20 years of work will be lost in a flash

This is a discussion on 20 years of work will be lost in a flash within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We worked hard for 20 years in Wisconsin to pass CC. We had a governor veto it twice in a row and others stop it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 20 years of work will be lost in a flash

20 years of work will be lost in a flash

We worked hard for 20 years in Wisconsin to pass CC. We had a governor veto it twice in a row and others stop it by every means possible.
    Now with it only in effect sense Nov 2011 ,the public sector unions are working with all there might to repeal it and have a goal to have it repealed with in 24 months. And to so restrict open carry that it will not even madder.
    If you don't care that is fine you have your rights also but for those of us that do care the fight is not over wake up.
    They are watching the number of CC permits issued if we do not get the numbers up over 300,000 they will go after the repeal directly, if they get that high they plan to cut away at it over time with reasonable restriction that were in their own words not considered in the bill.
    You going to see statements like " Enforcing a 1000 foot rule from schools on CC is just a reasonable adjustment we can all agree on."
    "Any reasonable person can understand why Weapons should never be allowed in Public places"
    Take my word for it I have been sitting in on the planning sessions.
    WD54241 and MrBuckwheat like this.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I just dropped a moderator tactical nuke on this thread. It was going way off topic from the OP intent. Lets try it again this again. Maybe we can help out the situation if we keep on topic.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The Unions have no money to waste on this, empty coffers otherwise, a huge election year with a lot of candidates for them to spend their members money on, and they are running scared in WI as well as most other states. I believe this is a red herring and otherwise has no validity. Why would they waste their time and members money?

The entire proposition makes no sense to me whatsoever. If I were you I would be communicating this to NRA-ILA.

What evidence do you have that the unions are working so hard and have plans to repeal it?

If you have been sitting in on the planning sessions, what has your input been? Have you made the case for concealed carry, or are you simply sitting by and listening as the planning is taking place. Why not record what is going on in the sessions and out the plan before they have time to grain traction?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Take it to the press and let them know what the unions are doing. If folks agree with it then it is up to the citizens to decide. And like a poster asked,"are you just sitting there or speaking for CC"?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We worked hard for 20 years in Wisconsin to pass CC. We had a governor veto it twice in a row and others stop it by every means possible.
    Now with it only in effect sense Nov 2011 ,the public sector unions are working with all there might to repeal it and have a goal to have it repealed with in 24 months. And to so restrict open carry that it will not even madder.
    If you don't care that is fine you have your rights also but for those of us that do care the fight is not over wake up.
    They are watching the number of CC permits issued if we do not get the numbers up over 300,000 they will go after the repeal directly, if they get that high they plan to cut away at it over time with reasonable restriction that were in their own words not considered in the bill.
    You going to see statements like " Enforcing a 1000 foot rule from schools on CC is just a reasonable adjustment we can all agree on."
    "Any reasonable person can understand why Weapons should never be allowed in Public places"
    Take my word for it I have been sitting in on the planning sessions.
    I think they are going to use a Dane county judge to try and get everything the Walker admin did reversed. They mainly care about collective bargining. I think the conceal carry is very low on their list. We almost got it thru several times and Jim Doyle had to veto it. It is hear to stay! But I am concerned they will try and "water it down".

But I am concerned they will try and "water it down".
    "they" are your elected officials, if "they" aren't doing what you the voters want them to do, vote there rears out of office. It is the peoples state afterall.

I don't make it back to WI to visit very often, but when I do I certainly would like the opportunity to carry for the first time when or if I do go back to visit.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Wow Smitty, 300k is a lot. I don't even think Virginia has that many permit holders.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Maybe I missed something and if I did please point it out. Why do the unions care about CC to begin with and why do they want to eliminate it? Might help my understanding on this. If they don't want it in the workplace the business' can ban CC already right? I just don't get what the fuss is about (with the union support to eliminate CC)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Wow Smitty, 300k is a lot. I don't even think Virginia has that many permit holders.
    Ohio with twice the population and seven years head start, is still well shy of that number.

Dane county judge
    I do not understand. A County level Judge? Please explain how that would work. I am not being argumentative, but a County Judge out here doesn't just issue edicts countermanding State Laws.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    That works out to 1 permit for every 19 man, woman, and child.
    5,654,774/300000=19 Rounded off

The OP is making slanderous comments without understanding the entire situation of CC supporters in the state legislative offices. He also brings up this 300,000 number that has no backing to it. There is no mention of this number mattering for any reason. It has nothing to do with the passage of any bill, or the repeal of one, should we elect anti-gun representatives.

The real agenda for unions is to reverse what was done against them by the current Governor. A Governor that has angered so many people he will face the first ever recall election for his position. I guarantee you that the 15% of the workforce alone is not strong enough to force a recall election. Especially when there are enough union members that support Walker to prevent that from happening.

When we had a Democratic Governor, one of the houses was Democratically controlled, and passed two different CC bills that went to the Governor and were vetoed. That house was one vote short of a super majority override of the second CC bill veto being overridden. That is fact. A matter of public record as well.

The chances of any legislation being passed repealing the CC law is minute. As long as we keep electing pro-2A legislators (of any party) that will remain true.

Fear mongering does not make the OPs accusations worthwhile. Those accusations are of a minority that exist only in numbers in two places. Milwaukee and Madison. The rest of the state just needs to keep electing pro-gun candidates as we have been doing to make their "dreams" never come true. There is a very good reason that Wisconsin has traditionally had some of the least restrictive gun ownership laws in the nation for decades now.
    suntzu and Rock and Glock like this.

Why 300,000? Who decided that amount was a goal?
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

heck, i'm not rewriting my response.... get on your legislators and get others to keep the pressure on theirs.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links