Brady Bill Mailing Propaganda

This is a discussion on Brady Bill Mailing Propaganda within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gunsnroses I didnt even know the brady bunch was still relevant? Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk Oh yeah, they do ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Brady Bill Mailing Propaganda

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    I didnt even know the brady bunch was still relevant?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah, they do are!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

2. Remove Ads

Works well on the floor of the bird cage.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I don't think I am on their mailing list

What exactly would you think their target audience would be? It wouldnt be the libs nor the conservatives....that would just be a waist of money. Wouldnt you think?

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    What exactly would you think their target audience would be? It wouldnt be the libs nor the conservatives....that would just be a waist of money. Wouldnt you think?
    With the Democrats buying guns in record numbers, one has to wonder who their audience is. Yet, most restriction legislation seems to come from the Republicans, at least in the last 30 years or so.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    With the Democrats buying guns in record numbers, one has to wonder who their audience is. Yet, most restriction legislation seems to come from the Republicans, at least in the last 30 years or so.

Exactly why i questioned their relevance. They seem to be the lonely voice in the desert?

GM

Other antis and people who lack knowledge, which means a lot of people.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Eh i dont know. Pro gun legislation is being passed withe little debate across the nation. (Except Ca.)

Eh i dont know. Pro gun legislation is being passed withe little debate across the nation. (Except Ca.)

One thing that has crossed my mind is with all of the new owners and CC permits being issued is if the low crime rate amongst permit holders will continue or if we will find ourselves with a bunch of cannon fodder for the antis? I am cautiously optimistic here, believing that the vast majority of those with clean records have level enough heads to be responsible.

One thing that has crossed my mind is with all of the new owners and CC permits being issued is if the low crime rate amongst permit holders will continue or if we will find ourselves with a bunch of cannon fodder for the antis? I am cautiously optimistic here, believing that the vast majority of those with clean records have level enough heads to be responsible.

I dont get what your saying?

I dont get what your saying?

What I am getting at is that one of the core tenants used to justify a loosening of the restrictions placed upon civilians with concealed carry permits is that they have proven themselves to be generally responsible and more law abiding than the average citizen. It seems to me that there has been a rapid and rather sudden dramatic increase in the number of gun owners as well as interest in gun ownership amongst segments of the population that were once considered either not of interest and in some cases even enemies of the 2A. My question is, with this increase in people carrying, will these "generally responsible and law abiding" statics hold? The concern I have being that if these traits do not hold, which I am cautiously optimistic that they will, that the rise in concealed carry numbers will become rocket fuel for the anti crowd to prove to the law makers that restrictions are needed as demonstrated by violent crimes committed by people with CC permits.

What I am getting at is that one of the core tenants used to justify a loosening of the restrictions placed upon civilians with concealed carry permits is that they have proven themselves to be generally responsible and more law abiding than the average citizen. It seems to me that there has been a rapid and rather sudden dramatic increase in the number of gun owners as well as interest in gun ownership amongst segments of the population that were once considered either not of interest and in some cases even enemies of the 2A. My question is, with this increase in people carrying, will these "generally responsible and law abiding" statics hold? The concern I have being that if these traits do not hold, which I am cautiously optimistic that they will, that the rise in concealed carry numbers will become rocket fuel for the anti crowd to prove to the law makers that restrictions are needed as demonstrated by violent crimes committed by people with CC permits.
    Okay I get it now.

A persons "general nature" to be law abiding really doesn't change. IMO you either are, or, are not.

I would think that the group you should have the most concern about would be our younger CC holders. That would be the group that hasn't yet established themselves through the years of not having any legal issues.

However, I do not, in any way, advocate age restrictions on ccw's!!!! The process of attrition will weed out the the ones that are lacking.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Works well on the floor of the bird cage.
    Or the bottom of a urinal.

I know I'll take some heat for this but the one thing that does bother me about gun laws is the grey area where private sellers don't have to do background checks. I wish the law said that all private sellers can get free mandatory background checks at any FFL's place of business. I don't think this would cause the world to end and would probably keep guns out of the hands of people who couldn't get them otherwise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links