You think we've got it rough?

This is a discussion on You think we've got it rough? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; (Mods - This seemed like the best place for this, but if you think it belongs elsewhere .....) I was running around this morning taking ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: You think we've got it rough?

VIP Member

You think we've got it rough?

(Mods - This seemed like the best place for this, but if you think it belongs elsewhere .....)

I was running around this morning taking care of a few clients. Saturday morning is usually a quiet time and I listen to a fair amount of AM radio. I was scanning the stations and just happened to catch the tail end of a piece about Mexican gun "rights" and laws. It caught enough of my attention that I looked up the whole story when I got home. It was on NPR of all things.

Here is the story.
    Mexican Community Takes Taboo Stance On Guns : NPR

The idea that, in the U.S., it is as easy to buy an "assault rifle" as it is a beer is a little dramatic, in my opinion.

There is only ONE gun store in Mexico and the initial purchase permit is $10,000. Wow.

It is legal to OWN a firearm, but not to BUY a firearm. Huh?

The head-in-the-sand comments from the three people at the end of the story are particularly frightening to me, as they could easily have come from some of our neighbors and co-workers.

This is what we all MUST prevent from happening in our beloved country. This is why we MUST be diligent in fighting ANY encroachment of our Rights.

Read this story, and see a snapshot of our future if we become too complacent or over confident in the unassailability of the Second Amendment.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

2. Remove Ads

I was told that the military is the only people that can own/carry firearms larger than 38/9mm caliber,LEO's can carry 9mm/38spl or 38 super ,regular Mexican citizens can own no larger than a 22 caliber pistol.This is info I got from a friend that lived in Mexico for a few years
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wow! Very stong and powerful gun laws.
    Now let's see who has the guns? Oh yeah, just the criminals.
    Buckj likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    It's set up so only the rich and the drug cartels can have them.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

The author still managed to knock US gun laws 4 or 5 times, along with "outing" important folks in the fight to allow Mexican citizens the ability to legally obtain firearms. I wonder if one of those folks in particular will wind up dead or missing soon? Typical NPR tactics.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    A whole country as a "Un-armed Victims Rich Zone" or a " Safety Zone for Criminal" or a “Free-fire Zone for Deranged Killers” a.k.a “Gun Free Zone” (which aren’t because criminals, by definition, don’t obey the law) is working just like the Brady Bunch, NPR, and the rest of the anties predict it will -- right.

YEH RIGHT.

I know of some ocean front property in Arizona for sale, if you buy that line.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

The guy who wrote this needs to pull his head out. Assault rifle as easy to buy as a beer? Moron. OTOH, it is amazing an article like that even got written at all...

VIP Member
    Mexico today looks like what the US would look like without 2nd Amendment protections.

Mexico is a hellhole. In other news, water is wet.

(I obviously understand that there are beautiful parts of Mexico and not everything there is bad, but the drug industry and the gov't are out of control)

If Mexico is so wonderful, why are most of them trying to move North?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I dunno, I think UK gun laws may be a little worse. They also throw you in prison if you try to defend yourself with non-lethal methods.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    If Mexico is so wonderful, why are most of them trying to move North?
    Their national economy collapsed in 1994 with the collapse of the peso due to foreign banking cartel manipulations. They had no choice but come North, where we don't enforce immigration laws.

Now our economy has been sucked dry by the same banking cartels. See a pattern?

Not to hijack the thread, the southern border is not safe, at least not based on news reports. NPR is doing a disservice to the citizens of this country and the sooner public financing of propagandists is removed, the better. Why aren't they pursuing the ATF scandal or investigating Holder or MF Global or Solyndra or the forged birth certificate BO produced? Is it just me or have we all lost our minds?

Links