A Tough Year for Gun Controlís Brady Campaign

This is a discussion on A Tough Year for Gun Controlís Brady Campaign within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a very good read. Sums up the year (2011) is gun control and gun rights fairly well. By the way this reads, despite ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: A Tough Year for Gun Controlís Brady Campaign

This is a very good read. Sums up the year (2011) is gun control and gun rights fairly well. By the way this reads, despite the person who currently occupies the White House, I'd say we are winning. And I think we will keep on winning. We just have to keep at it.

Give it a read:

PJ Media Ľ A Tough Year for Gun Controlís Brady Campaign
    Last edited by TN_Mike; January 1st, 2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Because someone changed the title. Please don't do that again, thanks.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Good article. I also enjoyed the commentary arguments. It's always interesting to watch scientific data be spun into an agenda - then exposed for what it really is. Seems to be the norm, nowadays. It's amazing how faulty data can lead to ridiculously massive amounts of funding.

VIP Member
    Good to see the brady gang is loosing funding and members.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Moderator
    There are a lot of people that believe in the Brady Campaign, they really want to think that they are trying to make society a better place to live by eradicating gun ownership.

The problem is that they are wrong, have always been wrong and will always be wrong until they start understanding the nature of man. The others that run it...they just use whatever means they can to further a goal and they will use whatever means needed to do so, including the talents of gentle people that really want to live in Utopia.

Maybe some day the members of that organization will see it for what it is, wake up and walk off and that will be the end of that group.

Nah...never happen.

Sounded good though.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    In my estimation violent crime is mostly about demographics. I can show you a list of cities in CCW states that have quite high violent crime rates (e.g. Richmond, VA).

I personally handled thousands of criminals in Northern Virginia. I met not a single one who was afraid of getting shot by a citizen. But most of them were "afraid" of the much harsher sentencing prospects in Virginia (although that didn't seem to have them initially quaking in their boots because they were, after all, in custody in Northern Virginia). The "fear" set in only after they got locked up.

Most of them live in the moment, and don't think they will be the ones who get caught. Add to that the general acceptance that there will be some speed bumps along the way (e.g. getting locked up), and that pretty much sums up my personal observations.
    jumpwing likes this.

VIP Member
    Couldn't happen to better group of people!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Oh please stop waisting your brain cells on fox news. Even Wayne said that Obama is not going after guns.
    In the eyes of National Rifle Association (NRA) executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, President Barack Obama’s decision not to pursue gun control legislation is a “massive conspiracy,” and just another reason not to give him a second term
    If Obama isn't pursuing gun legislation, how is the NRA suppose to raise money? hmm?

NRA claims ‘massive Obama conspiracy’ not to ban guns*|*Raw Replay

I think I read a article somewhere which stated that people who do not watch the news at all are better informed on the issues than someone who watches fox news on a regular basis.

The article came from a credible source too. I will find/post it tomorrow :)

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Oh please stop waisting your brain cells on fox news. Even Wayne said that Obama is not going after guns.

If Obama isn't pursuing gun legislation, how is the NRA suppose to raise money? hmm?

NRA claims ‘massive Obama conspiracy’ not to ban guns*|*Raw Replay
    This is your idea of "credible journalism"?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.Ē
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    This is your idea of "credible journalism"?
    Nope....its skewed just like fox news.

The purpose was to show that you just cant take one news source and call it "the gospel."

You have to eat allot of different fish and spit out the bones. Unfortunately, the fox fish has way too many bones for my liking.
    bigmacque likes this.

Regardless of how 2011 shook out, 2012 is a watershed year because the winner may well get to appoint a SCOTUS Justice or two. That could affect us for a long time - a lot longer than many pieces of legislation.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

When they rule that corporations are people and money is speech.....I think its time for a couple of them to retire.

If you want trash news just replay the NH debates and ABC's "George and Diane" show:

On Saturday night, Mr. Stephanopoulos stepped outside the role of honest interlocutor when he pursued Mitt Romney with the issue on nobody's lips or legislative agenda: whether states have the right to ban contraception. Likewise, fellow moderator Diane Sawyer, who asked Republicans what they would say, "sitting in their living rooms," to a gay couple.
    ABC STUPID, huh? Don't single out Fox - the "others" have their share of "problems", which I would posit are much worse than Fox.
    Divebum47 likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Nope....its skewed just like fox news.

The purpose was to show that you just cant take one news source and call it "the gospel."

You have to eat allot of different fish and spit out the bones. Unfortunately, the fox fish has way too many bones for my liking.
    Please point out the "skewed" part of the Fox story. Did he not tell Sarah the under the radar statement?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.Ē
    Jeff Cooper

Regardless of their rulings in the past, I think Obama having more opportunities to make SCOTUS appointments more unnerving than darn near anything else I can think of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links