My NICS denial is overturned.. ish? I'm confused. - Page 2

My NICS denial is overturned.. ish? I'm confused.

This is a discussion on My NICS denial is overturned.. ish? I'm confused. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by tangoseal I get cleared for government clearances quite regularly. That is how know I am clear of warrants and criminal figitiveness haha. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My NICS denial is overturned.. ish? I'm confused.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    I get cleared for government clearances quite regularly. That is how know I am clear of warrants and criminal figitiveness haha.

Good luck in your quest. Our laws are overbearing and our jails are overfull all in the name of the dollar. We have the most incarcerated population in the world because of money. Just pay the money and walk away is how I look at unless you truly are innocent or being a victim of a legal official/offices crime against you.
    Yeah, because places like Mexico, where maybe 10% of people arrested actually get convicted, are such a wonderful model of how wonderful life would be if criminals were able to roam free.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    What was, was; what is, is. Reapply and move on with life.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Yeah, because places like Mexico, where maybe 10% of people arrested actually get convicted, are such a wonderful model of how wonderful life would be if criminals were able to roam free.
    In the county that I grew up in, there was a sheriff who had been in office for decades. One year, the brother of a neighboring county sheriff ran against him for the office. His propaganda spiel was this: The jail was over capacity so they set up some cots in a dept parking garage and had some of those serving work release (i.e. go to work during the day and spend the night in jail) staying at the garage under the supervision of a deputy. The guy running against him made loud noise about how these were criminals and needed to be behind bars.

Thankfully the sheriff won reelection by a landslide. Of course, this is far different than what goes on in Mexico, but this country is out of control with regards to its prisons and jails.

With respect to parking incidents: one time I was on a service trip in downtown Denver. I was able to locate parking, but you had to pay at the time. It wasn't metered parking and there was no attendant on duty. They had a sign up with a phone number, but nobody answered it. So I left a message telling them that there was nobody on duty and that I was in town for a few days and when I returned to the office I would send them their payment to the address listed. Nobody bothered my rental car or towed it (I did leave the plate number in the message). When I returned home, I went to the PO and got a money order and sent it to them. My company paid for the money order and I never heard anything more. No tickets, no letters, and apparently no warrants. I also have no idea if anyone even received the money and deposited it.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I got a ticket in SC by the Ridgeland PD without even getting pulled over. I had no knowledge that I even got a ticket or that it was late. I tried to do something and it came back I had a warrant for not paying a ticket from before I deployed last. I called them up and faxed them my information and they deleted it right there. For me being in the military and having my drivers license and license plate registered in Michigan, that is where they sent the paperwork.
    Sorry but I have to laugh a little. You would be surprised at how many of those unknown tickets pop up at deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by juliandelph View Post
    Nice Dr ref in your photo.
    netflix has enabled me to catch the missed ones.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I got a ticket in SC by the Ridgeland PD without even getting pulled over. I had no knowledge that I even got a ticket or that it was late. I tried to do something and it came back I had a warrant for not paying a ticket from before I deployed last. I called them up and faxed them my information and they deleted it right there. For me being in the military and having my drivers license and license plate registered in Michigan, that is where they sent the paperwork.
    Was it a red light ticket?

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I got it. Gun came in, filled out the NICS form, and 30 seconds later it was mine.

Life is good.

Congrats. Glad you got it all sorted out!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links