National Foundation for Gun Rights

This is a discussion on National Foundation for Gun Rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is this site legitimate? Is it a worthwhile organization to contribute $$$? I got an email today from National Association for Gun Rights asking for ...

Thread: National Foundation for Gun Rights

National Foundation for Gun Rights

Is this site legitimate? Is it a worthwhile organization to contribute $$$?

I got an email today from National Association for Gun Rights asking for a donation to the "legal defense fund." I'm confused though about the difference between the two organizations (National Association for Gun Rights and National Foundation for Gun Rights). I would certainly like to contribute to the legal defense of citizens who have been targeted by Holder's Gestapo, but I don't know anything about these people. Should I send them money?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I got an email from them today as well. I'm leery of them because I can't find more info so I won't be donating.

I would rather support the USCCA's legal defense foundation or the Armed Citizensí Legal Defense Network because they are both run by reputable organizations and I know who I am dealing with.

If you find out more about the NFGR let us now.

Have a great weekend.

VIP Member
    I'd avoid it. Dudley Brown is the Chicken Little of the gun world. According to him everyone in the world wants to take your guns, including the NRA. I wouldn't be surprised to get an e-mail from him warning you about himself.

While I don't agree 100% with the NRA on all issues, they've been fighting for our rights longer than any other organization and have more clout than the rest.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Did they just send you an unsolicited email asking for money?Guns or not I don't like that.

I just joined the NRA. That's about as far as I will go. From what I understand the self defense insurance thing is a joke, so they are not getting my money. I figure the NRA will pull the most weight. That's where I will contribute.

Dudley Brown is a shyster.

All you ever wanted to know about Dudley Brown and NAGR:

Scam being run by the National Association for Gun Rights - Page 1 - AR15.COM

Thanks folks... I am already an NRA member. Think I'll just send them an extra donation.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Did they just send you an unsolicited email asking for money?Guns or not I don't like that.

I just joined the NRA. That's about as far as I will go. From what I understand the self defense insurance thing is a joke, so they are not getting my money. I figure the NRA will pull the most weight. That's where I will contribute.

^^^^^Good for you^^^^^^^

I agree with Archer, in that while the NRA sometimes has ideas I'm not really in compliance with, they are the best bet so far.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'd avoid it. Dudley Brown is the Chicken Little of the gun world. According to him everyone in the world wants to take your guns, including the NRA. I wouldn't be surprised to get an e-mail from him warning you about himself.

While I don't agree 100% with the NRA on all issues, they've been fighting for our rights longer than any other organization and have more clout than the rest.

^^^^^^^^BOLD^^^^^^^^^^

Dats just too funny.

^^^^^^^^Underlined^^^^^^^^

I agree 100%
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I went through the ARFCOM post...Dudley Brown popped up, supposedly to defend his position, and in the end, undermined his credibility. He was called out by several members who quoted the e-mail he sent out, verbatim, and asked where it was illegal to reveal who his organization supports. In the end, Brown blustered and ignored the question (the meat of the thread), and instead attempted to redirect. Very enlightening. Instead of directly answering to the "facts" of his solicitation e-mail, he took his ball and went home.

IMO, he's active in Colorado politics, gun-rights, etc....and is successful at it. He's trying to make a run at the National level, but can't run with the big dogs.

Virginia Citizens Defense League does the same for Virginia...and despite being close to National politics, stays away from the national spotlight in terms of lobbying at the national level. Instead, they focus on Virginia...it's grassroots-level organizations that will, over time, affect national politics. VCDL and the NRA are not competitors...they have different focus areas. VCDL is also NOT subordinate to the NRA.

NRA is a powerful national lobby...I'm a member

VCDL is a powerful Virginia lobby...I'm a member

GOA is an influential lobby, but lacks the numbers the NRA has...I'm a member.

Bottom Line: Based on Dudley Brown's posts on ARFCOM when asked to specifically address his solicitation e-mail, I do not trust anything with Dudley Brown's name attached to it...until he addresses the issues called out in his e-mail.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Links