesn't pass. She's so stupid, probably thinking she's doing good, making a difference for the good of the people. She needs to wake up and stop living in her fantasy world.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Maybe I'm missing something here, but those places mentioned pretty much don't allow CC now?

Florida...
    Places off-limits when carrying:
    1. any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    2. any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
    3. any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
    4. any courtroom*
    5. any polling place
    6. any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
    7. any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
    8. any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    9. any school administration building
    10. any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
    11. any elementary or secondary school facility
    12. any area technical center
    13. any college or university facility*
    14. inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
    15. any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
    rdpG19, gunsnroses and Old School like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

email sent and I don't live in FL but AKO emails ususally get answered.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but those places mentioned pretty much don't allow CC now?
    I got the same thing from reading it, just another person trying to say they got a bill passed!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    I got the same thing from reading it, just another person trying to say they got a bill passed!
    Not just another person, another liberal democrat, trying to dilute the right to CC. "Two steps forward, one step back".

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Florida...
    Places off-limits when carrying:
    1. any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    2. any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
    3. any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
    4. any courtroom*
    5. any polling place
    6. any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
    7. any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
    8. any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    9. any school administration building
    10. any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
    11. any elementary or secondary school facility
    12. any area technical center
    13. any college or university facility*
    14. inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
    15. any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
    I agree with you
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

The general description reads "a state, county, municipal, school board, constitutional officer’s, or special district office or building that primarily consists of offices for one of these entities or any combination of them or into a child care facility, etc."

But the bill reads "Any state, county, municipal, school board, constitutional officer’s, or special district office or building that primarily consists of offices for one of these entities or any combination of them or into a child care facility, etc."

Whenever the word "Any" shows up, no good can come from that. All encompassing, and you would be surprised how may buildings are owned by the various govt agencies.

Kill that bill!!!
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

You can, for example, carry in a FL DMV or Tax Assessor's office. They are government offices but not police stations or meetings of a governing body. Even if governing bodies held meetings in those places, they wouldn't be off limits at those times when meetings aren't being held. Similarly, childcare facilities that aren't on school grounds aren't prohibited places.

The bill is trying to make carry in all government offices and childcare facilities carry-free zones, never mind that licensed carriers have never committed crimes in those places.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    This bill is trying to extend the list of prohibited places.

My email to the idi .... er, representative, basically stated that I'm fed up with elected officials spending time pushing their agendas instead of passing bills that help - or eliminating bills that prevent -- job creation or any other helpful, beneficial legislation that makes this state a better place to live in.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    Not just another person, another liberal democrat, trying to dilute the right to CC. "Two steps forward, one step back".
    I would say that you have a real issue with liberal democrat's. Have you thought about counseling? This is twice now in two days that you made it a point to make that distinction? "Liberal Democrat's" carry guns too you know and there are lots on this forum. We are not all the same just because we wear that label. I find it quite insulting like it was the color of my skin or my religion how you generalize?

This is a national forum (all 50 states) and has members from all walks of life. We all respect one another even though we don't always agree. This is why I am a member and why this forum is so successful.

Kelly
    RIRdKng likes this.

Well, it's the "chipping away " approach.... intentional to deny people the right to carry.... it worked before, so they probably figure that we'll all be asleep while they do it again.

I remember the day when the question was not "whether" you had a gun, but "which " ones you had.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    I would say that you have a real issue with liberal democrat's. Have you thought about counseling? This is twice now in two days that you made it a point to make that distinction? "Liberal Democrat's" carry guns too you know and there are lots on this forum. We are not all the same just because we wear that label. I find it quite insulting like it was the color of my skin or my religion how you generalize?

This is a national forum (all 50 states) and has members from all walks of life. We all respect one another even though we don't always agree. This is why I am a member and why this forum is so successful.

Kelly
    Maybe so but it has been recently only the Democrats who are the ones pushing any anti-gun legislation at all. I just wish some of the gun toting "liberal Democrats" would help us all out here and school your idiot constituents a little on some pro-gun legislation.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Lori Berman was born in New York. Take I-75 north please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links