Concealed Guns Without Permit Bill Fails (Colorado)

This is a discussion on Concealed Guns Without Permit Bill Fails (Colorado) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Concealed Guns Without Permit Bill Fails - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver Concealed Weapons Would Have Allowed On Schools, Colleges Posted by Wayne Harrison ...

Like Tree20Likes
  • 2 Post By Dadsnugun
  • 5 Post By Napolean
  • 3 Post By Dadsnugun
  • 3 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 3 Post By F350
  • 1 Post By Chesafreak
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By Dadsnugun

Thread: Concealed Guns Without Permit Bill Fails (Colorado)

Angry Concealed Guns Without Permit Bill Fails (Colorado)

Concealed Guns Without Permit Bill Fails - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Concealed Weapons Would Have Allowed On Schools, Colleges
    Posted by Wayne Harrison, Web Editor

POSTED: 3:26 pm MST January 23, 2012

UPDATED: 10:29 pm MST January 23, 2012

DENVER -- A proposal to let Colorado residents carry concealed weapons without a permit failed Monday over concerns that it would make it easier for criminals and the mentally ill to have guns in public places. A Senate committee rejected the bill on a 3-2 party-line vote, with Democrats voting against it. It's the second year in a row the proposal has failed, but identical legislation is still running in the Republican-controlled House.

2. Remove Ads

...and we all know how well laws prevent criminals and the mentally ill from obtaining guns and carrying them in public places...that's why they're called criminals or mentally ill and not "law abiding citizens"...wait a minute...something about that doesn't quite sound right....
    surefire7 and Rock and Glock like this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots and dreamers that believe criminals and the mentally ill follow gun laws!!!!
    I'm sad that in Colorado, I'm slowly feeling like a stranger in a strange land.

Quote Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
    I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots and dreamers that believe criminals and the mentally ill follow gun laws!!!!
    Agreed...it's not the same Colorado that I grew up in...still a lot of great folks here , many of them on this board...but, I cringe every time I read one of those "Top #whatever places to live" stories, though, because that just means more people coming here and doing their best to change my home into the place they just left.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    DENVER -- A proposal to let Colorado residents carry concealed weapons without a permit failed Monday over concerns that it would make it easier for criminals and the mentally ill to have guns in public places.
    With 25,000+ gun laws on the books they have not made it any harder.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I just tell fair-weather visitors about the sub-zero winters that last until July 15, and the non-existent Fall that lasts two weeks preceding the Winter starting in October. Two seasons. Cold and Colder. You're right about the dolts that want Colorado to look, feel and run like their failed state "XXX". Shshhhhh.........GO HOME

The failure in Committee was to be expected.
    wmhawth, surefire7 and Dadsnugun like this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

origanally posted by Rock and Glock
    I just tell fair-weather visitors about the sub-zero winters that last until July 15, and the non-existent Fall that lasts two weeks preceding the Winter starting in October. Two seasons. Cold and Colder. You're right about the dolts that want Colorado to look, feel and run like their failed state "XXX". Shshhhhh.........GO HOME
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    Agreed...it's not the same Colorado that I grew up in...still a lot of great folks here , many of them on this board...but, I cringe every time I read one of those "Top #whatever places to live" stories, though, because that just means more people coming here and doing their best to change my home into the place they just left.
    Well.....I just moved here; but fear not I am probably more like you than you are

A similar bill is in the works in VA. I cringed when I read the part about making it easier for criminals and mentally ill. It makes me wonder about the mental competence those lawmakers have to really believe this. Doh!
    wmhawth likes this.

Since when do criminals and the mental incompetents care about a law?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
    Throw in conservative Christian and you quickly find yourself in a land with significantly different values than you have. I was really hoping this bill would pass, but I knew it had little chance. Lets bring it back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Especially when so many of them are politicians!
    Rock and Glock and surefire7 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Especially when so many of them are politicians!
    Politicians LOVE laws, they're what keep US under control.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    Same has happpened to my old home of New Hampshire. All of The Massholes moved up there and are doing their best to turn it into New Massachusetts.

I knew this bill was dead the minute one of the local prime time news reports stated "New law would allow concealed guns to be carried on school property", and pretty much just focused on that, with a brief touch on no permit needed.

I'm quite sure the phone lines and email boxes of the politicians were flooded with "Kill it!!"
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

DENVER -- A proposal to let Colorado residents carry concealed weapons without a permit failed Monday over concerns that it would make it easier for criminals and the mentally ill to have guns in public places
    As if a lawbreaker's habits would change any. The logic to that boggles the mind.

Links