Have you seen "CCW Killers" website?

This is a discussion on Have you seen "CCW Killers" website? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; VPC - The Violence Policy Center - Concealed Carry Killers I was browsing through the Brady campaign's website. You know, see what the enemy is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Have you seen "CCW Killers" website?

Have you seen "CCW Killers" website?

VPC - The Violence Policy Center - Concealed Carry Killers

I was browsing through the Brady campaign's website. You know, see what the enemy is up to these days. They pointed out this website about people with permits who have committed murder.

Even if all of this information is true, it pales in comparison to the number of CCW holders who have not committed crimes. And chances are these people would have committed the crime with or without the CCW.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

2. Remove Ads

When someone commits murder, the last thing on their mind is whether or not they are legally carrying. Having a carry permit doesn't lead you to commit murder any more than having a drivers license leads you to commit vehicular homicide.
    chefjon, Cook74, shooterX and 9 others like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

In the eyes of the Brady Campaign,even a justifiable self defense shooting they count as the CCW CHL etc holder as committing a murder
    Medic218, MisterAvis and beararms like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Seen that website before, pure unadulterated Bravo Sierra.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

How many have been killed by BG's? BG's don't worry about getting licensed, so their numbers don't count?
    beararms likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

It's funny, but they have numbers going back for years. However, they don't mention the number of criminals killing people in that same time frame, nor do they mention the number of civilian casualties in police involved shootings.

Two important statistics to also show to have a better overall picture.

Really, they should omit suicides as well. If not a gun, then something else would have been used. There are reams of reports by mental health professionals that have stated this simple fact.
    beararms likes this.

Yeah where is the felon with guns murder tally list! I am dying to see that one!!

Those numbers are not even for a one year period. The tally started in May 2007, 4 1/2 years ago. It is BS either way.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    In the eyes of the Brady Campaign,even a justifiable self defense shooting they count as the CCW CHL etc holder as committing a murder
    Well, believe it or not, I went through the entire list and pretty much everything in there was legit as far as an actual murder with a conviction. (I didn't see any justified self-defense shootings) My gripes are, however, that they also included murders in states where no permit is required. For example, they considered Jared Loughner to have a permit because he lived in Arizona. Another thing to consider is that they show the number of people killed, not the number of people doing the killing. So when scrolling through the list I only found about 150 people responsible for all of those deaths, since some people killed more than one. I also agree the suicides should not be included.

My other gripe is that they don't put these numbers into context. Like others have said, they don't show the number of CCW holders that have committed no crimes. They don't show the numbers of regular criminals without CCW.
    beararms likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

B b b but no one would ever manipulate statistics to support their agendas... That is preposterous.
    l1a1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    B b b but no one would ever manipulate statistics to support their agendas... That is preposterous.
    I forget who said "There are lies, damn lies and statistics.".
    l1a1 and mr.stuart like this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

i scrolled through it fast and counted 35 suicides. Yep, the blissninnies at VPC count suicides as murder.

VIP Member
    And how many murders have there been in the same category by unlicensed individuals? Add the figures up and I'd be willing to bet that them number of these crimes committed by licensed CCW permit holders is well under 1%.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    And how many murders have there been in the same category by unlicensed individuals? Add the figures up and I'd be willing to bet that them number of these crimes committed by licensed CCW permit holders is well under 1%.
    Some time back, on another forum, I believe, I did come up with rough percentages of CC permit holders who committed murder (as per VPC) versus the percentage of general population and all murders. Not even close. As pretty much any study shows, the CC permit holders are much less likely to be involved in violent crime of any sort.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Just think - if these folks didn't have CCWs then they likely would have committed the crime anyway. No real reduction in crime rate.

I also agree that this is a very minor percentage of total CCW carriers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links