Virginia Members: Fire Mission Re: GUN BILLS TO BE HEARD TOMORROW, JANUARY 26!

Virginia Members: Fire Mission Re: GUN BILLS TO BE HEARD TOMORROW, JANUARY 26!

This is a discussion on Virginia Members: Fire Mission Re: GUN BILLS TO BE HEARD TOMORROW, JANUARY 26! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From a VA-ALERT. [Re-posted with prior approval of VCDL] Anyone who supports the RKBAs is a welcome guest. [First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, ...

VIP Member

Exclamation Virginia Members: Fire Mission Re: GUN BILLS TO BE HEARD TOMORROW, JANUARY 26!

From a VA-ALERT.

[Re-posted with prior approval of VCDL]

Anyone who supports the RKBAs is a welcome guest.

[First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

Tomorrow, Thursday, January 26, at 5 PM in the 4th Floor West Conference Room in the General Assembly, the House Militia, Police, and Public Safety subcommittee #1 is going to hear several gun bills and I will be there to speak on them. If you can make it to the committee hearing to show support (and put on a "Guns Save Lives" sticker), that would be great!

HB 20, Delegate Wilt, protects the right of citizens to carry and transport firearms during a declared emergency (VCDL Strongly Supports)
    HB 22, Delegate Cole, requires localities to try to sell guns they are in possession of instead of just destroying them (VCDL Strongly Supports)
    HB 26, Delegate Cole, provides a $25 civil fine for failure to produce a CHP if demanded by a law enforcement officer (VCDL Strongly Supports)
    HB 364, Delegate McClellan, perennial "gun show loophole" bill (VCDL Strongly Opposes)
    HB 375, Delegate Pogge, allows local government employees to be able to store their guns in their personal vehicles while at work (VCDL Strongly Supports)
    HB 458, Delegate BaCote, allows localities to ban guns in libraries (VCDL Strongly Opposes)
    HB 940, Delegate Lingamfelter, repeals Virginia's One Handgun a Month law (VCDL Strongly Supports)

URGENT ACTION ITEMS!

Here are a bunch of automatic emails that you need to send ASAP in support of key bills that are on the move. Click on the link below each bill to send a message (that you can customize if you wish) to your Delegate. The system figures out who your legislator is based on your address and zip code.

HOUSE BILLS

Support for pro-gun bills (above), HB 20, HB 22, HB 26, HB 940:

VCDL's "Write Your Legislators" Tool

-

Support for pro-gun bill to allow employees of localities to store guns in their private vehicles while at work:

-

Opposition to anti-gun bills (above), HB 364 and HB 458:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

Thumbs up Good night for Virginia gun owners!

From a VA-ALERT.

[Re-posted with prior approval of VCDL]

It was a good night for gun owners! Freedom won, tyranny lost.

Tonight the House Militia, Police, and Public Safety subcommittee #1 met with the following results:

BILLS THAT PASSED OUT OF SUBCOMMITTEE:

HB 20, Delegate Wilt, protects the right of citizens to carry and transport firearms during a declared emergency (VCDL Strongly Supports)

HB 22, Delegate Cole, requires localities to try to sell guns they are in possession of instead of just destroying them (VCDL Strongly Supports)

HB 26, Delegate Cole, provides a $25 civil fine for failure to produce a CHP if demanded by a law enforcement officer (VCDL Strongly Supports)

HB 375, Delegate Pogge, allows local government employees to be able to store their guns in their personal vehicles while at work (VCDL Strongly Supports)

HB 940, Delegate Lingamfelter, repeals Virginia's One Handgun a Month law (VCDL Strongly Supports)

BILLS THAT WERE KILLED BY THE SUBCOMMITTEE:

HB 364, Delegate McClellan, perennial "gun show loophole" bill (VCDL Strongly Opposes)

HB 458, Delegate BaCote, allows localities to ban guns in libraries (VCDL Strongly Opposes)

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

-----

News coverage of gun bills

From Richmond Times Dispatch (with a poll): Senate panel backs repeal of one gun a month law | Richmond Times-Dispatch

From the Washington Post: Va. gun purchase limits could be lifted - Virginia Politics - The Washington Post

From WTOP: Va. Senate panel backs 1-handgun-a-month repeal - WTOP.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links