Obama : 2nd term ? and gun rights..............

This is a discussion on Obama : 2nd term ? and gun rights.............. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by violinjim I'm not a fan of Obama and do believe that he might try something on the smaller scale if re-elected but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Obama : 2nd term ? and gun rights..............

Quote Originally Posted by violinjim View Post
    I'm not a fan of Obama and do believe that he might try something on the smaller scale if re-elected but Newt Ginrich? Mitt Romney? Michelle Bachmann? Really? I mean Really? Morons, all of them. I trust Obama more than these clowns. They are ALL Puppets being told what to say when to say it. The grey matter emptied out a long time ago. Obama included and I want him out of office as much as I did Bush II, Clinton, and Bush I. Embarrassing we can't get an intelligent, rational, human being that is not beholden to the "Money" that put them in office.
    Now Ron Paul is someone I can trust. Not afraid to speak the truth. Some say radical but that's exactly what our forfeathers were. Not afraid to shake things up for the benefit of all. I don't know where he stands on gun control but I'd imagine being a constitutionalist, he's OK with the 2nd Amendment.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    JIm
    For the record, I'm a registered Democrat that tends to vote mostly Republican because I love my guns. I'm incredibly disenfranchised by the entire government at the moment and watching our country go down the tube faster than I though imaginable is very depressing. I am also a music teacher very much in danger of losing the most important thing in my life, the ability to affect children in a very powerful, positive way through music. And I hunt every weekend available.
    I'm a Registered Republican but don't see much to vote for in that area, cant stand Obama Mamma. I agree with VIOLINJIM "Embarrassing we can't get an intelligent, rational, human being that is not beholden to the "Money" that put them in office." Is this the best "cream of the crop" that republicans can come up with??????
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    He got Obamacare passed.
    Congress had a lot more to do with it. Congress is also where we should be focusing our attention. Congress introduces and passes legislation. Obama mania is a distraction. Granted, if reelected he may get to appoint more judges, including to the SCOTUS. It is still a matter of choosing your poison, because other recent presidents nominees are just as corrupt on their partisan issues. The bottom line is that you need to think carefully about whom to support and why. Just because someone has a R or a D by their name doesn't really mean squat.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Hopyard likes this.

That's what the NRA is there for, to stir up the flock and constantly hype upcoming "disasters." That and to take your money so they can send you hundreds of mailers every year.
    Exactly.

i've been an NRA member for over 50 years and don't this new NRA one bit. LaPierre sits in his ivory tower drawing a salary of nearly a million dollars per year. He is surrounded by a bunch of lackeys who also draw bloated salaries.

The NRA decided about one year ago to broaden their appeal: "The UN is going to take your guns" trash sells with the conspiracy theorists and no-nothings.

I'm a Registered Republican but don't see much to vote for in that area, cant stand Obama Mamma. I agree with VIOLINJIM "Embarrassing we can't get an intelligent, rational, human being that is not beholden to the "Money" that put them in office." Is this the best "cream of the crop" that republicans can come up with??????
    Ditto here.

Obama has been a disaster for this country: But it looks like hes a shoo in for a second term.

This bunch of Republican presidential candidates are a collective joke. Regardless who is selected in the primary, at least one of those huge egos will run as an independent, guaranteeing Obama another term.
    Hopyard and Rockymonster like this.

Just another SCOTUS appointment would be a disaster if he were still in office.
    phreddy and Buckj like this.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

The puppet won't be back for a 2nd term.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    I say whoever wins,... We The people still take back the gov. and make things right..... Physically and whatever it takes, Every politic is a liar. Period.
    I don't know what you mean by "physically" but if it is what I suspect, you are advocating violation of the law and provoking others to violate the law.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Obama has used some of the most underhanded, and illegal, tactics to circumvent (well, attempt to at least) the laws in place to prevent him from doing what he has done.

The truth is that he has already attacked gun rights openly, flagrantly, and in direct opposition to the majority of Americans who do want to protect our 2A rights. The reality is, there is a growing number of more liberal minded people who are in favor of gun ownership.

Independants, and conservatives, still are overwhelmingly in favor of gun ownership. Those two groups have been pro-gun for as long as I have been paying attention to politics. Which, showing my age, has been almost twenty years now.

