Have you seen "CCW Killers" website?

This is a discussion on Have you seen "CCW Killers" website? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One has to simply consider the source when looking at any bovine exhaust purveyed by the Brady Campaign in the same light as "gospel of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Have you seen "CCW Killers" website?

One has to simply consider the source when looking at any bovine exhaust purveyed by the Brady Campaign in the same light as "gospel of truth" according to the ACLU or PETA. These radical folks have to wipe their mouth with toilet paper every time it opens.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    i scrolled through it fast and counted 35 suicides. Yep, the blissninnies at VPC count suicides as murder.
    Interestingly, in a nation with strict gun control laws....... where only shotguns are allowed for sporting and hunting, after passing a thorough licensing review:

Japan has one of the world's highest suicide rates, and the Japanese government reported the rate for 2006 as being the ninth highest in the world. 71% of suicides in Japan were male, and it's the leading cause of death in men aged 20-44.

The site made my blood boil it was so full of BS!!!

The category of 'murder-suicide' was just too bizzarre... How does having a CCL influence that?!

The accident incidents also blew my mind... One dummy accidently shoots someone showing them an uncleared weapon - again, CCL influence?
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Since May 2007 402 people have been allegedly killed.

That is 80 people a year.

In contrast

In the same time frame ( yearly averages)

600K die from heart disease
    118K die from accidents of every variety
    75K die from alcohol related deaths
    69k die from diabetes
    400 kids die from drowning in swimming pools
    58K a year die from FDA approved drugs
    20K die a year from other hospital errors
    12k a year die in hospitals from unnecessary medical surgery at hospitals
    7K die from medicine errors in hospitals
    360 people die every year from police chases with 42% of that number being innocent bystanders (151)
    90 people a year die from lighting strikes
    53 people a year die from bee stings

So based upon real facts, you are more likely to die from an automobile, alchohol, a doctor or nurse, and get hit by lightning and turn into a crispy critter before a CCW shoots you negligently ( or not because I haven't seen their data) You are also almost twice as likely to die as a result of a police initiated chase.

and I will end with this little tidbit:

According to a study by Newsweek magazine, only 2% of civilian shootings involve an innocent person being shot (not killed). The error rate for police is 11%. What this means is that you are more than 5 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. But, when you consider that citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as do police every year, it means that, per capita, you are more than 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. That is as low as I can get that number.

and....

The Kleck study shows that police shoot and kill around 600 criminals each year. Yet the University of Chicago study shows that police killed 330 innocent individuals in 1993.

The last two data sets were gained from here: GUNS - The Untold Truth

The rest from variuos government sources that you can freely research yourself

These peopel can go jump off a bridge
    mano3 and TheShadow like this.

Pick a major metro area like Detroit and look at the statistics for killings, just a couple of days will eclipse these numbers.
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Pick a major metro area like Detroit and look at the statistics for killings, just a couple of days will eclipse these numbers.
    St. Louis averages about 150 murders per year. That would mean about 750 since 07.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Concealed Carry KILLERS! They are a little dramatic, aren't they?
    mano3 likes this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

CCL is simply a permit to carry a concealed weapon. It never has and never will stop everyone from carrying a gun. The brady bunch would lose control of all bodily functions if they knew how many people in Illinois illegally carry a gun concealed everyday. The simple fact is that it is possible for anyone to commit murder. Issueing a permit does not put a gun in the hand, a victim in the sights, and a finger on a trigger. Like azchevy said there are easier ways to get killed than by a CCL holder. Violence cannot be stopped and I can't say I'd want it to be stopped. Violence can save your bacon (not just if someone tries to take my bacon, which would make me violent). We all have violence in us, how we control it is what matters.
    mano3 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    Concealed Carry KILLERS! They are a little dramatic, aren't they?
    Nothing says "Listen to me, I have important things to say!" like an alliteration. My my, aren't we clever.

And dramatic? But of course. There's no better way to get more readers, in turn gaining one more influence and power (the desired effect) than by overstating the importance and drama of one's chosen topic.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I heard a left leaning program talking about how our military is trained to commit murder. Sickens me, really. It's no surprise about CCW holders getting painted in the worst possible light. The high profile story of the neighborhood watch guy shooting and killing the young man is getting an awful lot of airtime on the radio news without offering so much as a single fact. Not saying he was right or wrong but I have heard nothing in the way of details to determine which.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Why don't they have a "number of lives saved" by concealed carry holders? Oh wait, that would completely ruin the site. HAHAHAHA
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

73.246% of statistics are pure, made up BS.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    I forget who said "There are lies, damn lies and statistics.".
    Mark Twain if I remember correctly.
    mano3 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Statistics are great. You can make them say whatever you want. And somehow the Brady Bunch can still only find a laughable number of "killers" to paste on their website when you consider the number of permit holders and gun owners in the country.

As far as the website goes, I try not to go there so they can't count me in their number of people educated on the dangers of evil inanimate objects.
    Walk softly ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links