Obama : 2nd term ? and gun rights..............

This is a discussion on Obama : 2nd term ? and gun rights.............. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Personally, I would not doubt that O-man is promising the Brady Bunch, Huffington Post, and numerous 'supporters' that "if they would only get him elected ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Obama : 2nd term ? and gun rights..............

Personally, I would not doubt that O-man is promising the Brady Bunch, Huffington Post, and numerous 'supporters' that "if they would only get him elected a 2nd term" , that he would go after guns, gun rights, and gun regulation full force.

Wayne LaPeirre, is Exec.V.Pres. of the NRA :

Second Amendment | The Obama administration is planning a second-term attack on gun rights | The Daily Caller

The Obama administration is planning a second-term attack on gun rights
    By Wayne LaPierre Published: 9:42 AM 12/12/2011 | Updated: 9:06 AM 12/14/2011

Obama administration officials are deliberately keeping gun owners in the dark about the president’s gun-control agenda as we head into next year’s national election, because administration officials know that when NRA members and gun owners show up at the polls en masse, anti-gun candidates lose.

The Obama campaign’s strategy goes like this:

1.Neutralize gun owners and NRA members as a political force in the upcoming national election by pretending to be pro-gun or at least not focused on pushing a gun-control agenda;

2.With gun owners neutralized, Obama will be able to win the election. After the president is re-elected, he won’t have to answer to voters because he won’t have to face another re-election battle;

3.Launch a full-scale, all-out assault to rip the Second Amendment out of the Bill of Rights through legislation, litigation, regulation, executive orders and international treaties — in short, every lever of power at the administration’s disposal.

continues @ Link above........................................
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

I have not a doubt in my mind that that is the his plan. He's laying low, keeping it hush hush, but waiting to spring it on us.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

That's what the NRA is there for, to stir up the flock and constantly hype upcoming "disasters." That and to take your money so they can send you hundreds of mailers every year.

Every gun and ammo manufacturer is secretly hoping for Obama to get re-elected so that way they can sell more products like they have since he has been elected.

As the great Fav for Flav once said, "DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE"
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Your anti Obama NRA freak fantasies have run up the cost of weapons and ammo. The weapons industry is playing you like a drum.
    Lots of us Democrats have weapons. There is a schism in the big tent Democratic party on gun control that you appear to be unaware of.

I'm not a fan of Obama and do believe that he might try something on the smaller scale if re-elected but Newt Ginrich? Mitt Romney? Michelle Bachmann? Really? I mean Really? Morons, all of them. I trust Obama more than these clowns. They are ALL Puppets being told what to say when to say it. The grey matter emptied out a long time ago. Obama included and I want him out of office as much as I did Bush II, Clinton, and Bush I. Embarrassing we can't get an intelligent, rational, human being that is not beholden to the "Money" that put them in office.
    Now Ron Paul is someone I can trust. Not afraid to speak the truth. Some say radical but that's exactly what our forfeathers were. Not afraid to shake things up for the benefit of all. I don't know where he stands on gun control but I'd imagine being a constitutionalist, he's OK with the 2nd Amendment.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    JIm
    For the record, I'm a registered Democrat that tends to vote mostly Republican because I love my guns. I'm incredibly disenfranchised by the entire government at the moment and watching our country go down the tube faster than I though imaginable is very depressing. I am also a music teacher very much in danger of losing the most important thing in my life, the ability to affect children in a very powerful, positive way through music. And I hunt every weekend available.
    Sig 210, Hopyard and DocPMD like this.

Innuendos of impending war, economic collapse, firearms/ammunition restrictions, rioting in the streets, and uncontrolled anarchy are always good for business in many industries; but anyone who doesn't think that any or all of those scenarios aren't a distinct, near-future possibility is living with Alice somewhere in Wonderland. In spite of all the anti-gun organizations in the country, two of the worst threats to civilian gun ownership are the Supreme Court and BATFE.

Personally, I'm appalled with every aspect of Mr. O's "Change" concepts; and, like a dirty diaper, I think another "change" is far overdue. However, regardless of political affiliation, I'm still searching for any candidate(s) and/or party with the cahoonies to reign-in the BATFE and get rid of any authority who's currently allowing (or ordering) them to continue their covert activities (like "Fast and Furious") which had absolutely no objective other than to set the stage for more restrictions on private gun sales and ownership.

I thought this was a horror story, wait, it is a horror story!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Obama can't get simple bills pass, what make everyone think that our guns is in trouble IF he comes back for a 2nd term?
    torgo1968 likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I say whoever wins,... We The people still take back the gov. and make things right..... Physically and whatever it takes, Every politic is a liar. Period.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

My point is, don't you think he is telling certain supporters that... in order to help get him a 2nd term ? Whether he could do it , is a question on who's in the majority in the House and Senate. Will he try it , I'm sure... if nothing else by pounding on Executive orders, the UN Treaty, and thru the ATF (well, Holder's Fast & Furious didn't quite work out well for them).

I'ld rather not see him get elected for a 2nd term, because most of the people he's appointed are anti-2A.... .
    tkruf likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Obama has used some of the most underhanded, and illegal, tactics to circumvent (well, attempt to at least) the laws in place to prevent him from doing what he has done.

The truth is that he has already attacked gun rights openly, flagrantly, and in direct opposition to the majority of Americans who do want to protect our 2A rights. The reality is, there is a growing number of more liberal minded people who are in favor of gun ownership.

Independants, and conservatives, still are overwhelmingly in favor of gun ownership. Those two groups have been pro-gun for as long as I have been paying attention to politics. Which, showing my age, has been almost twenty years now.

It's up to those of us who believe in owning firearms to elect officials that will make strengthening our gun ownership rights a priority. If we don't do that, then we will keep fighting a difficult battle as we have been for the past twenty years that I have been observing.

If you do not believe Obama wants gun control, look at his past. As a senator he voted against guns, even voted in favor of putting a guy in jail for defending his life. Don't forget the Joyce foundation that he headed, gave out millions to anti gun organizations. Hope and change? Thats what he wants, to change all the gun laws. What has he been doing since he was elected president? He started his campaign for relection soon after taking office. I could go on and on but I hope the American people wake up and vote him out of office.
    WD54241, tkruf, TomEgun and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    Obama can't get simple bills pass, what make everyone think that our guns is in trouble IF he comes back for a 2nd term?
    Don't forget he nominated Supreme Court Justices and lower court appointees. Heller was only won by 1 vote and Sotomyer and Kagan are most certainly not for the right to keep and bear arms.
    Superhouse 15 and TomEgun like this.

The gun lobby has convinced you all with the money they have that POTUS Obama is going to take your guns. Do you, that is you, not the gun lobby's tired old lies. What laws have been proposed (none), what laws have been passed (none), what laws are under attack that you can quantify as bring to infringe on your rights? NONE NONE NONE
    Maybe you noticed the cost of ammunition and weapons have gone up. Who do you think benefited from your manufactured paranoia??
    Open up your eyes and do not listen to vested interests gouging you and laughing all the way to the bank.
    Again, there is a schism in the Big Tent Democratic Party. Some want varying degrees of 'gun control' and LOTS OF OTHERS like me are proud supporters of our rights

EYES WIDE OPEN
    rammerjammer and torgo1968 like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    He got Obamacare passed. He used up a lot of political capital in that one. When/if he recovers his political capital, will he use it for gun control? In a second term, he does not have to worry about re-election, it would be the prime time to go after controversial issues. And in his past, he was very pro gun control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links