It's up to those of us who believe in owning firearms to elect officials that will make strengthening our gun ownership rights a priority. If we don't do that, then we will keep fighting a difficult battle as we have been for the past twenty years that I have been observing.
    Please start to talk sense instead of nonsense. If what you wrote which I put in bold were even remotely true, The House which is solidly in the hands of his political opposition would vote for impeachment. It is easy to throw crap around like you just did, especially when you just parrot what you hear from the lunatics on the airways and the non-traditional press.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by M60A2 View Post
    Your anti Obama NRA freak fantasies have run up the cost of weapons and ammo. The weapons industry is playing you like a drum.
    Lots of us Democrats have weapons. There is a schism in the big tent Democratic party on gun control that you appear to be unaware of.
    What fantasies are you speaking of....O you mean Fast and Furious.. OO you also mean the planned destruction of all brass from military ranges....which would have sky rocketed the price of ammuntion. He has also put two very antigun justices on the Supreme court.

Your right nothing to worry about.
    TomEgun likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    Right now it is obvious that the republicans have no clue what they want. The group of candidates that they have assembled have no chance of beating Obama.
    Rockymonster likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

don't know how this political thread has survived this long... But I'm gonna get my licks in... 'fore it's over.

There is not a single pol on either side of the aisle that is not beholden to money... I fully believe that each candidate is given a wish list by the powers that be... that "really be."

I am simply going to do this: Whoever the incumbent is in whichever election, I will vote for the other guy.

We all know that it won't work... "everybody else's incumbent is the bad guy, not mine." So, everybody votes in the same guy that got them the bridge, or the dam, or the manufacturing plant, or base... The same bridge, dam, plant, or base that now makes their guy beholden to the money behind those things.

Not me. To me, the whole crowd is corrupt to the bone... and until they get it through their thick skulls that they serve at the pleasure of the people... I will do what I can to teach them that lesson... It would only take a few election cycles to get the message across... Sure some poor legislation might result... but probably not, and probably no worse than what has already occurred... and once the system is fixed... the laws can be fixed as well.

But as a nation, we haven't the courage, the patience, or the will... Life's too good, in general... don't wanna upset the apple cart... and all that.

Bah... Vote 'em all out. And then... start whittling away at all the unelected petty bureaucrats that are setting up their own little fiefdoms within the gubmint... And they're there no matter who gets elected...

Department of Education needs an enforcement division? With full SWAT gear? C'mon... Fix this lunacy.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    He got Obamacare passed. He used up a lot of political capital in that one. When/if he recovers his political capital, will he use it for gun control? In a second term, he does not have to worry about re-election, it would be the prime time to go after controversial issues. And in his past, he was very pro gun control.
    This health care bill was NOTHING what Obama was pushing for. Not only that, over 3/4 of the American public WANTED the health care bill pass the way that Obama wanted. However, there is a 50/50 slit on gun control of any kind.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    If you do not believe Obama wants gun control, look at his past. As a senator he voted against guns, even voted in favor of putting a guy in jail for defending his life. Don't forget the Joyce foundation that he headed, gave out millions to anti gun organizations. Hope and change? Thats what he wants, to change all the gun laws. What has he been doing since he was elected president? He started his campaign for relection soon after taking office. I could go on and on but I hope the American people wake up and vote him out of office.
    Agreed, All rhetoric aside what has his voting record been on firearms? Let the record speak for it's self! and that goes for all the candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Personally, I would not doubt that O-man is promising the Brady Bunch, Huffington Post, and numerous 'supporters' that "if they would only get him elected a 2nd term" , that he would go after guns, gun rights, and gun regulation full force.

Wayne LaPeirre, is Exec.V.Pres. of the NRA :

Second Amendment | The Obama administration is planning a second-term attack on gun rights | The Daily Caller

The Obama administration is planning a second-term attack on gun rights
    By Wayne LaPierre Published: 9:42 AM 12/12/2011 | Updated: 9:06 AM 12/14/2011

Obama administration officials are deliberately keeping gun owners in the dark about the president’s gun-control agenda as we head into next year’s national election, because administration officials know that when NRA members and gun owners show up at the polls en masse, anti-gun candidates lose.

The Obama campaign’s strategy goes like this:

1.Neutralize gun owners and NRA members as a political force in the upcoming national election by pretending to be pro-gun or at least not focused on pushing a gun-control agenda;

2.With gun owners neutralized, Obama will be able to win the election. After the president is re-elected, he won’t have to answer to voters because he won’t have to face another re-election battle;

3.Launch a full-scale, all-out assault to rip the Second Amendment out of the Bill of Rights through legislation, litigation, regulation, executive orders and international treaties — in short, every lever of power at the administration’s disposal.

continues @ Link above........................................
    Pre election scare tactic (cool-aid). Geeze, they do this every election time...."Whooo, the Dem is going take your guns" or "whooo...the repub is going to overturn roe v. wade." Its just cool-aid. I wish they would come up with something new for a change.

Administrator
    I'm surprised it lasted this long too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links